In my work I tend to have to attend several conferences both interstate and overseas. The main reason for the conferences are for the following reasons
- brings together likeminded people for networking
- enables participants to 'come up to speed' with the latest research
- there is often opportunities to become involved in formulating a 'voice' , or enact some political lobbying to support your profession.
It set me thinking.....
Is there a place/need/desire for a Cool Running Conference? The reasons being
- It would be an opportunity for runners of all levels to attend practical workshops dealing with current issues/research/skill based practical applications.
- It would be an opportuntiy for Cool Runners to actually meet formally, Cool Runners from all over the nation
- It would provide a consolidated voice regarding issues related to running ( I can't quote any off the top off my head)
- particpants can engage in daily workshops ranging from understanding nutrition, to hearing from Pods about running candence, to motivation, to running a HM/Marathon/Ultra etc
- it could be for a Friday, Saturday and go home Sunday night
- It could be as small as 100 people ( Ive been to national conferences with far less)
and as big as 500
- An expo would be provided as part of the conference (if enough participants were
- airplanes and hotels often come to the party and provide discount flights and acc.
- maybe major sponsers would allign themselves with the conference....
I raise these ideas for the following reasons,
- to see if anyone (or enough people) might be interested
- to see if anyone is interested in pooling resources/ideas to start small and possible have a fairly decent sized annual CR running conference every year ( or two years) 10 years from now.
It's just a thought....a tiny acorn....but you know what sometimes happens to acorns?
So I await your responses with interest.
Frank in SA