Photo - - - - -

Still Injured - Yet There Is Some Kind Of Hope! :-)

Posted by bennie , 10 October 2011 · 382 views

Definitely time to check in and say hi to all my old CR friends! :-)

Unfortunately my prediction back in June when I said I'd be running in a week's time was totally and utterly incorrect.

I haven't been able to run / let alone walk since the high speed impact to my left foot (1st MTP joint) resulting in torn ligaments and at the time a suspected fractured sesamoid (thankfully though that diagnosis has disappeared with some further testing).

* I am frustrated? Yes
* Do I want to run? Yes
* Am I totally unfit? Hell Yeah! :-(
* Will I run when I'm injured? NO!!!!

I've spoken to a few CR friends who have been encouraging me to only run when my body is ready.

I never knew I'd be out this long though :-(  Unfortunately the pain on some days (even when walking or sitting) is excruciating. However the last month has finally seen my foot starting to feel better and without pain (when walking).

It's still tender to touch but that is slowly fading away.

So my grand plan is to go slow!

I've started walking (moderate pace) 3-4 times per week and doing it without pain

Over the coming weeks, I'll introduce a slow trot into the mix and see how that goes. Any time of pain in the foot then I'll revert back to walking.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts over the past six months! It's been a challenge!

Take care and talk to you soon. Believe me. I have been reading your posts. Now I look forward to replying to them!

Cheers.
Bennie

must be frustrating Bennie, but better to take the medicine now for future running longevity hopefully
all the best
Thanks Walshy..... I'm going to 'hang in' there and not give up on my running dreams! Believe me mate, i've learnt the patience of a saint though. BUT... I have to say it's not that hard. When my body is ready I'll start running again.

The most stupid thing I could do right now would be to get out there and start running. I need to say have a month of pain free walking, brisk or whatever and then slowly start building up! :-)

What is frustrating though mate is reading everyone's race reports! hehehehe. I so do wish I was writing my own! I look at my running goals now and I have to say that they're pretty simple!

* Can Run & Enjoy it.

Is a marathon important to me? No, not really.

So what is important to me? The feeling that every runner knows. The little bit of joy (chemical rush) afterwards of having done a good run. But most importantly, it's being fit. :-)

Will keep updating in here as to what i'm doing! :-)

Cheers.
bennie
Hang in there mate - I have been injured for twelve months and only now coming good. You'll get there eventually; we all do. Chin up.
One step at a time, literally. Keep the faith. M

Basil, on 13 October 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hang in there mate - I have been injured for twelve months and only now coming good. You'll get there eventually; we all do. Chin up.
Thanks mate!!! :-) I need to keep my patience in tack!!! I look at what you're doing and being injured for 12 months but not giving up inspiring! :-) Thanks mate! Chin is definitely up!

RunningM, on 15 October 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

One step at a time, literally. Keep the faith. M
Thanks M!!!! You are always encouraging! thanks a million! :-)

September 2014

S M T W T F S
  1 23456

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog