5 replies to this topic

#1 antracing

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

I have been extremely disappointed with the new generation Altras, the latest women's Intuition 2.0 are narrow, over padded , crap laces and don't have a proper wide toe box anymore. What a bugger, the Intuition 1.0 s are still going well with just a couple of holes and looks like there is nothing to replace them. Yikes, is there any good equivalent in another brand anywhere? The width of the shoe at the widest point of the toe box used to be 11 cm now shrunk to 10 cm, as measured on the sole.Attached File  image.jpg   132.23K   11 downloads

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 2bluesfan

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

View Postantracing, on 20 May 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

The width of the shoe at the widest point of the toe box used to be 11 cm now shrunk to 10 cm, as measured on the sole.
Wow, that's a dramatic change between 2 generations of the "same" shoe.  Unfortunately this sort of "evolution" seems to be becoming more and more frequent with running shoes.

Sorry I can't help with your specific query as I am not actually familiar with the Altras.

#3 RunningSurfer

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Not sure if it will help but on the Altra Australia website there is a clearance section of older stock. Maybe something in the older vareity for you to stock up with! I got a pair for $60.

#4 alanhsegal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:01 AM

Trying to buy Altra's in Melbourne No luck. Tried Footpro in Malvern and Active feet in Armadale but they no longer stock them.Does anyone know another outlet in Melbourne?

#5 riffraff

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

Wouldn't wear Altras if they were giving them away. They've pumped out some very poorly designed and made road shoes over the years.

#6 speedmeup

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:08 AM

On the topic of 'zero drop' shoes. Whilst being zero drop when brand new, are they still zero drop after a couple hundred Ks? Particularly if a person has poor running form and is a heel striker? I suppose the shoe companies test that sort of thing.