Running Stores Sydney CBDWhere to buy shoes?

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 therewerenoothernames

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hi All First time blogger, long time reader.
In the past  I would  buy my running shoes on line because they are a hell of a lot cheaper, but the last few times I have had troubles with fit and size and its sooooo hard to try and return a shoe you buy from overseas. I donít mind paying full price for a shoe as long as I get the right service and right shoe.
Can anyone give me some feedback on running store in the Sydney CBD? I only know of a few. Footlocker, rebel sport the athlete foot???
PLZ HELP :)

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 AdventureOllie

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

View Posttherewerenoothernames, on Jan 23 2011, 04:06 PM, said:

Hi All First time blogger, long time reader.
In the past  I would  buy my running shoes on line because they are a hell of a lot cheaper, but the last few times I have had troubles with fit and size and its sooooo hard to try and return a shoe you buy from overseas. I donít mind paying full price for a shoe as long as I get the right service and right shoe.
Can anyone give me some feedback on running store in the Sydney CBD? I only know of a few. Footlocker, rebel sport the athlete foot???
PLZ HELP :)

If youíre after barefoot shoes, check out Adventure Megastore, just on Kent street. In the coming year we will have a whole floor devoted to barefoot and natural running. We carry the largest range of Fivfingers in Australia, some Terra Plana and coming the end of the month the Merrells. We also stock a decent selection of trail running shoes from North Face and Vasque. In the future we will be stocking Innov-8, Salomon and hopefully the New Balance barefoot range.

http://shop.adventur...43/1/shoes.html

We are also working on a new concept site specializing on Natural Running. Called www.NaturalRunningShoes.com.au

The Adventure Megastore Team

#3 PodRunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

CBD

Athletes Foot   The Galleries Victoria

Rebel Performance Sport  Pitt St Mall

at Potts Point (not far) - new The Running Company store

#4 johnnyboyrun

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

go to Podiatrist and they can recommend the right shoe for you. Then go to shoe store try and buy... then get all your shoes online. I get all my shoes (new balance) online and have not had a problem with sizing.

#5 spotcom

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostPodRunner, on 02 March 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

CBD

Athletes Foot   The Galleries Victoria

Rebel Performance Sport  Pitt St Mall

at Potts Point (not far) - new The Running Company store

Is the one at Potts Point open yet?

I went to The Running Company in Bondi - can't recommend it highly enough. They spend time with you, look at your running on a treadmill, and pick the BEST shoe for you (not the most expensive).  I was very happy - bought a new pair a month before doing my first ever marathon. Perfect fit. No blisters at all!

#6 fhorn

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

Not exactly CBD but a 10 minute bus trip from Druitt St on (back of Town Hall)any of the buses starting with a "5" will take you to
Running Science 186 Victoria RdRozelle NSW 2039
They offer an excellent service with physios who put you on a treadmill with video screen and then recommned the right shoe for you.
Not the cheapest but well worth it to get the correct fit/shoe.

#7 RobL

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

View Postspotcom, on 03 March 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

Is the one at Potts Point open yet?

I went to The Running Company in Bondi - can't recommend it highly enough. They spend time with you, look at your running on a treadmill, and pick the BEST shoe for you (not the most expensive).  I was very happy - bought a new pair a month before doing my first ever marathon. Perfect fit. No blisters at all!

+1, The guys at The Running Company know what they're talking about and give solid advice.
Not pushy on the sales which I really appreciate.

#8 RunningCOPottsPoint

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Running Company - Potts Point has been open for over 12 months now!
Located above the Harris farm Markets.
Stocking all the brands and providing digital Gait Analysis and only 500m from Kings Cross Station..
www.therunningcompany.com.au