Ironman Timex Battery Replacement????

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 dpratt1957

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Hi, I decided to replace the battery on my own. Why spend the time and money to take it to someone else, right. Looked easy, jewelers screwdriver to remove case back and battery holddown. Slip new battery in, replace battery cover and no numbers on the dial. Now I notice small letters on the battery holddown, "After Battery Insertion - Short AC Pad and Battery (+) to reset. Now the million dollar question. Where is that damned AC Pad? Your help would be greatly appreciated, before I have to given in and take it to a jeweler.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 chilliman

Hot eater, Cool Trail Runner.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,227 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

Hi dpratt1957, although i'm not familiar with the Timex Ironman, I have done a few Nike Triax watch batteries over the years.

The "AC pad" will most likely be a small contact pad on the circuit board of the watch module, you may find an "AC" etched onto the pcb. I usually just short it to the + with a pair of fine tweezers to reset the module before re-assembly.

As I said, have not done the Timex before, but should be very similar inside. Hope this helps.

#3 TomF

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

I changed the battery on my Timex Expedition digital indiglo and had the exact same problem - nothing showing on the display.  I finally figured it out and it's easy.  On the white battery cover that has the "After Battery Insertion..." message on it there is a little triangle arrow that points to the lower left directly at a shiny silver colored metal piece.   Just bridge the gap between that piece of metal and the top of the battery and you're back in business.  You may have to lift up the edge of the white battery cover (that has the "After Battery Insertion.." written on it) to get at the battery.  I had been using the screwdriver that I used to take off the back of the watch to touch the two, but that turned out not to be a conductor.  So make sure you're using something that conducts electricity.

Tom

View Postdpratt1957, on Feb 27 2006, 03:12 AM, said:

Hi, I decided to replace the battery on my own. Why spend the time and money to take it to someone else, right. Looked easy, jewelers screwdriver to remove case back and battery holddown. Slip new battery in, replace battery cover and no numbers on the dial. Now I notice small letters on the battery holddown, "After Battery Insertion - Short AC Pad and Battery (+) to reset. Now the million dollar question. Where is that damned AC Pad? Your help would be greatly appreciated, before I have to given in and take it to a jeweler.