With the cancellation of the RW Glenbrook Marathon this summer, and with about 50 6Ft aspirants that intended to qualify there now in limbo, we are proposing the following:
Incorporation of a full SMC Standard Marathon into the next SMC Road Race Series on 15th January.
It will comply with the following conditions:
- Start at 6am. Timing mats will only be set up for the usual 7am, so they will get ‘gun time’ only, plus HM split.
- Drink Stations will be set out by 6:05 to 6:20, rolling out from Elizabeth to Newton, but will be unmanned until the usual 7am start.
- Runners will have to be familiar with course in order to do first lap without marshalling.
- The course will be the current certified HM course, cross mat at finish line and head back out around tree.
- Entry Fee will be $50 and will be ‘online only’ and bibs/tags will be at start line (not canteen).
- Entries will be limited to 6FT entrants and wait-lister, selected SMC regulars and others on application only .
- Cut-off will be at 10:20 ( the 6FT qual time) and the course will be cleared after the last runner, or by latest 10am at Newton Street. Any runner not at the Newton Street drink station (5.5km to go) by 9:50 will miss the cut off.
- Other conditions as imposed by SMC where applicable.
We may not get the kind weather we had this weekend but we believe this will be in the interests of running in general.
I will (with the 6FT hat) email the unqualified by end of today and set up the entry option as soon as possible.
Volunteers at 6am will also be appreciated.
Edited by SMCRoadRaceSeries, 20 December 2011 - 03:55 PM.