1 reply to this topic

#1 BEFORE40

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

Looking for some advice after trawling through the web and forums.
Ive never had a HRM before and thought i would splash out and buy one. Reason is I've introduced some intense interval training and have noticed Im a little quick off the mark now with my long runs causing early fatigue...I wanted to track my HR ensuring a longer "warm up" phase for the long runs and just see how hard i am working during the intervals, and also be able to track my heart rate on the move. Can anyone please advise regarding the above models? is it personal preference? is one more reliable than the other? they are all retailing at much the same price.
Cheers
Nick.
:good:

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 BenWisbey

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

Nick,

Always a tough decision when embarking on your first HR monitor/training computer.

If you want to use HR then I would strongly recommend Polar or Suunto as your best options. The quality and accuracy of a lot of other HR monitors is sometimes questionable.

I have had a lot of experience with both Polar and Suunto and while I haven't used the new T3c, based on the function of the T3 I would recommend the Polar RS200if your may goal is running. While the T3 is versatile and a good unit, it is also set up for 'fitness' training so competes more with the Polar FT range. The RS range is running focused and the RS200is a great value unit for running.

Also, not sure of the details of the T3c but the Wearlink transmitter with the RS200 is far more comfortable than the transmitter that came with the T3.

We sell Polar, but also used to sell Suunto. We moved away from because Polar offered a greater quality product.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ben