995 replies to this topic

#1 BTONE

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi - spotted this one on the horizon but frankly have never heard of it before. :Thinking:

Has anyone any insider knowledge of route/timings etc?

Cheers

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 johnnyboyrun

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

View PostBTONE, on 23 August 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

Hi - spotted this one on the horizon but frankly have never heard of it before. :Thinking:

Has anyone any insider knowledge of route/timings etc?

Cheers
Spoke with the guy who is putting this race on a few months back. Really nice man and by all accounts looks like its going to be great day

http://www.carcoarcup.com.au/#

#3 icanrunformilesandmiles

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

I'm not sure that this event is actually happening :Waiting:

There is quite a well laid out website but nothing about starting times, for example!

Be interested to hear from the organisers how many entrants they currently have, and are expecting. :sorry:

#4 CarcoarCupDirector

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

View Postjohnnyboyrun, on 23 August 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

Spoke with the guy who is putting this race on a few months back. Really nice man and by all accounts looks like its going to be great day

http://www.carcoarcup.com.au/#

Thank you for your posts and comments. As this is the inaugural running of the Carcoar Cup, we have tried to assist with a YouTube clip of the entire course, and there maps and mapmyrun assessments of the course available on the website. We definitely have a field for the marathon and half marathon already, and great interest in the meet overall. There are many additional activities (Carcoar Cup for Kids, concerts, stalls, etc) that will make this a family occasion, but we have set out to make this a great competition for serious runners, with substantial prize money and good quality fields already. Andrew Baulch, Race Director.

#5 Mudguts

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

This race is shaping up as a ripper. The course is one of the most spectacular you could imagine. The marathon starts and finishes in the quaint village of Carcoar, home to Australia's champion wheelchair athlete Kurt Fearnley. Have a look at the youtube video to get a feel for the course and an idea how professional and well-run this race will be.

#6 PeterPlodder

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Me and a friend have entered, looking forward to an interesting run.

Incidentally, the various bits of info refer to the marathon length being
both 42.2k and 42.5k. I think that should be fixed up.

#7 slowmc

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

Hi there,

A couple of things about this one.Used to live in the area late 90's early 2000's and still have family links up there. A good friend helped put the youtube clip together, and like the Race Director says, have a look at it as it does give a good sense of the course etc.

Re the course itself. I would best describe it as challenging especially towards the end with the run around Mt Macquarie. Also be aware that it is different to running on the flat around Sydney etc re altitude. However, it is spectacular countryside, very beautiful although I would think the runners by the end of the event won't notice it that much, though the spectators will.

This has the potential to be a great event.So I would certainly recommend that CR's have a look at this one.My only concern will be the weather,early Nov it could get very warm or you could cop a cold snap you never know. I would humbly suggest that the RD call in all his local friends and ask then to get down on bended knees and say a prayer to the weather gods for this one. Also re accomodation, you should have a look now as there is not alot locally, ie Carcoar,Lyndhurst, Manduarama,Neville, etc all villages etc. Have a look at Blayney, Bathurst,Cowra etc if you have trouble finding stuff closer. Blayney is just up the road so to speak.

Anyway,I think I've prattled on enough.All the best with everyone's preparations for this one. I hope to get there to run one of the events, work permitting.

Cheers

slowmc

#8 PeterPlodder

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Do we know the start time for the marathon yet? It's going
to get pretty warm - I would hope that the start is no
later than 6am.

#9 BTONE

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

As Peter Plodder says, it's probably going to be hot in Carcoar in November. :girl_devil:

Maybe if the organisers tell us the starting times, we can plan which race we might like to enter??

#10 TurraRunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

I was keen on this but have just noticed the start time for the marathon is 8am!. That makes me nervous after what happened at Sydney.....

#11 philk

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

me & mate keen on the mara, but also concerned about potential for a hot day, although the web site does show averages are fairly low.....Syd mara was a nasty 'surprise' and an unwelcome pw.

small town atmosphere - should be excellent and the course looks fantastic - gotta love the video clip!

#12 Eagle

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

I have entered the marathon and have accommodation in town. My wife will be travelling with me for the weekend which is rare but will be very pleasant.

I will take the weather as it comes. I am not concerned you just adjust what you do on the day to the conditions.

#13 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

I'm heading up to Bathurst tomorrow for a few days so will drive the course before deciding mara or half. Not sure about the inclines.

#14 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Have entered.

Now to get fit. Oh, only three weeks to go. :unsure:

I need to run a marathon however, to get a qualifier for Six Foot, seeing I missed it this year. 4hours 20minutes I think is what is required.

It will still be nice to run a country marathon,friendly people and the Carcoar area is so picturesque.

Should be good no matter what the conditions.

r2w

#15 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostJXT, on 15 October 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

I'm heading up to Bathurst tomorrow for a few days so will drive the course before deciding mara or half. Not sure about the inclines.
have you checked out the course yet JTX?

#16 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostLong Arms, on 18 October 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

have you checked out the course yet JTX?

Yep, drove and ran some of the course on Monday. It's very hilly but pretty. If you find yourself running by yourself, prepare for a quiet old run. Some insects and some cows were my only company. It's a lot more hilly than the M7 course as an example. I think I'm in for the full but I'm targetting a PW, especially if it's hot. I'll be happy with sub-4 where on a flat course I'd be looking for a 3:20 or better. It looks like a tough course. But that's part of the challenge, I can't just pick and choose 'easy' marathons.

Cheers

#17 BTONE

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi JXT - I'm thinking (still) about the half - what does that course look like? :Straight Face:

#18 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

View PostBTONE, on 20 October 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hi JXT - I'm thinking (still) about the half - what does that course look like? :Straight Face:

The half is still hilly but overall gradiant increase is less - in fact I'd say it'd be net downhill. The half uses the second half of the full course and in the full there a big climb from about ht e 31km mark to 37km so from about the 10km-16km in the half. From there the course is downhill to the finish.

#19 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostJXT, on 20 October 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

The half is still hilly but overall gradiant increase is less - in fact I'd say it'd be net downhill. The half uses the second half of the full course and in the full there a big climb from about ht e 31km mark to 37km so from about the 10km-16km in the half. From there the course is downhill to the finish.
thanks JTX. Are there any steep downhills in the second half of the marathon? What percentage is bitumen, dirt and gravel. Are the dirt and gravel sections very rocky?

#20 Mudguts

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

It might be a bit hilly but remember this is a cool climate run and it is one of the most scenic you could hope for so there is plenty of serenity to distract you from the pain. Also, the organisers have stacks of local stalls, entertainment etc so it should be a great atmosphere. Good event to support to make sure it retains its place on the calendar.

#21 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

I need a 4.20 marathon to get a qualifier for Six Foot track marathon. So it is going to be touch and go when I consider the elevation profile here It looks like a real challenge. I am looking forward to the day. I am about 3.30 flat marathon fit, so it will be close.

r2w

#22 Zed

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

View Postphilk, on 15 October 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

me & mate keen on the mara, but also concerned about potential for a hot day, although the web site does show averages are fairly low.....Syd mara was a nasty 'surprise' and an unwelcome pw.

small town atmosphere - should be excellent and the course looks fantastic - gotta love the video clip!

Travel up on Sat arvo? And check out the Lelouch video.

Edited by Zed, 20 October 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#23 icanrunformilesandmiles

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Drove up to Neville and took a mountain bike over the half route on Sunday. First 10km is pretty steady, all bitumen on main roads (presumably closed on the day?).

Second 10km is either very up or very down, on at times a very rough surface. Forget the views here, you will be watching your feet the entire time, or you'll be paying a vist to the St Johns folks to get your cuts and grazes fixed.

If you are attempting this as your first ever half marathon, I'd seriously think again - this will be one challenging event, even for seasoned runners!

Carcoar is really pretty and has a population of about 400 - quite where the organisers are expecting the crowd of 5000 to come from baffles me, but here's hoping....

#24 Eagle

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

This event is being held over the weekend. Looks like lots of activities planned. Looking forward to the marathon on Sunday.

#25 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

I entered the full today and am looking forward to it. What sort of confirmation did others get? I didn't receive anything - no email etc.

Cheers,
JXT

#26 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

View PostJXT, on 31 October 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

I entered the full today and am looking forward to it. What sort of confirmation did others get? I didn't receive anything - no email etc.

Cheers,
JXT

Yes I must admit to be a little worried about the event. Lack of confirmatiom email. Not asking date of birth in the entry.

However, I have received an email from the organiser when I questioned this, and I think has so many things to get ready, that something is bound to fall off the list.

So I think we have an event. I am turning up anyway. Looking forward to a challenging run in the full.

r2w

#27 icanrunformilesandmiles

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hi run2work - have entered the half, but am also a little anxious bout this event :Nail Biting:

Maybe the Race organisers could give us an update on entry numbers?? - Don't really fancy running this on my own :angry2:

#28 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

View Posticanrunformilesandmiles, on 01 November 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hi run2work - have entered the half, but am also a little anxious bout this event :Nail Biting:

Maybe the Race organisers could give us an update on entry numbers?? - Don't really fancy running this on my own :angry2:

I just spoke with the race director (Andrew) and he told me there are approximately 50 entries in the full and 70 in the half. Pretty good turn out for the full for a first time event.

Cheers,
JXT

#29 philk

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Add one more - will enter on Sat, yet to decide 21k or 42k.

Great work by the RD getting this off the ground.

The country atmosphere should be a treat.

#30 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

I got a confirmation email/receipt from paypal.

I spoke to the RD and he also told me there were around 50 entered in the marathon, 70 in the half and plenty in the shorter race, plus relay runners. He was confident of plenty more entering before the start, plus is anticipating thousands in Carcoar for the festival on Sunday.He said there will be two busses taking half marathon runners to Neville

I am travelling there on Saturday arvo with two carloads racing the half. Will stay at Neville. Will drive to Carcoar to drop car off a couple of hours before race and catch bus back to Neville for start.

Looking forward to racing Mrs Long Arms for the third time in 3 months. Should be a hoot

#31 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

RD told me runners are coming form as far as Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney and Alice Springs.

Edited by Long Arms, 02 November 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#32 Bounder

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Anyone know where the results will be posted?

#33 PeterPlodder

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Survived the run, but a bit tougher than I expected. Lots of hills - in fact I don't remember very many flat bits.

The evening before the race I went to the movie night to watch Chariots of Fire. It was a touch sparse, with just two of us in the audience...

Thr marathon started and finished right outside the pub where I was staying, which was very convenient. In a nice country touch the race was started by the crack of a whip.

For me the toughest part was around 30 to 35k. This is where I suffered my biggest slowdown. Okay, that's not very uncommon, but at around 38k I was actually feeling pretty good, the best I had ever felt at that stage of a marathon. Weird.

Finish time was 4:50, certainly slower than intended but given the course it looks about right for me. It certainly felt tougher than the Bush Capital Marathon.

In another slightly odd touch, when I finished they asked me for my time, which they then recorded. It can't be all that common to not have an official timekeeper.

Overall a good event. I'm planning to be back next year.

#34 philk

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

did the 21k while Zedmachine churned out his 7th mara for the year.

great country event, beautiful scenery - lots of quaint touches.

RD was let down by timing crew - hence no official timing at end.

i predict that this race will grow. i'll certainly be back next year, prob full monty.

for me this type of event beats city maras hands down

#35 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Very relaxed country marathon. 3 hours, 39 minutes and 39 seconds. Started slowly and kept some energy for the second half which resulted in a 8 minute negative split. I may have finished about 6th or 7th. Don't know as Robimum and I had to get over to Cowra to watch our daughter play cricket for our region. So missed the presentations.

The day was quite humid, which made things difficult early on, but a cooling breeze made running cooler later on. The course was hilly as mentioned by Peter Plodder, the most challenging from 30 to 36km. The organiztion was pretty good for a first timer arranging his very first running festival.

Good one Andrew, and I encourage you to have another go next year. "If you build it, they will come"

Pros.
Beautiful course, the hills making it different to boring old flat marathons.
Very nice and helpful volunteers. Good country people.
Crack of the whip being the starting 'gun'.
Course route clearly indicated.

Cons.
Lack of toilets for anxious male runners with pre race jitters.
Timing method. I was also asked what my time was at the end. No big deal but could be improved. others may have suggestions.
PA system was a bit crook, but well done for persisting. You could call the runners name as they come around the corner at the end if you had their numbers

All in all top effort and a good one for Carcoar town.

r2w

#36 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

well done RD Andrew on a great first up festival. Everyone I spoke to had a great time at Neville/Carcour. The course was very scenic and the villages of Carcour and Neville have to be two of the prettiest in NSW. The carnival atmosphere at Carcour at the finish line was fun for young and old alike, especially for the kids.

Brilliant runs by marathon winners Alex Matthews and Angela Bateup. For Alex to beat "getting back into form" Tim Cochrane and "in form" Ray Wareum by such a huge margin shows the quality of his run today. His  2.39 on that tough course was a real eye opener.

Mrs Long Arms and I were happy to come away with a "double" first today in the half; something very unlikely to be repeated once the young guns find out about what I believe is the best new race on the NSW running calendar. I will be spreading the word about it. I hope Cool Runners can get out there next year in big numbers. It is the type of race that both trail/mountain runners and pure road runners would love, giving everyone a chance to be competitive.

Edited by Long Arms, 06 November 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#37 Eagle

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

I second what Long Arm says. A great first up event that has great potential.

Congratulations to Andrew and the others involved. Yes there could be some improvements but be made but overall the essentials are there.

I did not see much of Neville other than the loop through it but would add Milthorpe to the list of beautiful scenic towns. I stayed in Carcoar and ate at Milthorpe about 20 minutes away. In between some picturesque rolling green hills with grazing cattle and some sheep.

The course was testing with non stop hills climbing for most of the first 34/35k then a rush of downhills back to the start. The 8.00am start could have been an issue but thankfully on the day there was some cloud cover that increased and so kept things reasonably pleasant. Personally I hand no idea of a time but not long after the start with the significant climbs it was clear it was not going to be comparable to any of the road marathons I have run this year. I finished in about 4.00.25. The time was not really a concern and it was a good solid hit out for GNW next week, No injuries, no niggles and really confirmation I am fit and healthy,

#38 HillsAths1

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

View PostEagle, on 06 November 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

I finished in about 4.00.25. The time was not really a concern

In light of no official timing, perhaps you could have told them you ran 3.59.59!

#39 Eagle

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostHillsAths1, on 07 November 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

In light of no official timing, perhaps you could have told them you ran 3.59.59!

:Shame On You:

Ah !! but I was chasing Bruce Renwick all race and he finished in 4.00.13

It was intersting. I never got in front of him but was often 2 meters behind. On the downhils he was easily draw away in the hills I would get back to him. I knew I was in trouble with the last 5k or so very much down hill but I managed to make ground on him but not quite enough.

Edited by Eagle, 07 November 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#40 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

I agree with the feedback of others and while I suffered I did enjoy the event. A big thanks to the RD and volunteers.

It was my seventh marathon in two years and the first in which I've had to walk as I found the course very tough - especially kays 30-36. I'm in 3:20 flat course shape at the moment but suffered through in 4:07. I had thought I'd go a bit closer to 4 or even a fracture under but it was not to be. Still, beats sitting on the lounge.

I saw one runner tossing his cookies at one point and later suffered some nausea of my own. I've pulled up well, though my stomach is a bit sensitive this morning.

Does anyone know if the big bloke in the blue top (from Blayney) finished? It was his first mara and he was running very hard (I last saw him at 25km) but I never saw him at the end and the timing ladies didn't recall seeing him. Hopefully he didn't blow up?

Cheers,
JXT

#41 danish

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Just signed up to the forums to post my comments on this event...

Completed the half marathon, my 2nd ever, and had an absolute ball. Spent the night in Neville, had a great chat with the eventual female winner while walking around trying to locate the start line and then with her husband after the race. During the run I ended up chatting and pacing with a guy from Bathurst throughout the run who dragged me along with him until we got about 3/4 away up the mountain where I just died. Managed to recover after the final drinks station and power through the last few kms. All volunteers were fantastic, and compared to the sydney stuff I normally enter was a welcome change not to be running with tens of thousands of people and to forgo the annoying pre-race fanfare with some local radio jock demanding people to star jumps, scream etc etc.

Ran a 1:45:35 as well which I was absolutely wrapped with considering my previous best (from the Blackmores earlier in the year) was 2:07

Will definitely be making the trip out every year. Only problem for me was that I had to get out of there by 12pm as it was my Bday so had a party to get back to in Sydney. Would have loved to stick around till the presentation to see where I ended up finishing and just enjoy the fun vibe about the place for the afternoon.

#42 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostEagle, on 07 November 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

:Shame On You:

Ah !! but I was chasing Bruce Renwick all race and he finished in 4.00.13

It was intersting. I never got in front of him but was often 2 meters behind. On the downhils he was easily draw away in the hills I would get back to him. I knew I was in trouble with the last 5k or so very much down hill but I managed to make ground on him but not quite enough.

It is these sort of 'battles' that makes it fun, and it is interesting how some of us run uphill or down better. I am an 'up' man myself which is a little strange for a Dubboite. Downhill running is something I am lousy at.

Speaking of timing, I wonder if Colin will let me use this as a qualifier for Six Foot Track M. :Nail Biting:

r2w

#43 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostJXT, on 07 November 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

I had thought I'd go a bit closer to 4 or even a fracture under but it was not to be.

I am pleased you did not go a fracture under. :Straight Face:
r2w

#44 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

View Postrun2work, on 07 November 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Speaking of timing, I wonder if Colin will let me use this as a qualifier for Six Foot Track M. :Nail Biting:

Sorry, don't understand your question

#45 JXT

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

View Postrun2work, on 07 November 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

I am pleased you did not go a fracture under. :Straight Face:
r2w

Touche. Although I feel a bit fractured now. Not sure if I'm tough enough to do this one again.

#46 Zed

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

Place getters results are up at http://www.carcoarcup.com.au/

#47 Zed

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thanks to Andrew and the team of volunteers, and the people of Blayney Shire (Carcoar and Neville) for a terrific day out.

I agree that this is one worth coming back for and I hope it grows.

On the same day as the NY City marathon, where else in the world would the race director personally come and say g'day to runners waiting at the start? (OK, SMC as well.)

Keep it country!

#48 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostColin, on 07 November 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

Sorry, don't understand your question

Hi Colin,

I missed Six Foot this year and have not done any other races this year until Carcoar, so it has to be my qualifier. I was a bit concerned that the unofficial timing might exclude it as an official qualifier. Wondering if I should head down to the mountains late this month for the trail marathon.

John Robins

#49 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

View Postrun2work, on 08 November 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Hi Colin,

I missed Six Foot this year and have not done any other races this year until Carcoar, so it has to be my qualifier. I was a bit concerned that the unofficial timing might exclude it as an official qualifier. Wondering if I should head down to the mountains late this month for the trail marathon.

John Robins

Oh, ok...if an RD has your result on his website I am not going to query how he did it. As far as I know it was just that the electronic timing wasn't there but they did get times (not sure why they asked runners when a simple stopwatch timekeeper would have done).

Anyway, you will be sweet.

#50 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostColin, on 08 November 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Oh, ok...if an RD has your result on his website I am not going to query how he did it. As far as I know it was just that the electronic timing wasn't there but they did get times (not sure why they asked runners when a simple stopwatch timekeeper would have done).

Anyway, you will be sweet.

Thanks Colin,

Will look forward to entering.

John