Jump to content


Bunyaville Trail Runners - BrisbaneRuns: Raven Reserve, IronBark Gully, Camp Mnt, Bellbird Grove areas

queensland trail offroad

  • You cannot reply to this topic
524 replies to this topic

#1 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Bunyaville Trail Runners - BTR's - Brisbane Runs: Raven Reserve, IronBark Gully, Camp Mnt, Bellbird Grove areas!

Anyone interested in free trail training runs at Bunyaville State Forest on Brisbane's northside?
Dates: Wednesday from 5.30pm & occasional Ironbark Gully to Camp Mountain.

Also now from Raven Reserve West Chermside some Monday @ 5.30pm check calendar.
PM if interested or email
bunyavilletrailrunners@hotmail.com
Please check calendar for training runs & times - calendar





A small informal group has been running at Bunyaville each Wednesday afternoon from 5.30pm. A headlamp or torch will be needed. Anyone want to join us to get some night running in. Good chance to test out your headlamp before race day. The run will be about 45mins to an hour whatever we decide on the night. It will be an easy paced run & will stick together so no chance of getting lost. As the run is short, just a water bottle would be required. Meet at entrance carpark at Old Northern Rd Albany Creek. Parking is available outside the entrance as gates close at 5.30pm. Also check out the all ladies group "BUNYA BELLES" - facebook here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1520703268144635/?fref=ts There are no fees, we just run for fun.
Attached File  BUNYA_WED_NIGHT_RUN_3.pdf   444.18K   47 downloads







Please pm me or just turn-up on the day. cheers

Grant

Attached File  Photo_0029.jpg   113.43K   22 downloadsAttached File  Photo_0034.jpg   78.39K   38 downloadsAttached File  pictures_373.jpg   613.86K   31 downloads photo from the TRAQ run 18 April 2010.


Edited by redbackrun, 30 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.


Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

good 55min run with easygoing tonight. trails were not too wet & slippery due to all the rain today in Brisbane. will be running again next 2 Wednesdays at 5.30pm. would be great to have a few more runners come along. i will be happy to make it a fixed weekly run.

cheers
Grant

#3 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hi
Got some issues on the western (home) front.
Aiming for a run on the Wed 05/05/10 if able.

cheers
Keith

#4 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on Apr 26 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

Hi
Got some issues on the western (home) front.
Aiming for a run on the Wed 05/05/10 if able.

cheers
Keith


hi keith,

will be good to catch up again. yep will still be running on the 5th. just turn up on the day. will leave approx 5.30pm for an hour run. hope things ok on the home front. will continue this run after Glasshouse so there will be other opportunities to enjoy a trail night run.

cheers
grant

#5 Digger

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts
  • Joined: 19-July 04
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

These look like great training runs

Too bad I live on the otherside of town, and fighting the traffic will not be worth the effort :(

#6 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

"bump"

last wednesday night run for a couple of weeks - tomorrow. just turn up by 5.30pm.

cheers
grant

#7 easygoin

    CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined: 24-August 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

View Postredbackrun, on May 4 2010, 06:34 PM, said:

"bump"

last wednesday night run for a couple of weeks - tomorrow. just turn up by 5.30pm.

cheers
grant
Yep i will be there again ,look forward to this run the 50 mins to 1 hr we run always goes so quick.

Love running in the dark and not because i'am over weight either,just love the peace and sense of adventure.

cheers coops

#8 MrUniqueName

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Joined: 10-July 08
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Redcliffe

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

View Postredbackrun, on May 4 2010, 06:34 PM, said:

last wednesday night run for a couple of weeks - tomorrow. just turn up by 5.30pm.

Wish I could join you for these! Would be great to come along every now and then, but I don't finish work until 5:30 so it's really not do-able for me.

Good initiative though!

Cheers,

Dave.

#9 yochris77

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Scarborough, QLD

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Not on this week?  I have just got over a head cold and sinus infection and could be persuaded.

#10 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

View Postyochris77, on May 11 2010, 07:33 PM, said:

Not on this week? I have just got over a head cold and sinus infection and could be persuaded.


hi yochris77,

not this week or next week due to Glasshouse Trail Runs this Sunday. Next run planned for Wednesday 26th May.

cheers
rbr

#11 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Driving past the entrance this arv after work I could not resist the temptation.
Drop bears and gully jumpers aside, I went for a run on my lonesome. 1630 ish to 1755 ish.
Wow and awsome. The quite, peace and tranquility.
Easygoin and Redbackrun, you've about 95% got me converted to this trail business.

As I was leaving, a jogger went past, pounding that boring pavement along that busy, busy Old Northern Road.
I felt sorry for her poor unenlightened soul.

Cheers
Keith

#12 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on May 19 2010, 08:30 PM, said:

Driving past the entrance this arv after work I could not resist the temptation.
Drop bears and gully jumpers aside, I went for a run on my lonesome. 1630 ish to 1755 ish.
Wow and awsome. The quite, peace and tranquility.
Easygoin and Redbackrun, you've about 95% got me converted to this trail business.

As I was leaving, a jogger went past, pounding that boring pavement along that busy, busy Old Northern Road.
I felt sorry for her poor unenlightened soul.

Cheers
Keith

good to hear & glad you didn't get lost...lol. will be running again from next wednesday.
can't wait!

cheers
grant

#13 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hahaha.
Had a map.

Didn't find that nice single track that we came back on last time though.

Yes, can't wait for next week either.... (obviously)

Good to see that you had a good GHouse.

Cheers
Keith

#14 easygoin

    CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined: 24-August 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on May 19 2010, 08:59 PM, said:

Hahaha.
Had a map.

Didn't find that nice single track that we came back on last time though.

Yes, can't wait for next week either.... (obviously)

Good to see that you had a good GHouse.

Cheers
Keith
Yep i will be there keen to do an hour so might get there 5.10 and do a 3km loop first but that is not a definite see how work goes .
         cheers coops

#15 fastguts

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined: 08-October 08
  • Sex:Female
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hey RBR

What sort of pace are you guys running on these adventures?

Are you taking your dog?

#16 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

View Postfastguts, on May 25 2010, 03:43 PM, said:

Hey RBR

What sort of pace are you guys running on these adventures?

Are you taking your dog?

hi how are you going fastguts? would be great if you can join us.
being a night time run we only take it easy. safety 1st. also we only go as fast as the slowest runner :Praying: . we run for about 50-1hr max. last run i turned up 2hrs early so i can get my long run/hill work in on the trails. will arrive a bit earlier tomorrow & will be back to old northern entrance carpark by 5.30pm for the group run.

cheers
rbr

p.s. i won't be bringing the dog as he tends to cut across me all the time.

#17 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Should be there and a bit earlier as well.

If not there by 5.30 though, then something else has happened so don't wait.

See you's then
Keith

#18 fastguts

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined: 08-October 08
  • Sex:Female
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

View Postredbackrun, on May 25 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

hi how are you going fastguts? would be great if you can join us.
being a night time run we only take it easy. safety 1st. also we only go as fast as the slowest runner :Praying: . we run for about 50-1hr max. last run i turned up 2hrs early so i can get my long run/hill work in on the trails. will arrive a bit earlier tomorrow & will be back to old northern entrance carpark by 5.30pm for the group run.

cheers
rbr

p.s. i won't be bringing the dog as he tends to cut across me all the time.

Probably won't make it tonight. Am interchange for the Maroons in case Thaiday needs a spell.

#19 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

View Postfastguts, on May 26 2010, 09:28 AM, said:

Probably won't make it tonight. Am interchange for the Maroons in case Thaiday needs a spell.


there's always next wednesday :Praying:
i should be home with my feet up by origin kick-off. GO QLD!!!

#20 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

Thanks ladies and gentlemen for another enjoyable night time run in magical Bunyaville Forest.

Just to create  a starting point for creative thought,
How is “Runya Bunya Runners”.

This even continues the rbr theme of our originator. See post one above.

cheers
Keith

#21 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on May 28 2010, 08:51 AM, said:

Thanks ladies and gentlemen for another enjoyable night time run in magical Bunyaville Forest.

Just to create a starting point for creative thought,
How is "Runya Bunya Runners".

This even continues the rbr theme of our originator. See post one above.

cheers
Keith


'easygoing' started the runs last year. it's good to get a few going for these night runs. we have to wait & see if numbers increase to a stage were getting "named" seems right. there are already a Bunya Breakaways club. could call it bunyaville trail runners (B.T.R's), bunya bandits etc...

everything at the moment just informal but would be all for it to go ahead. Brissie southside have their Sherwood/toohey forest runs etc... maybe the Northside needs a group? as the saying goes "if you build it they will come".  

there is are three races later this year at Bunyaville put on by TRAQ. check their website. anyone who wants to go over that course at a closer date we can. maybe on a sunday arvo. i run at bunyaville most sundays so maybe down the track start a sunday run also?

cheers

#22 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Apologies easygoing.

Just showing my "newbie ism"

cheers
keith

#23 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

did you enjoy the new trails tonight stillgettingthere. i'll try to mix them up a bit, although most trails look the same at night. ;) have a good run Uplift on Monday against the Rattler. after your last weeks TT pb i'm sure another good run is coming your way. easygoing see you next week after you've shaken that flu :rolleyes:
cheers
rbr

#24 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

View Postredbackrun, on Jun 9 2010, 10:33 PM, said:

did you enjoy the new trails tonight stillgettingthere. i'll try to mix them up a bit, although most trails look the same at night. ;) have a good run Uplift on Monday against the Rattler. after your last weeks TT pb i'm sure another good run is coming your way. easygoing see you next week after you've shaken that flu :rolleyes:
cheers
rbr

Yes thanks rbr.
Ran all different trails and still saw heaps of others waiting to be explored. As we get more adventurous, the park is able to offer more back.

And yes, good luck to Uplift and the Rattly run.

Get well soon easygoing.

cheers
keith

#25 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

well the rain held off for us tonight but stuck to fire trails & no single technical ones. glad you could join us ''yochris77''. thanks for finding those puddles for us :rolleyes: . how did the mapmyrun go. i think about 8-8.5k run tonight?

cheers
rbr

#26 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Yeah.
He's walking around here now going squish, squish.
cheers
keith

#27 yochris77

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Scarborough, QLD

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

Yeah thanks guys.

If anyone else is thinking of coming along, make sure you bring your sunscreen if you are going to run in front of RBR!

Here's the Mapmyrun link

Hope to see you next week!

#28 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

7.2k's mmm.... maybe we'll throw a few side tracks in next week.

Edited by redbackrun, 24 June 2010 - 10:13 PM.


#29 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

View Postredbackrun, on Jun 24 2010, 11:13 PM, said:

7.2k's mmm.... maybe we'll throw a few side tracks in next week.
What?
Side tracks as in the other side of Jinker track?

#30 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on Jun 24 2010, 10:27 PM, said:

What?
Side tracks as in the other side of Jinker track?


maybe?

#31 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Another night and the rain stayed away for us.
Great run on mostly different trails and then up onto the Jinker track for some variety.
Bit of fun trying to find the track back but hey.... thats more runnin' time.
Thanks much rbr.

Hope those shin splints aren't too aggro vated in the 'morrow.

cheers
keith

#32 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

just a heads up. we are still running tonight & next Wednesday night even though Glasshouse is on this Saturday. looks like no rain for tonight for a change :)
cheers
rbr

#33 yochris77

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Scarborough, QLD

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

No puddle jumping for me tonight :)  I remembereed all of useless bits and pieces and forgot my damn shoes!

....next week.

Hope you had a good night.

#34 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

View Postyochris77, on Jul 21 2010, 05:10 PM, said:

No puddle jumping for me tonight :) I remembereed all of useless bits and pieces and forgot my damn shoes!

....next week.

Hope you had a good night.


you could of went barefoot. :D actually i tried aqua shoes last summer. the trails were a bit rough on the feet. stillgettingthere got your message. we did about 1hr 10m run tonight. showed uplift track 4 & over to the jinkers track. no rain tonight. was a nice run tonight.

cheers
rbr

#35 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hey rbr

In case you miss the birthday post....

Happy birthday to ya.  :)
See ya Wednesday.

cheers
keith


Edited to fix party hat guy.

Edited by StillGettinThere, 24 July 2010 - 09:26 AM.


#36 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

View PostStillGettinThere, on Jul 24 2010, 09:22 AM, said:

Hey rbr

In case you miss the birthday post....

Happy birthday to ya. :)
See ya Wednesday.

cheers
keith


Edited to fix party hat guy.


thanks Keith,
another year older, another year wiser? :D i might go for a run to celebrate
cheers
rbr

#37 easygoin

    CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined: 24-August 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

View Postredbackrun, on Jul 24 2010, 11:11 AM, said:

thanks Keith,
another year older, another year wiser? :) i might go for a run to celebrate
cheers
rbr
Yeh happy bday for today hope you had a good day might see u wed at the start as i have committee meeting at the bunya sports at 6pm so depending on work i might run early and and see at 5.30 for aquick catch up,and then duck off to the meeting.

cheers Grant

#38 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

View Posteasygoin, on Jul 24 2010, 07:50 PM, said:

Yeh happy bday for today hope you had a good day might see u wed at the start as i have committee meeting at the bunya sports at 6pm so depending on work i might run early and and see at 5.30 for aquick catch up,and then duck off to the meeting.

cheers Grant


cheers Grant,

i see you & uplift had a close race today. nice time too.

is it the traq agm or monthly meeting?  

thanks rbr

#39 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

If anybody has much faith in the BOM site we all might get to test the waterproofness of our lights this wednesday.

cheers
keith

#40 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

it's not looking good = fun

#41 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

View PostStillGettinThere, on Jul 26 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

If anybody has much faith in the BOM site we all might get to test the waterproofness of our lights this wednesday.

cheers
keith


"mud glorious mud" well it looked like when we started our run that it won't rain. so i left my spray jacket in the car. 15 mins in it started pouring rain. coming back down #4 Creek Track with running water on the track was great fun. Track #2 The Nutcracker was a demanding single winding track in the conditions. 1hr 20min run tonight + with SGT & i doing 6km before made it my longest run since Cooks Tour. a very enjoyable run.
cheers
rbr

#42 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

View Postredbackrun, on Jul 28 2010, 09:54 PM, said:

"mud glorious mud" well it looked like when we started our run that it won't rain. so i left my spray jacket in the car. 15 mins in it started pouring rain. coming back down #4 Creek Track with running water on the track was great fun. Track #2 The Nutcracker was a demanding single winding track in the conditions. 1hr 20min run tonight + with SGT & i doing 6km before made it my longest run since Cooks Tour. a very enjoyable run.
cheers
rbr

What a crap day and then such a magical ending...

Work started out under pressure then I accidently cut a great piece out the side of my finger.
Trying to stem the flow of blood, I continued working only to hit myself in the nose with pliers.

So there I am now with bleeding finger and bleeding nose and my phone rings...
“Dad, help. I'm in trouble...”
Could it get any worse.

Charged off to help my son. Last thing I felt like was running at the end of the day.

But I did.

Ran and ran. Fought the rapids on the CREEK track, swam the croc infested lakes (puddles) and ran.

What an great ending to a crap day.
Bring on the rain next wednesday.

Thanks rbr and uplift.

Cheers
keith

#43 yochris77

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Scarborough, QLD

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

I went for run out there yesterday (Friday) afternoon.  Nice way to finish the week.  I tried to record the track I ran with a new app on the iphone.  When I get some time I will try to edit it and upload.

I started from the entrance carpark, along the track that follows next to Old Northern Road to the North around to the water resevoir and continued until I got to Jinker Track.  Puffed,panted and walked for a bit, then ran along JT to the power lines and ran under the powerlines up to the Ring Road.  Then along the dam road back up to JT, along JT to #4.  #4 is a windy single track - loved it.  Followed it all the way to Bunker Rd, then along Bunker Rd to just before the dam.  Somewhere there is a track off to the left, which must be just under JT.  At the entrance to the track I think it was marked with the no motobike and no horses signs.  It becomes damp and almost rainforest'y - smells great.  Lots of Whip Birds, Currawongs, Magpies, Kookaburra's, some nice flowering trees.  This track does not seem to be on the mtbdirt.com.au or the DERM maps, but I am going to do this track again.  After a little way it opens up and after a short climb you end up back on the Ring Rd.

From the Ring Rd, I went past the education centre and came out at the carpark where we started the Camp Mtn run.  Ran back to the entrance car park - all up about 1hr.

Hopefully see you Wednesday night with a new headlamp!

#44 yochris77

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Scarborough, QLD

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

It's here!  Finally ..... It's here.  Got my new headlamp tonight which I think the same as RBR's.  Bring your sunscreen guys!!  The kids grabbed it and performed a quality check before I even knew what was happening.  The sounds it made, I thought I would have to wait another 2 weeks to get another one.

I might come for a run this week as long as it's not raining, not dark , not hilly.....

Edited by yochris77, 02 August 2010 - 08:51 PM.


#45 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

View Postyochris77, on Aug 2 2010, 08:49 PM, said:

It's here! Finally ..... It's here. Got my new headlamp tonight which I think the same as RBR's. Bring your sunscreen guys!! The kids grabbed it and performed a quality check before I even knew what was happening. The sounds it made, I thought I would have to wait another 2 weeks to get another one.

I might come for a run this week as long as it's not raining, not dark , not hilly.....


headlamps are for big kids only :) got 5 runs out of the batteries. still bright but dimming a bit. new batteries for wed night. i've got a new 7w on order. this will be my last one. i've got too many now.

Chris once you run through Bunyaville a few times it doesn't take long to get your bearings & can ditch the map. c u soon

cheers
rbr

#46 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

there's a hazard reduction burn today close by at Raven reserve at Chermside West. may not impede the run tonight. looks like smoke is heading north east.

an interesting map with the main tracks 1-7 distance.
Attached File  bunyaville_cp_map.pdf   115.02K   13 downloads

Track 1: 1.4 km

Track 2: 1.36 km

Track 3: 1.32 km

Track 4: 980 m

Track 5: 545 m

Track 6: 790 m

Track 7: 820 m

track 8 is 458 m

edit to add map & update track #8 distance


Edited by redbackrun, 10 August 2010 - 11:43 AM.


#47 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

hi everyone,

i'm looking at starting early 7am Saturday morning informal trail runs at Bunyaville on August 21st. i know mid-week night trail runs doesn't suit everybody. this gives people a chance to enjoy trail running within a group.

Please check calendar as some Saturdays will clash with local trail races. calendar here

Bunyaville Sat. informal training runs. Meet at the bottom Gully Carpark off Old Northern Rd Albany Creek at 7am. These social runs will be about 1hour long. Anyone who wants to join in a longer run we can keep on running after we have dropped off the 1 hour group. These social runs are free. There are no fees & no membership! We run for fun. All welcomed to join. PM me or email bunyavilletrailrunners@hotmail.com

p.s. TRAQ have a 3 race series at Bunyaville in Oct, Nov & Dec. this is a good chance to get some trail & hill training in.

cheers
Grant

#48 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

Hey Uplift

Hope you have/had a very happy birthday for today.  :D
Enjoy your holiday and your international running.

Also, be careful of the old "you need to eat more" syndrome.   :)

have fun and cheers
keith

#49 StillGettinThere

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined: 21-December 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Lockyer Valley Qld

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

View Postredbackrun, on Aug 12 2010, 12:19 PM, said:

hi everyone,

i'm looking at starting early 7am Saturday morning informal trail runs at Bunyaville on August 21st. i know mid-week night trail runs doesn't suit everybody. this gives people a chance to enjoy trail running within a group.

Please check calendar as some Saturdays will clash with local trail races. calendar here

Bunyaville Sat. informal training runs. Meet at the bottom Gully Carpark off Old Northern Rd Albany Creek at 7am. These social runs will be about 1hour long. Anyone who wants to join in a longer run we can keep on running after we have dropped off the 1 hour group. These social runs are free. There are no fees & no membership! We run for fun. All welcomed to join. PM me or email bunyavilletrailrunners@hotmail.com

p.s. TRAQ have a 3 race series at Bunyaville in Oct, Nov & Dec. this is a good chance to get some trail & hill training in.

cheers
Grant
Been studying the 3k time trial loop that you have measured and mapped.
Should be interesting for an "all out, hurt so good" blast one day soon.

Have fun Saturday. Sorry I can't get to these ones.
cheers
keith

#50 redbackrun

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Joined: 12-March 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

it was good to see four new faces running tonight. i think you all enjoyed the hills :Talking Ear Off: coming across the brown snake added some excitement.

running at Bunyaville from 7am this Saturday. all welcomed.

start at Gully Carpark - map here

cheers
rbr