Cr 5k Challenge - PerthWA jumping on the bandwagon :)

• You cannot reply to this topic
665 replies to this topic

Poll: Perth 5km Challenge locations (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a single location be nominated for the Perth CR 5km challenge to be run at each month or do we wish to continue changing locations monthly?

1. Nominate a single location (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Continue to change locations (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 StellaBella

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

Ok myself and Loubee are keen to launch the WA branch of the 5km challenge.

For those of you that don't know how it works, details are here:
http://www.coolrunni...y_5km_Challenge

The logical location for this will be along the Swan....ending at a cafe. Techinically we cld do either the CBD side or the South Perth side but I believe parking availability is greater for the latter so I suggest this is what we go with.

My suggestion is for the first saturday of every month commencing September 2008 at 8am - meet at 7.45? First runner/s will either be 35min(or over)  5km-ers or 30min (and over) 5km-ers depending on the numbers and range of abilities.

There will of course be breakfast afterwards!

So who's interested?

Edited by StellaBella, 24 April 2009 - 04:22 PM.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 dropbear

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Jul 2 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

For those of you that don't know how it works, details are here:
http://www.coolrunni...y_5km_Challenge

The logical location for this will be along the Swan....ending at a cafe. Techinically we cld do either the CBD side or the South Perth side but I believe parking availability is greater for the latter so I suggest this is what we go with.

My suggestion is for the first saturday of every month commencing September 2008 at 8am - meet at 7.45? First runner/s will either be 35min(or over)  5km-ers or 30min (and over) 5km-ers depending on the numbers and range of abilities.

There will of course be breakfast afterwards!

So who's interested?

How duz it werk agane?

#3 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Jul 2 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

So who's interested?

me me me!!!

SJ

ps will have to break out the road map - only been SOR once or twice before lol.

#4 Pelagie

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I don't particularly like running the 5k distance but I am willing to give it a try in this format so count me in too! :rolleyes:

#5 slowjogger

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Okay, I guess it is time for me to de-lurk.

I would love to join you Perthies in your 5km runs, as long as you don't mind an old plodder joining in!  I have hesitated to post before as i don't really consider myself a runner (altho i would love to be) and I feel a bit of a fraud.

A little history - former fatty, and have lost around 40kgs about 7 years ago, managed to maintain it most of the time with little ups and downs along the way.  I am still not skinny but am happy.   :rolleyes:

I used to walk for exercise, mainly around Wireless Hill here in Perth.  To start with I would walk once up the hill and be gasping for breath and feel very virtuous.  As time went on the laps up and around the hill got more and more and then I started to jog the down part.  That led to jogging the up part and so started my jogging.  I still can't run for long in one go, but am trying to build it up.  I have done the C2S last year (with a hip injury - I had banged a big suitcase against my hip in a train as it took off and it hit right on the bursa, which became inflamed.  I could hardly walk for a while), the Cool Night Classic and the Mother's Day Classic.   I remember coming to the last part of the C2S last year, I was plodding along and a man who had finished and was walking back looked at me and said "not long to go now love".  Afterwards I said to me hubby, why would he say that to me when there was people everywhere.  He said one look at  my face was enough.

Now I usually run either at Wireless Hill or along the river in Applecross (I think the marathon goes along the same part).  The steps at Heathcote are also good to go up and down.

I must get a cap so i can write my name on the back!

I have registered for the Asics Run for Gold and will be doing C2S this year also.  And the Cool Night Classic if work organises a team again!

Well, this turned into a bit of a novel, sorry about that.

#6 Maygan

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Sex:Don't know

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

Welcome to CR slowjogger!!  With all that hill running you'll have to change your screen name before long!!  

I'm moving to Perth in August from Melbourne so I'm in fr this run.  Will be a good way to familiarise myself with the new town

#7 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

View PostPelagie, on Jul 2 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

I don't particularly like running the 5k distance but I am willing to give it a try in this format so count me in too! :cray:

I don't really like the distance either but am going to use it as a time trial to guage my progress I think...

Slow jogger... welcome to the Perth CR family :rolleyes:

#8 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Welcome from me too slowjogger! Don't worry about not being fast. Its just going to be lovely to catch up with everyone. I'm slow too.
sj

#9 loubee

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

I'm looking forward to these, should be good fun.

View Postslowjogger, on Jul 2 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

I remember coming to the last part of the C2S last year, I was plodding along and a man who had finished and was walking back looked at me and said "not long to go now love".  Afterwards I said to me hubby, why would he say that to me when there was people everywhere.  He said one look at  my face was enough.

Priceless! Welcome to Coolrunning SlowJogger.

Lou  :rolleyes:

#10 20thCenturyBoy

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

Great idea, I'll be up for it if I can get Sat mornings free. Which might not be that often, but you never know :-)

Oh yeah, Hi SlowJogger  :rolleyes:

#11 Pegleg Pete

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Welcome SlowJogger to Coolrunners. No one here worries about other peoples speeds just the participation is all that matters.

I will be up for the 5K Challenge when I can make it although Saturday mornings is usually my lie in  :rolleyes: . South Perth sounds perfect.

#12 Suzy

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

Great idea, count me in.  Be good to catch up with everyone and put faces to the names.

#13 slowjogger

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thanks to all for the welcome!  It will be nice to meet you all!

#14 mjail

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Just saw this forum when I went to StellaBella's profile page. I am interested in joining in the run as well but can't join the breakfast after as I generally work from 8am on Saturdays. Bosses are flexible and I work in Como so that is close by.

#15 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

Just letting you all know I havent forgotten about this... just need to find the time to sit down and map out potential routes and then test them!
Need to put car parking and cafe vicinity into consideration!!!

#16 Pelagie

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Jul 24 2008, 02:01 PM, said:

Just letting you all know I havent forgotten about this... just need to find the time to sit down and map out potential routes and then test them!
Need to put car parking and cafe vicinity into consideration!!!

Just yell if you need a hand! :)

#17 E11en

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

I'd be up for it. I'm one of the legions of FIFO workers so will depend if I'm around for the right weekends, but when it works it should be good.

#18 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

Whats all this about?

#19 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

View Postmarkc, on Jul 26 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

Whats all this about?

I'm guessing you didnt read the link in my first post!

Righto I've done some mapping...
Map 1 - http://www.mapmyrun.... perth/30843955 - nice easy out and back

Map 2 - http://www.mapmyrun....od/522491475793 - need to find another 400m and as it is I'm guessing we probably dont want to stray another 200m from the carpark for the start and finish... I just like the idea of using the Narrows as a natural way to head back!

Map 3 - (this has been kindly provided by Mark) http://www.mapmyrun....ss/428442747006 - this is a nice course (well I've done the 6.6km circuit twice and liked it!)... tho Mark can tell you more about it (car parks and cafes and the like coz I dont have that much info!

Option 4 - Kings Park... there's Sticky Beaks Cafe not too far from KP Rd but I dont know the paths inside the park and if I used the main roads I couldnt get a 5km route... if anyone can work something out map it and post it!

Option 5 - I tried to map 5km starting round that fancy area in Claisebrook where there are cafe's and apartments (those that ran the R4G shld know it)... but it didnt work :p

I'm sorry but my knowledge is really limited... I tend to run the streets not the parks and I'm guessing no one would appreciate a run along beaufort St to the river and back (tho Mount Lawley has great cafe's!)... though that's more what I'm used to!

Soo have I overcomplicated things and confused you all as per usual!?  :)

#20 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Cool bananas!

I know which one I'm hoping for (Map3) *smirk*.. reason being is it's easy to get to, (straight off freeway south at canning hwy exit) and plenty of parking for free and a cafe right at the finish.

Plus might be a good look at the course if anyone is doing the deepwater point run in November.

PLUG PLUG PLUG! :p

M

Edit: And toilets at start and finish lines. ;-)

Edited by markc, 02 August 2008 - 06:52 PM.

#21 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

Do you want me to go and do a drive in Kings Park and measure a couple of five and ten k runs?

sj

#22 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 2 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

Cool bananas!

I know which one I'm hoping for (Map3) *smirk*.. reason being is it's easy to get to, (straight off freeway south at canning hwy exit) and plenty of parking for free and a cafe right at the finish.

As the only person in Perth that does not have a car my idea of easy to get to is a little different to everyone elses!

#23 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Aug 2 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

As the only person in Perth that does not have a car my idea of easy to get to is a little different to everyone elses!
Ah yes.  Train line is right near it though?  Not fussed were though, just know it's exactly 5k ;-)

How about the run 4 gold 5k course? :p  Can start from the proper start and just deviate the finish around the water sports centre.  Thats pretty central.

EDIT : Heres a link to a rejigged start and finish... http://www.mapmyrun....swood/642208679

Cool!

M

Edited by markc, 02 August 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#24 Pelagie

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

View Postsjnathan, on Aug 2 2008, 04:56 PM, said:

Do you want me to go and do a drive in Kings Park and measure a couple of five and ten k runs?

sj

Here is my effort on Kings Park from Mapmyrun, not sure how accurate it is!
http://www.mapmyrun....th/427801993289 :p

#25 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

SB I am thinking that Kings Park might not be easy for you to get to then? What about the foreshore near UWA? Or can I highly recommend Cottesloe Beach :p
I'm happy with wherever.
SJ

#26 SouthAustralian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Great to hear that youre organising this :p
We had our 2nd SA CR 5k Challenge this morning....it was terrific. All power to you ....have fun
Frank in SA

#27 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

Looking at this thread, I reckon we have enough courses to have a few of these things now.

Just one suggestion, perhaps the first course we do needs to be simple so we can work out how we are going to run this?  i.e if we know the course layout is easy less stress on that and more energy to work out the details about starts etc?

Just a thought is all!

When are we looking at doing this? After city2surf?

Frank - You should come over here for one of them ;-) The SA raider!

M

#28 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

View PostPelagie, on Aug 2 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Here is my effort on Kings Park from Mapmyrun, not sure how accurate it is!
http://www.mapmyrun....th/427801993289 :)

Not a bad effort at all! Tho thinking about the run today... well I'm feeling that perhaps something mostly flat would be preferable.
KP is gorgeous but the hills aren't so friendly... doable but not friendly!

I dont mind the R4G option either... but with that and Pelagie's KP I dunno where the food is!

Sorry SJ... Cott is kinda far away (well, from me and I'm a selfish bugger)! I'm sure it's beautiful tho (to run... I've been to the beach and it was nice!)... I dont think the SORs would be too impressed! Lol!

This should be fun :p

Edited by StellaBella, 02 August 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#29 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

what? Cott too far away?? But it's the centre of the earth.....
Seriously, I'm mobile and pretty happy with anywhere as long as there is a coffee at the end of it.
SJ

#30 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 2 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

Looking at this thread, I reckon we have enough courses to have a few of these things now.

Just one suggestion, perhaps the first course we do needs to be simple so we can work out how we are going to run this?  i.e if we know the course layout is easy less stress on that and more energy to work out the details about starts etc?

Just a thought is all!

When are we looking at doing this? After city2surf?

Frank - You should come over here for one of them ;-) The SA raider!

M

Lol I really dont think you read my first posts! The first saturday of each month starting in September is the proposal.

I think you're right about making the first one simple... I think the first one I posted might be the best op for this... start at Mends St/Sth Perth Jetty (or whatever it's called) and go 2.5km out and back... then walk up to one of the Cafe's...

I was actually thinking Dome might be an idea but I dont think you can prebook... I like them coz you pay separately when you order and last time we tried to bill split it got into a mess!

#31 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Aug 2 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Lol I really dont think you read my first posts! The first saturday of each month starting in September is the proposal.

I think you're right about making the first one simple... I think the first one I posted might be the best op for this... start at Mends St/Sth Perth Jetty (or whatever it's called) and go 2.5km out and back... then walk up to one of the Cafe's...

I was actually thinking Dome might be an idea but I dont think you can prebook... I like them coz you pay separately when you order and last time we tried to bill split it got into a mess!
Yep.. I reckon the south perth one would be easy.. and you're right, I didn't read it  :p Oops!

How do we run it?  Is it staggered starts?  Whats the aim? I'm inquisitive ;-) Staggered starts so we all finish about the same time?

How exciting!

#32 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 2 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

Yep.. I reckon the south perth one would be easy.. and you're right, I didn't read it  :p Oops!

How do we run it?  Is it staggered starts?  Whats the aim? I'm inquisitive ;-) Staggered starts so we all finish about the same time?

How exciting!

You crack me up hun... it's all in here: http://www.coolrunni...y_5km_Challenge  which is the link in my OP...

But yes staggered starts based on what time you believe you'll do it in... person whose time is quickest will count it down... aim is for everyone to finish at the same time!

#33 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Aug 2 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

You crack me up hun... it's all in here: http://www.coolrunni...y_5km_Challenge  which is the link in my OP...

But yes staggered starts based on what time you believe you'll do it in... person whose time is quickest will count it down... aim is for everyone to finish at the same time!

Oh cool.. sounds interesting.  How many takers have we got so far?

Sounds like the SA mob had a good one this morning.  It appears Colsy got his arse felt up.

#34 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 2 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

Oh cool.. sounds interesting.  How many takers have we got so far?

Sounds like the SA mob had a good one this morning.  It appears Colsy got his arse felt up.

Well so far it will be the ppl who have responded to the thread but once it's more concrete I will PM anyone I can think of that's in Perth and let them know.

#35 Colsy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

It will be great once you guys kick this off, I'd like to trawl though this thread to find that out but its too confusing. Just as ours was when we were trying to sort it out.
Our motto then was "If you build it, they will come".
And strike me pink if I didnt see Ray Liotta walking around in the mist this morning.

#36 sunny1

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

View PostColsy, on Aug 2 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

And strike me pink if I didnt see Ray Liotta walking around in the mist this morning.

Funny, I swear I saw Kevin Costner!

Guys, have a great time when you do yours! Once again we had a ball, and we are getting better and better at organising it!

#37 slowjogger

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

If we are looking for somewhere easy to get to by public transport, how about this one?

http://www.mapmyrun....cross/691312790

I checked the Raffles web site, and they are open from 8am on weekends (do breakfasts too!), and it is right near the Canning Bridge train station. It is out and back, if we go to Applecross Jetty, it is 5.42kms, or we could turn around earlier.

I have a car tho, so am easy wherever!  I will be the first starter.   :p

#38 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

View PostColsy, on Aug 2 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

It will be great once you guys kick this off, I'd like to trawl though this thread to find that out but its too confusing. Just as ours was when we were trying to sort it out.

View Postsunny1, on Aug 2 2008, 09:52 PM, said:

Funny, I swear I saw Kevin Costner!

Guys, have a great time when you do yours! Once again we had a ball, and we are getting better and better at organising it!
It was probably just Lleyton Hewitt back home feeling sorry for himself. :p

#39 mjail

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 2 2008, 04:49 PM, said:

Edit: And toilets at start and finish lines. ;-)

Another option following from markc's is my usual running route which starts from the cafe (makcs finishing point) and goes down towards Canning Highway where I turn back just before the rowing clubhouse. Then run back the same track passing the cafe and going to the end, turning back just before the Mt Henry carpark. Then run back to the cafe start point. That is about 5.5km
The good thing is the start and end points are the same.

#40 Pelagie

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

After looking at it again I agree with Stella, for the 1st one we should keep it flat and simple and the South Perth option fits the criteria :p

Slowjogger I think I will be with you in the first starters, 5k is not my favorite distance :)

#41 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

View PostPelagie, on Aug 3 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

After looking at it again I agree with Stella, for the 1st one we should keep it flat and simple and the South Perth option fits the criteria :p

Slowjogger I think I will be with you in the first starters, 5k is not my favorite distance :)

Can I be a b*tch and make an executive decision?

For the very first run... Set for Saturday the 6th of September... we will go with my first option (http://www.mapmyrun.... perth/30843955 )... it's simple, flat, centrally located and requires less f**king around (excuse my French).

That does not mean to say this will be the route every month... we  could do a different course each time if we wanted too!

I'll even make some km markers... 1km, 2km & 2.5km

Edited by StellaBella, 03 August 2008 - 08:03 PM.

#42 markc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostStellaBella, on Aug 3 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

Can I be a b*tch and make an executive decision?

For the very first run... Set for Saturday the 6th of September... we will go with my first option... it's simple, flat, centrally located and requires less f**king around (excuse my French).

That does not mean to say this will be the route every month... we  could do a different course each time if we wanted too!

I'll even make some km markers... 1km, 2km & 2.5km
Sounds good.  Who starts it?

#43 sook54

channelling my inner athlete

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

Regarding brekky arrangements, in Sydney we have a tradition of collecting cash from people, who always put in too much, a trustworthy volunteer (in our case, Tiger Angel) keeps the change and at the end of the year we spend it all, meaning you get an (almost) free brekky. Not sure I've explained this very well...

#44 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

Well done Stella!
I wouldn't bother with the markers if I were you unless you especially want them.
Looks like the WA CR's are away! woohoo!
Now is time to begin the roll call. its a long way off still but no harm getting warmed up early.

#45 serena

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Well done Stella!
I wouldn't bother with the markers if I were you unless you especially want them.
Looks like the WA CR's are away! woohoo!
Now is time to begin the roll call. its a long way off still but no harm getting warmed up early.

#46 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

View Postmarkc, on Aug 3 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

Sounds good.  Who starts it?

basically we'll be looking for an 8.30am finish... whoever's estimate of their finish time is the longest will go first.
Eg if someone thinks they'll take 40mins they'd need to start at 7.50am, someone who thinks they'll take 30mins will leave at 8am etc which is why the person who believes they will be fastest (could be you actually) gets to count down.

We could change the desired arrival time to 8.45am just so we don't need to get there too early... The big thing with these is the clock waits for no one! If you're late and miss your "start time" you just go!

#47 rubberchicken

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

Well September 6 looks doable for me so far. Would be keen to give this a go. Hopefully I will have met a few of you by then ( C2S ) but either way keep me informed if there is room for one more ( no gatecrash  :p )

#48 sunny1

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Just a note to all of you who are not 5km fans ... 5km is a good distance to do and then have breakfast, coffee together afterwards. You will find that you are not too discracefully sweaty to sit in a coffee shop. Not that coffee shops seem to mind. They seem to have become the gathering place of lycra clad, cleat wearing, or runner wearing groups of people on the weekend!

As StayPuff showed us - you can always to a good hard 5km, and then your serious distance run (she did it straight after 'coffee/breakfast'!!) - clocking yourself a very nice achievement for a Saturday morning.

#49 StellaBella

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

View Postrubberchicken, on Aug 3 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Well September 6 looks doable for me so far. Would be keen to give this a go. Hopefully I will have met a few of you by then ( C2S ) but either way keep me informed if there is room for one more ( no gatecrash  :p )

Silly chicken... there's room for everyone! If you see a CR come and say hello :)

#50 Pelagie

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Again, well done Stella!  I was thinking that maybe you might need to have only one marker, at the 2.5k turn-around point - just an idea!

I don't like running 5k but now I am actually looking forward to doing it in this format, should be fun :p