• You cannot reply to this topic
187 replies to this topic

#1 Christine

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hi Everyone, The Central Coast Half Marathon & 10k Fun Run is on again this year. Sunday, 27th November 2011. This event will start from Memorial Park at The Entrance and will take runners along the beautiful foreshore of Tuggerah Lake from The Entrance to Chittaway Bay and back again. Updates on how the event is progressing will be posted regularly and of course, don't forget to check out our website www.centralcoasthalfmarathon.com for all you need to know, including how to enter. Feel free to add to this thread. I can also be contacted by email at christine@centralcoasthalfmarathon.com if you have any specific issues you wish discussed.  I look forward to chatting with you and also meeting you in November.  Christine - Race Director

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 Kookaburra

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Have already booked my accommodation for this one - can never be too early!

#3 Rainlover

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Have done both runs on a couple of occasions and even managed to pick up some bling. Thoroughly enjoy the event so hope to be there this year too.

#4 Eagle

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

A long long way off but one to keep in mind. A great way to finish the years serious running. An event that has been growing over the last few years. No promises but all being well I will be up there after being missing the last couple of years.

#5 chrisso

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Sounded interesting so googled them to find out more... looks like they forgot to renew their domain name...

Expiration date: 14 Apr 2011 04:49:00

Placeholder site there now

#6 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

View Postchrisso, on 16 April 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

Sounded interesting so googled them to find out more... looks like they forgot to renew their domain name...

Expiration date: 14 Apr 2011 04:49:00

Placeholder site there now

Thanks Chrisso :)

I was counting on no one actually visiting the site today.... which is when we've discovered it's down! After spending 75 mins chatting with the domain provider, their system crashed on me with no resolution - but we should be sorted by tomorrow morning at the latest, come back and visit then!

In the mean time, there's a small amount of new info at Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/cchalf :)

Thanks,
Kristy (inept CC1/2 web geek....)

Edited by charltok, 20 April 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#7 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

View Postcharltok, on 20 April 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Thanks Chrisso :)

I was counting on no one actually visiting the site today.... which is when we've discovered it's down! After spending 75 mins chatting with the domain provider, their system crashed on me with no resolution - but we should be sorted by tomorrow morning at the latest, come back and visit then!

In the mean time, there's a small amount of new info at Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/cchalf :)

Thanks,
Kristy (inept CC1/2 web geek....)

Ok team! The site is back up :)

www.centralcoasthalfmarathon.com

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kristy

Edited by charltok, 20 April 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#8 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hi all,

We've just posted a bunch of photos from last years event on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/cchalf). Feel free to tag yourself in them!!

Thanks,
Kristy

#9 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Entries are now open!!!

It's important to note that in 2011, we're only accepting online entries, and no late entries will be accepted. Entries must be in by midnight on Thursday 24th November 2011.

Go to http://centralcoasth...athon.com/entry

Let us know if you have any questions :)

Kristy

#10 Kookaburra

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Have entered again for this event.  Great location, great run.

#11 Isthisnametaken

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Good value at $45 for the HM. Ran it last year with a injured achillies. Hoping to crack the sub 100min mark (finally????)in this years event. Well run and a very flat course.

#12 Davo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

My father lives at Budgewoi and I visited him last week, and took the opportunity to run part of the course. Looks good. My only worry is that it is a public footpath and we could be stymied by people walking four abreast with their dogs. I've had that happen to me on other races. But admittedly it's a remote chance and I'm looking forward to coming to represent Tasmania in this one.

#13 slowlybutsurely

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Just entered into the half marathon for this event! Looking forward to it! My second half marathon after giving the Lake Macquarie half a go! Looking at going much stronger in this one as had jelly legs early on at Lake Mac due to a massive netball semi final the day prior! Sounds like a great event!

Really like that the half starts 40 mins or so prior to the 10.5 km unlike Lake Mac. Lake Mac only had 10 mins in between which added for some congestion and a long wait for those who did the 10.5km and wanted to see us first time half marathoners finish! Lots of people had left! Should be a great day! Smart thinking starting at 7am too so hopefully not to hot!

#14 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

View PostDavo, on 01 September 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

My father lives at Budgewoi and I visited him last week, and took the opportunity to run part of the course. Looks good. My only worry is that it is a public footpath and we could be stymied by people walking four abreast with their dogs. I've had that happen to me on other races. But admittedly it's a remote chance and I'm looking forward to coming to represent Tasmania in this one.

Don't worry about that Davo...hasn't happenned to anyone as far as I know. If you are doing HM, you get a pretty clear run except for returning 9km runners at one point. Running back past HM'ers is ok.

Edited by Colin, 08 September 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#15 SirPlod

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostKookaburra, on 15 April 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Have already booked my accommodation for this one - can never be too early!

Do you know if accommodation fills up quickly or sells out for this one?

#16 Jimboy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Am in for the half,someone has to finish last :blush:

#17 SirPlod

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

View PostJimboy, on 08 September 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Don't get too cocky over there, I'm considering entering...  :Big Grin:

#18 THE KEG

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

So am I .............. :drinks:

#19 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostSirPlod, on 08 September 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

Do you know if accommodation fills up quickly or sells out for this one?

Hi Sir Plod,

There is a fair bit of accomodation around The Entrance and the Central Coast, however it is a high demand time of year, and I know that some people had a bit of trouble finding accomodation actually in The Entrance last year - so probably best to have a look sooner rather than later. Check out www.visitcentralcoast.com.au.

Thanks,
Kristy

#20 SirPlod

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

View Postcharltok, on 08 September 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hi Sir Plod,

There is a fair bit of accomodation around The Entrance and the Central Coast, however it is a high demand time of year, and I know that some people had a bit of trouble finding accomodation actually in The Entrance last year - so probably best to have a look sooner rather than later. Check out www.visitcentralcoast.com.au.

Thanks,
Kristy

Thanks Kristy...

#21 Barefoot

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

I am in for the Half Marathon. Accommodation for the weekend was booked a few months ago.

Great weekend away to finish up the year.

#22 ninjette

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

View PostJimboy, on 08 September 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

You're going to have to try hard to finish last! The first time I ran this I had been off running for months doing IVF, was bloated with artificial hormones, and it was a very warm December day (heading up to 30C), and, despite the fact that I'm a slow runner at the best of times, I still didn't come last! (2nd or 3rd last I believe). Next year I ran it with an Achiles issue that had just struck and was quite a way off last. I'm in again for this year: it will be my first race back after 4 months off with plantar fasciitis & I'm still hoping to avoid last place! Anyway, I'm registered & have accommodation booked so I'm looking forward to this very lovely run.

#23 Jimboy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Well,looks like I will have some competition for the last spot,should be good fun on the day. :D  
How about comparing PW's at the distance?
Mine stands at 2h47m10s in 2008 SMH,last one I ran.
Given my current fitness I should have some chance of doing worse than that and winning the wooden spoon. :rolleyes:
Thank God for those long suffering(long waiting)race officials. :clapping:

#24 SirPlod

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

2:29 was my BEST! Hah!

It was also my worst because I've only done one half.  :Big Grin:

Don't lie, you've been secretly training for 3 years and you're just talking yourself down...  :LOL:

#25 ninjette

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Jimboy, on 09 September 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

How about comparing PW's at the distance?
Mine stands at 2h47m10s in 2008 SMH,last one I ran.

Well, checking the Central Coast Half results from last year, it looks like 2.47 would not even have won you last place: in fact only 4th last.

So you'll have to try harder (less hard?) than that to win the wooden spoon!

And with 2.29, Sir Plod, you would have beaten a good couple of dozen runners!

:)

#26 THE KEG

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

Ran four years ago and came second last.Only half I have run in last 3 years was recently at Mudgee when I ran 2h 53.(however I beat 5 runners home..)Will wait a bit before entering..... :drinks:

#27 sook54

channelling my inner athlete

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Just entered as incentive to get back into some serious training after a few months with only sporadic running. I've loved this event every time I've run it - this year I'm a bit more organised and have booked for two nights (Saturday and Sunday) to make a bit of a weekend of it.

#28 Fred

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

I'll be doing this one again, in my new regime of "run as many half marathons as I can" ;)

#29 Hoary

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

can anyone tell if there is water along the half course as I want to test run the course next weekend?????

#30 YEKRUT

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostHoary, on 15 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

can anyone tell if there is water along the half course as I want to test run the course next weekend?????
Hi. My memory from a couple of test runs last year is that there are a couple of toilet blocks & picnic areas up to about the 5km mark (10k race turn point) & I don't think there is anything after that. I'm pretty sure I used a waist bottle.
Hope this is some help.

Cheers

Graham

#31 Hoary

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

View PostYEKRUT, on 15 September 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi. My memory from a couple of test runs last year is that there are a couple of toilet blocks & picnic areas up to about the 5km mark (10k race turn point) & I don't think there is anything after that. I'm pretty sure I used a waist bottle.
Hope this is some help.

Cheers

Graham
thanks Graham...this is my first crack at a half....so i better look at the course I'm thinking!!! probably just stash a small bottle in my pocket & refill in small amounts along the way so its not too heavy.

#32 YEKRUT

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

This was my first half last year - you've chosen a great one as a starter - good luck. I hope to be doing it again this year if I recover from my fractured wrist in time & can get enough training miles in.
A further suggestion, if your planning to refil a small bottle, is there are toilet blocks (if my memorys right) at about 16km & 18km on the way back. You'll pass them on the way out. The only real hill to speak of is not long after the 18km toilet block so if you can get to 16km using the water you start with you can refil there, rehydrate & refil again at 18km. That should get you back.
Hope to be there with you on the day.
Cheers

Graham

#33 Hoary

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

thanks for help Graham...I'm a new runner at 52 yrs of age. This time last year I weighed 91 kgs & spend my life on a barstool. Now Im 67 kgs & as fit as a Mallee Bull..... furtherest Ive ran is C2S & a few 10km races...best time 54.57.... so Im hoping for a sub 2hr half on the 27th Nov but will be happy to just get around injury free & in one piece mate.....  this running is more fun that 10 schooners !!!!

#34 theturtle

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hi all

I ran this last year, and can give it a big thumbs up. Very nice run, great vollies, pretty flat and nice scenery. It wasnt a massive issue on the narrow track, but just something to be mindful of. The big thing I remember was the humidy. For us inland runners, it was a little tricky.

Am thinking of heading up again.

#35 Isthisnametaken

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

View PostHoary, on 15 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

There are plenty of toilet block along the way. I run part of the course on a regular basis. If you start under the bridge there is one at about 500 metres, then in the next 8 ks about another 4. The lake has a fair few picnic and BBQ areas so that is why there are so many. If you don't want to carry a bottle then you should be fine as long as the toilets are open. Only one that I know of has a tap on the external wall.

#36 Hoary

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostIsthisnametaken, on 16 September 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

There are plenty of toilet block along the way. I run part of the course on a regular basis. If you start under the bridge there is one at about 500 metres, then in the next 8 ks about another 4. The lake has a fair few picnic and BBQ areas so that is why there are so many. If you don't want to carry a bottle then you should be fine as long as the toilets are open. Only one that I know of has a tap on the external wall.
ok thanks...I should be right then...you would think the toilet block would be opened on a sat morn....

#37 tonedbutt

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Posttheturtle, on 15 September 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

Hi all

I ran this last year, and can give it a big thumbs up. Very nice run, great vollies, pretty flat and nice scenery. It wasnt a massive issue on the narrow track, but just something to be mindful of. The big thing I remember was the humidy. For us inland runners, it was a little tricky.

Am thinking of heading up again.
I did this one a couple of years ago and it was extremely humid.  Flies were bad too but it is a nice flat scenic course so it was a fair cop I guess.

#38 Isthisnametaken

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostHoary, on 16 September 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

ok thanks...I should be right then...you would think the toilet block would be opened on a sat morn....

I would think so. Not sure what time they open them though

#39 Chon

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Really considering entering this one. I did the Sydney Running Festival last weekend, as one of my 2011 goals was to complete a Half Marathon. Whilst I was running the SRF race, I seriously thought that  that would be it for me, but I must have the HM bug now, as I'm thinking of giving it another shot!  Plus I missed my goal time in the SRF so would be nice to have another shot at that!  Plus by everyone's descriptions, this one sounds like a nice, flat course.

#40 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi all :)

The online registration is temporarily down. We're getting onto it, and will let you know as soon as it's back up!

Thanks,
Kristy

#41 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

View Postcharltok, on 25 September 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Hi all :)

The online registration is temporarily down. We're getting onto it, and will let you know as soon as it's back up!

Thanks,
Kristy

The registration site is back up! All ready to go!!! :)

Kristy

#42 MsMook

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hi,
I could be in for this one.
Just need to work out transport logistics.

Regards
MsMook

#43 TCMB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

I'm in.

Will be my first HM, but I've run the course a few times over the last month and enjoy the view. Great location and only 10min down the road.

#44 Quinkin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

I think I'll run this again. I've enjoyed the run but never really run a time I'm happy with. The humidity of a late spring Half gets to me. Can a cool morning be ordered?

#45 charltok

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

View PostQuinkin, on 25 September 2011 - 04:54 PM, said:

I think I'll run this again. I've enjoyed the run but never really run a time I'm happy with. The humidity of a late spring Half gets to me. Can a cool morning be ordered?

For everyone's sake we'll do our best to keep the humidity down Quinkin!!!!

#46 Davo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

View PostMsMook, on 25 September 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Hi,
I could be in for this one.
Just need to work out transport logistics.

Regards
MsMook

Speaking about transport.......is there anyone living in the Budgewoi area with whom I could get a lift?
Willing to help with petrol.
Davo.

#47 Isthisnametaken

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Christine, I see that the markers on the road have been repainted with floru paint? Run past the half way turn for the 10k yesterday....

#48 sammo72

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Looks like a good CR  turn-out to this half.

How about we catch up for lunch after the run on Sunday at one of the local pubs. Would be nice to finally put faces to names and also a good
way to celebrate 'barefoots' recent 100th australian marathon in sydney.

After my 2 recent disastrous half's, I am hoping that my new training program gets me back under the magical 2 hour mark. Although I did run 2 hours and 2 seconds here last year.

#49 Quinkin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

View Postcharltok, on 26 September 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

For everyone's sake we'll do our best to keep the humidity down Quinkin!!!!

Cheers Christine, maybe third time lucky. I'll enjoy the race anyway. I just entered.

#50 Braebrooke

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Sounds like an excuse to get away for the weekend. Really getting this running bug again! Hubby and I will be signing up today :-)