Ewoksta's Blog

Photo

Canberra 70.3 - Entered!

Posted by Ewoksta , 19 July 2011 - - - - - - · 193 views

Well as the title suggests I have entered the Canberra 70.3 in December. Accommodation is also booked and paid for now to do some training.

Training.....paid for Canberra then have been sick for nearly 3 weeks, so very little training has been happening. Feeling a lot better now so will get back into this week. Already done an early morning cycle session...

Photo

Back In Training, New Goals

Posted by Ewoksta , 26 June 2011 - - - - - - · 102 views

Well as the title suggests I am back into training. My shoulder has healed really well, my gut has also enjoyed the recovery period!!! I have signed up for the City 2 Surf again. Managed to obtain a red bib start the last time I raced in 09, but missed out on that group as it was sold out!! Am starting in the 3rd start again, so will...

Photo

It's About Time!

Posted by Ewoksta , 06 August 2010 - - - - - - · 129 views

Well I think itís about time I started blogging again. Yes I know some of ask WHY!!!! Hopefully others will say yippee and enjoy the mind numbing dribble I write each week or so.

Since my accident in October last year, I have had a lot of time to think and work out what I want to do sport wise over the next year or so. Unfortunately in...

Photo

Taken The Plunge

Posted by Ewoksta , 19 February 2010 - - - - - - · 218 views

Well as the title suggests, I have taken the plunge and entered the Club triathlon this Sunday. It will be my first race since my injury in October and let me say I am a touch nervous. Well a little more than a touch, I am $hitting myself!!!!!

My shoulder is almost back to 100% movement, but is still sore when I move it certain...

Photo

No More Physio!

Posted by Ewoksta , 25 January 2010 - - - - - - · 195 views

Well since my last Blog entry we have had Christmas and New year, I have had 5 Physio appointments, another 3 days in hospital with an infection in my shoulder, got used to sleeping on the lounge and have decided to run another Marathon!!!!

Firstly the Physio: I donít have to go anymore!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!...

Photo

Recovery And The Future

Posted by Ewoksta , 04 December 2009 - - - - - - · 80 views

Well the surgery was a success and the doctors reckon I will get 100% movement back in my shoulder and arm. Started 2nd round of Physio this week. Have made some improvements since last week. I have about 35 degrees of movement forward in my arm. I can now bend it at the elbow without too much pain or difficulty. The Pysio, Tony, has given me some exercises...

Photo

Surgery Done And Dusted!

Posted by Ewoksta , 25 November 2009 - - - - - - · 241 views

Well the surgery has been done and my collar is back in place, well most of it anyway. The surgeon had to cut a little bit off the end of it to get it back into place and has tied it in place with some special tape they put around bones. Only thing I know now is that it hurts just as much as when I first did it!!!! Sucking down the pain...

Photo

I Have A Date

Posted by Ewoksta , 16 November 2009 - - - - - - · 178 views

And no its not to the local ball!!!! I have been confirmed to have surgery on my shoulder on the 23rd November. Looks like I will be in hospital for 2-3 days so thats not what I was expecting. Looked up on the internet the other day the classifications of the injury. They range from 1 (minor) to 6 (f'ing major!!). I have a grade...

Photo

Its Official

Posted by Ewoksta , 09 November 2009 - - - - - - · 247 views

Well after a whole heap of Xrays, CT scans and ortho's scratching their heads, they have finally confirmed my absolute worst fears. My collar bone is broken, dislocated AND displaced!!!! My previous blog I mentioned a lump that the Dr's were concerned about. It turns out that it is the end of my collar bone sticking out of by...

Photo

Collar Bone Update

Posted by Ewoksta , 29 October 2009 - - - - - - · 194 views

Well I have had about 8 X-rays, a CT scan, spent a total of about 9 Ĺ hrs at the hospital and they still donít know what they are going to do with me!!! The collar bone is broken, this bit we know and should knit naturally without surgical intervention. The thing they are worried about is a lump on the back of my shoulder that really shouldnít...

Race Schedule 2011

February Tri Club Triathlon S400, B16k, R4k
March Sparke Helmore Triathlon S500, B25k, R6k
April Tri Club Triathlon S400, B16k, R4k
May SMH Half 21.1k
June Bay to Bay 12k
July Hunter Valley Half Marathon 21.1k
August City to Surf 14k
September Sydney Marathon 42.2
October Tri Club Triathlon S750, B20k, R5k
November Port HIM S1.9k, B90k, R21.1k Maybe
December Central Coast Half 21.1