3 replies to this topic

#1 RobHall

Letting go.......

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

The bike riders all do it but does anyone know if anyone has ever bothered to run around port philip bay?  And what route do they use to do it?

Does anyone want to do it?  Bit boring scenery wise but I've been thinking about it.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 Guest_staypuff_*

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

i contemplated doing portsea to port melbourne once it was a fleeting thought :good:

#3 RMC

all day and night that's a long run..

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Rob.
Not sure if anyone has done the full loop (maybe 180-190k?) but certainly I remember reading about a few who did the Portsea to Melb leg in training in the 80's. 55k from Portsea to Frankston (April F2P race in reverse) and another 42k from Frankston to Melb (old Marathon course), so 97k for that leg. I'd imagine the biggest problem these days would be the traffic, unless you use back roads which would add quite a bit to the distance.

Now to make it more interesting you could run over Arthurs Seat (on the east side) and run over You Yangs (on the west side) and just to make it right do a few laps of the ferry while it crosses to Sorrento.  :good:

#4 RobHall

Letting go.......

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

RMC I'll try it the way that is majority downhill :good:  No need to make a run more difficult than it has to be.

Martin (HappyHuman4) is going to give it a shot in February (7th) so I wait here for more details regarding their perilous adventure.

(Thanks Baz777 for the heads up)