Jump to content


2010 Melbourne Marathon Youtube VideosAnyone uploaded anything?


  • You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

#1 Grechy

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

There were several people with video cameras on Sunday. Perhaps we can advertise our videos here so everyone can see them.

Here are some of mine:

Footage of all competitors from near the corner of Exhibition and Flinders Streets:   (some CR's featured include Tiger Boy, Digger, Wombat and Mrs Wombat)

Interview with Digger & John Dobson from Saturday:

Interview with Donstop before the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx14ER6vvvY

National Anthem and footage of runners on the start line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwiuHi9QFk

Interviews with my training group before the start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHI_QQH3Ks

Anyone else got any to share?

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 trailblazer777

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Joined: 09-March 05
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Perth, Western Australia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

I think I spotted you there, as we ran past...but I must have been obscured by other runners, and I was going to lose touch with the 3 hr pacer If I ran closer to camera...

Edited by trailblazer777, 12 October 2010 - 09:29 AM.


#3 BIGKEV

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Joined: 08-January 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

View PostGrechy, on Oct 12 2010, 03:22 AM, said:

There were several people with video cameras on Sunday. Perhaps we can advertise our videos here so everyone can see them.

Here are some of mine:

Footage of all competitors from near the corner of Exhibition and Flinders Streets:   (some CR's featured include Tiger Boy, Digger, Wombat and Mrs Wombat)

Interview with Digger & John Dobson from Saturday:

Interview with Donstop before the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx14ER6vvvY

National Anthem and footage of runners on the start line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwiuHi9QFk

Interviews with my training group before the start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHI_QQH3Ks

Anyone else got any to share?


Hi Grechy,

I'm the first white guy in this one  ! ( http://www.facebook....h?v=VRV8Jd6-oKM ) ...they had just caught me...So I got my 1 minute of glory leading the marathon, which was a lot longer than I thought I would. I actually slowed down to let the guys catch me up as I was a tad embarrassed at that stage.!!! ;) It was a great and surreal feeling to lead the race for 600-700metres and I hope my quick start was the reason for the 4 second course record... :D

I am now available for marathons around the world as a 600m start pacer...

keep running (in the glare of the tv cameras) bk

Edited by BIGKEV, 12 October 2010 - 09:27 AM.


#4 DontStop

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Joined: 03-June 08
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:St Kilda, Victoria

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for that Grechy!

Cheers

John

#5 geoffa

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Sex:Don't know
  • Location:swanbourne

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Good work Grechy - I'm not far behind BK - the tosser in the white skins! To the fashion police, I'm sorry, I'll never wear them in public again, until next time anyway.

#6 essaytee

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 01
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Keilor

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks Grechy, I spotted myself in the first video about 1:15 min in.

#7 Grechy

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Glad you are enjoying them. I cant watch them right now because youtube is blocked on our work computers but when I get home I will make sure I spot BigKev and the guy in white skins.

I have taken my camcorder to several running events and made youtube videos. Its a great thing to do if you are not running and I would encourage all of you to give it a go next time you are injured or not running for any reason.

Essaytee was recently kind enough to take many photos of us at the Burnley Half Marathon.

#8 Grechy

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

All the vids I made on the weekend are now available on one page thanks to Digger.

http://www.mymaratho...mvideoshow.html

#9 Kathymac

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 08
  • Sex:Female
  • Location:Kinglake West, VIC

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks Grechy,

Wow! I hadn't realised how much of a stampede it was at the start. You don't get an appreciation of what 5000+ marathon runners looks like from within the pack. You wouldn't want to get in the way of that bunch, that is for sure.

#10 adriann

    CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined: 27-February 10
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

Great Videos, cheers :D

#11 BIGKEV

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Joined: 08-January 09
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Perth, WA, Australia

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

View Postgeoffa, on Oct 12 2010, 09:18 AM, said:

Good work Grechy - I'm not far behind BK - the tosser in the white skins! To the fashion police, I'm sorry, I'll never wear them in public again, until next time anyway.

Please note he is refering to himself in the above statment above..not me !

keep running (but never in white skins!) bk

#12 geoffa

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Sex:Don't know
  • Location:swanbourne

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

View PostKathymac, on Oct 14 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

Thanks Grechy,

Wow! I hadn't realised how much of a stampede it was at the start. You don't get an appreciation of what 5000+ marathon runners looks like from within the pack. You wouldn't want to get in the way of that bunch, that is for sure.


That's why some of us sprinted at the start!

View PostBIGKEV, on Oct 15 2010, 09:04 AM, said:

Please note he is refering to himself in the above statment above..not me !

keep running (but never in white skins!) bk


That's right, sorry I should've made that clear. BK is the tosser in the black skins!

#13 stacytoby

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined: 12-July 10
  • Sex:Female
  • Location:Adelaide, Australia

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

View Postgeoffa, on Oct 12 2010, 11:48 AM, said:

Good work Grechy - I'm not far behind BK - the tosser in the white skins! To the fashion police, I'm sorry, I'll never wear them in public again, until next time anyway.

hehe Geoffa, I did giggle when I saw you in the video! But you did redeem yourself later in the race by being Dr. Marathon :D So did Qantas end up extending courtesies to you for your flight back? I didnt get my exit row back to Adelaide, didnt need it - I slept the whole way :)

#14 geoffa

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Sex:Don't know
  • Location:swanbourne

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

View Poststacytoby, on Oct 17 2010, 08:37 AM, said:

hehe Geoffa, I did giggle when I saw you in the video! But you did redeem yourself later in the race by being Dr. Marathon :D So did Qantas end up extending courtesies to you for your flight back? I didnt get my exit row back to Adelaide, didnt need it - I slept the whole way :)

Qantas - courtesies? No, the only time I had a sleep on the trip home was when they handed out the ice creams, so I missed out! Damn!

#15 Grechy

    veryCoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined: 20-October 07
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Last night on ACA they showed some footage of the start of the Marathon.

Big Kev and Geoffa were featured for a brief moment.

#16 maryclaire

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • Joined: 22-April 08
  • Sex:Female
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

View PostGrechy, on Oct 26 2010, 01:50 PM, said:

Last night on ACA they showed some footage of the start of the Marathon.

Big Kev and Geoffa were featured for a brief moment.


saw myself in there too - cool.

#17 runbarefeet

    Newbie

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined: 09-December 10
  • Location:Melbourne

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

There is now new footage up on u tube for this. Pretty lengthy too

#18 Digger

    1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

  • Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts
  • Joined: 19-July 04
  • Sex:Male
  • Location:Brisbane

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

View Postrunbarefeet, on Dec 8 2010, 10:17 PM, said:

There is now new footage up on u tube for this. Pretty lengthy too


But where?