Posted by redbackrun in 80/20, 25 June 2017 - - - - - - · 642 views

I DID IT! 80/20 should of been 84.3/20.

Photo

Ronda Ghibellina, Italy

Posted by 42junkie in 42junkie's Blog, 21 March 2017 - - - - - - · 2,394 views
trail, ultra

Ronda Ghibellina 45 km, Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy
29 January 2017

I've done a lot of races but I still run up against the unexpected. When I checked into my hotel in Castiglion Fiorentino for this race I asked at the desk for directions to walk to the race expo, which was also the race start. The desk lady was so sure that I shouldn't walk to...

Photo

Syd Mara 2016

Posted by walshy2 in walshy2's Blog, 22 September 2016 - - - - - - · 3,767 views

1st road Mara in 4 years and 1st long race since 6ft 2015 when I fell 3 times and tore my adductor.

Targeted a 3.30 and ended up with a 3.32 after going out the first 5km a touch quick.

Pleased with the result. Groin still hurts on long runs but stayed the same rather than getting worse throughout the run

Will now work hard to improve fitness and times

Photo

Life is never straight forward but I will do the C2S one day

Posted by Injured2010 in Injured2010's Blog, 08 August 2016 - - - - - - · 3,758 views

Having gone through a difficult time over the last few years I am going to turn things around with the help of running.  I don't want to focus on the difficulties I have had because a lot of people have gone through a lot worse and I need to be positive going forward.  The good news for me is although I have a little way to go with my personal life and...

Photo

Thanks for the space - Time to move on. ;)

Posted by Davekyn in Running Without Racing, 26 March 2016 - - - - - - · 7,017 views

Well that was quick - Come back achieved.  No intention to do laps against the clock. Taking this to a more suited place; where it's more about running in the breeze.  There really are not enough running books about such things.  I go write one...

Photo

Goodbye My Friend

Posted by paigebaby in beginners Blog, 16 February 2016 - - - - - - · 8,685 views

On Saturday i lose my dear friend Cheri.  She was a unique lady who encourage me to do things i would never have tried otherwise.  She was always there to support me in any event i went in, told me to suck it up when i was being precious and generally was just an amazing friend.  Rob and Cheri would always have a spot for me to stay when i visited...

Photo

Posted by loubee in loubee's Blog, 25 September 2015 - - - - - - · 7,191 views

View Postloubee, on A minute ago, said:

Anyone on alert in here for Cool Runners at risk of radicalisation? Alarm bells going off on every page.

Source:...

Photo

Taper Street

Posted by Ponytail in Ponytail's Blog, 09 May 2015 - - - - - - · 8,065 views

I ran 32k this morning a fortnight ahead of the main event and I learnt some valuable lessons.

I learnt that Thorlos are simply not for me.  All that bulk and cushioning made my feet wish that they were never born.  I won't be wearing them again. Ever.

I was introduced to the unimaginable pain that water presents to chafing that I didn't even...

Photo

End of week 2 - seeing some progress

Posted by richardegg in Born-again runner, 26 April 2015 - - - - - - · 7,316 views

Hello all,

Weekly update:

Weekly mileage: 29km over 5 runs
Longest and fastest run: 7.4km in 6:05/km
Weight lost this week - zero
Weight loss overall - 3.4kg.

Have started to see some improvements these last couple of days. Yesterday's long run was over a flatter course, but I'll still take a 6:05/km average. Today's run was great, avraged...

Photo

1st build week complete

Posted by Kilee in Kilee Sparkles Blog, 13 January 2015 - - - - - - · 7,040 views

I have been on the receiving end of a knee injury for the past two months.  It started during a run in Sydney along the cliff faces and stairs from Maroubra to Bondi and escalated from there.  I have seen two physio's and tried many things including variations of taping, resting, strength and anti inflammatories.

I have been considering a change of...

Photo

2015 is under way ....with Narrabeen 12hr.

Posted by Gadfly in Gadfly's Blog, 04 January 2015 - - - - - - · 6,662 views

Another 12hr at Narrabeen completed! I won't say conquered, as I think the conditions got the better of me, but I am still standing, not injured, and pleased to have been out there and despite the gruelling humidity - LOVED IT......so I still came out of it OK.
Sook54 you were right - another episode of sheer bloody determindness got me...

Photo

Pro's and Con's of Running Groups?

Posted by LAVA_Lady in LAVA_Lady's Blog, 24 September 2014 - - - - - - · 9,449 views

So here it is, I've always been a solo runner. Love the freedom of not having to set or keep pace with anyone.
Escape with my music, yes one of those runners......and run where ever my feet take me.

Well, a year ago I've moved to a new area and seem to have lost my running mojo.
New job, unfamiliar running territory, a few injuries, and all those...

Photo

Base Building Week 4

Posted by FastUpHills in FastUpHills' Blog, 12 September 2014 - - - - - - · 28,199 views

Week 4 (recovery week)

Mon - 7k Easy
Tue - 12k...

Photo

Wonderful friendly lung patients and gym free exercise regime

Posted by antracing in antracing's Blog, 19 August 2014 - - - - - - · 6,581 views

I have just finished the 7 week program run by the local hospital in the Allied Health section.  The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is for the umbrella condition COPD = chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.  This covers things like emphysema, asthma, damaged lungs, a man on palliative chemo for lung cancer, and me with bronchiectasis.  Over the 7 weeks...

Photo

Im hooked..

Posted by mitchjazz in mitchjazz's Blog, 12 August 2014 - * * * * * · 6,819 views

Where to start.....

For most of my life I have suffered with the skin condition psoriasis. I have not had too much trouble with it he last ten years, just elbows and that's about all. All of a sudden my body was covered in red patches from head to toe. I was having a breakout. I still am not too sure why as no one...

Photo

Ironman 2014

Posted by plu in Plu Runs, 28 June 2014 - - - - - - · 6,009 views

My Ironman Journey

http://martinpluss.wordpress.com/

Photo

Macleay marathon

Posted by micma in micma's Blog, 17 June 2014 - - - - - - · 7,044 views

Can't believe I ran a marathon! It was a very surreal experience as a year before I weighed 130kg. I decided to enter a marathon as a way to focus on my weight loss. My time of 3hr 15mins makes me even more determined to go for 3hrs. My weight now is 90kg and my height is 180cm. I'd like to get down under 85kg. Fingers crossed I can get this...

Photo

Post Lydiard Training Reflections

Posted by lactatehead in lactatehead's Blog, 08 June 2014 - - - - - - · 8,297 views

After doing a full Lydiard cycle late last year an earlier this year I have now had time to reflect on it.

Firstly, all of the endurance training and high mileage was great as I became progressively fitter and stronger. The  brutal transitions into different phases tested me until I was eventually overcome by illnesses and nagging injury problems.
I now...

Photo

Lead up to Marathon #2

Posted by Eagleangel in Eagleangel's Blog, 28 April 2014 - - - - - - · 8,725 views
marathon, canberra&act

Seeing how I haven't made an entry for quite a while I will start with the months leading up to the Australian Running Festival in Canberra for my second Marathon.  

Yes it's true, running a marathon is just like having a baby, you soon forget about any pain associated with the actual event very quickly!

So I did a few events in the months...

Photo

Continued Five Finger Running

Posted by mrdreamboat in mrdreamboat's Log and Blog, 18 March 2014 - - - - - - · 7,442 views

It has been an age since my last Blog Entry, but an update is now required.

By October 2012 I was running in the VFF's nearly every day, around 5 to 7 k's each run.
In November I could see the weekly totals adding up and thought, with a little more effort, I could do 50km a week, which would be a great barrier to have reached.  So I pushed a little...

• 563 Total Blogs
  • 8,538 Total Entries
  • 13,587 Total Comments
  • emilyblunt12's Blog Latest Blog
  • emilyblunt12 Latest Blogger

2 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)