Having talked things through with my Osteopath and Masseuse I have decided to join a beginners Yoga class to help me build up strength, especially in my core and power muscles.
Benefits of Yoga include
- Reduced stress and anxiety with improved relaxation and mental health
- Improved muscle tone, with an increase in strength
- Improved joint mobility and overall flexibility
- Detoxification effect due to the massaging of various organs, yoga ensures optimal blood supply to various parts of the body, helping to eliminate toxins
- Pain management and prevention due to the increase in muscle length
- Better posture
- Increased cardiovascular fitness due to the stamina required to hold postures strength, helping to bring the body back into balance and alignment
- Weight loss due to increased stamina, particularly with power yoga
I also need to remember to do all of the following exercise I have been given over the last 6 months, which I have not been doing as regular once new exercises were introduced because I felt I was ok (apparently they need to be done all of the time even when fit!). I have also been promised some more will be sent in the post with images to help.
- Lumbar roll
- Knee hugging
- Cat stretch (this one should help lengthen my spine)
- Glute stretch (I have always done this since the problem with my hamstring and would recommend it!)
- True hamstring stretch (lying)
- Kegel exercise (lower back strengthening)
- Deadbug (lower back strengthening)
- Bridge (lower back strengthening)
Not sure when I will go to work now but with running Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Yoga Thursday (13/1) things are starting to take shape.
Just need to think about where I slot some work in the gym into the schedule and the jobs a good onr.