#1 Ultraphil

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:59 AM

Some news for the Coolrunning Message board to receive first:

Australian Olympic Marathon runner,Lee Troop has been in contact with me during the week and is coming along to run the first 32km of the Bellarine Rail Trail Fat Ass Event on the 20th June. He will help start the Event and will run the Geelong-Queeenscliff 32km leg of the 64km Event.  

For those of you that are unaware, Lee is from Geelong and the Bellarine Rail Trail is one of his favourite training routes. Lee said that he is happy to be helping a new running event in the Geelong area and hopes that it builds over the coming years.

Personally Im wrapped that Lee is willing to help the sport at the Grass-roots level and am very appreciative of his offer.

So - 20th June - 32km or 64km course.... Free chocolate frogs for every finisher.(or donuts by prior arrangement)

More information go to:  http://www.coolrunni...a/2003021.shtml

See you all there.

Phil   :)

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 Uncle Dave

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:04 PM

Great effort Phil. I mean that "donuts by prior arrangement" bit has really got me thinking....oh yeah, and getting that Lee guy to run too. I hear he's pretty good.   :)

#3 Stu Mac

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

Phil - congratulations, you must have been very happy to have received that call.  A couple (2/3)from the Western A's club have shown some interest and may confirm their availability in the coming weeks.  More than likely the 32k option.

Again, congrats & well done.

#4 Pasty

CoolRunner Admin

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:53 PM

Well done Phil,
And also well done for moving the event date so that those doing Gold Coast can use it as a last run.

#5 Ultraphil

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

Seems like were going to have a few Cool Runners there on the day! I better get off my backside and order myself a CR cap for the occassion!

Thanks for the feedback Guys.

Phil  ;)