City of Canterbury 2012 Australia Day Fun Run
The fantastic City of Canterbury 2012 Australia Day Fun Run is back
Open to all age groups!
The 5km fun run starts at Tasker Park, Phillips Avenue Undercliffe, follows the Cooks River along a walk/bike path to Ewen Park, which participants circle and return along the Cooks River back to Tasker Park and the finishing line. (Link to Google Maps available here)
At the half way point - Ewen Park, all participants must pick up a wrist band and show it at the finishing line.
Registration commences at 7.30am for a 9.00am start at Tasker Park.
PRIZES - Prizes will be awarded to male and female winners in each of the age categories:
- 1st place receives -- $150
- 2nd place receives -- $100
- 3rd place receives -- $50
Some things to note:
- The City of Canterbury 2012 Australia Day Fun Run is a 5km course from Tasker Park along the Cooks River to Ewen Park and back.
- Registration commences at 8am on Thursday 26 January at Tasker Park for a 9.00am start.
- All participants must collect a wrist band at the half way point before returning to Tasker Park.
- Participants are asked to watch their step and use caution. Part of the course is narrow, there are a few bridges to run over and under.
- Water stations are set up at intervals along the course and participants are encouraged to re-hydrate at each water station.
- If you injure yourself or notice someone who has injured themselves, please notify the nearest marshal.
«Online registrations have closed -- please register tomorrow at Tasker Park before 8.30am»
The City of Canterbury Australia Day celebrations will be held on Thursday, 26 January, 2012 from 10am to 3pm at Tasker Park and Canterbury Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Phillips Avenue Canterbury, and is proudly sponsored by: The Bankstown-Canterbury Torch, The Cooks River Valley Times, Campsie Woolworths and Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink.
RELEASE & INDEMNITY. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
ALL ENTRANTS MUST ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS -- The terms on which you are allowed to participate in the City of Canterbury 2012 Australia Day Fun Run are set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you are prohibited from participating.
- Your level of fitness is sufficient to participate in the Fun Run.
- You are participating in the Fun Run at your own risk.
- The organisers of the Fun Run and all persons who are assisting in conducting it are not liable for any injury or damage that you suffer as a consequence of your participating (to the maximum extent that the laws allow), including injury or damage caused by their negligence and you release them from any such liability that they would have to you.
- You indemnify the organisers of the Fun Run and all persons assisting in conducting it against any claims made against them as a consequence of any injury or damage that you suffer from participating, including injury or damage caused by their negligence.
- You comply with the directions of the persons conducting the City of Canterbury 2012 Australia Day Fun Run.
- You must return the timing tag after completing the race. You are liable to cover a $5.00 fee if tour timing tag has not been returned.
Edited by WebmasterAtCanterbury, 25 January 2012 - 03:15 PM.