88 replies to this topic

#1 buzzlightyear

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Paul Every and I are heading out on 1st April 2012 for a trot on 12FT

We will likely be starting at 6am (day light saving) and aimming to finish around 13 hours later.
It is all self sufficient but we will refuel from the Caves house with whatever the cafe serves that day.

Welcome all to join either one way or the full monty!

No, its not a joke , and I wouldn't take off like my old typical Singapore Slingshot style!

Car share / Pick up available from Lower to Upper North shore.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'd be keen to get a lift but I won't be back in 13 hours and a one-way lift isn't so appealing :)
I think I'll do Hellgate BOTW on 7th April and save 12 foot for the winter.
Have an great run guys!

#3 halfwaydown

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Buzz, Paul,
Would be good to know condition of Cox at crossing when you are out.
Anticipate it should be about waist 2 chest height / wet feet and shins only if you cross on the rocks.
Appreciate your comments.

#4 Jogger

CoolRunner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I thought this thread was an early kick off for August. I am half keen for an August-outing, but not this weekend. sorry.

#5 EverReadyBunny

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Trailpudding and I are planning a jaunt around Blue Labrynth/ solitary/northface (ie up Nellies) back to Woodford. As we start friday evening we could be coming up the stairs nicely on saturday evening. How cool would it be to run into you two.

Oh just realised 1st is a sunday not a saturday. In that case..... we ... should... miss.... you but if we don't be very very kind to us. It means things have gone more horrible than usual.

#6 Paul Every

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

So you are free for 12 Foot on Sunday then, ERB? Posted Image

#7 EverReadyBunny

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

2 runs on the one weekend! I am far too lazy to do that sort of thing.  

Have a great time boys. I just checked weather and it looks perfect. Min 9, Max 22.

#8 buzzlightyear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostJogger, on 29 March 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I thought this thread was an early kick off for August. I am half keen for an August-outing, but not this weekend. sorry.

Funny I did think of that - Until I was reminded It's fatass hence 12FT can be on any weekend. Of course, the Official "Jan Hermann Double " is on the City2 Suf weekend...

I am sure 6FT misses you dearly Kev

#9 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hey Buzz,

Doing some recce work for the new role??Posted Image

#10 Paul Every

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Shared a fun day with Buzz in the mountains yesterday. It was valuable time-on-the-feet for both of us, with each of us having long races in Japan approaching.

It was a pretty cruisy run in many respects, starting well after sunrise, stopping at both watertanks on the way out and on return, photos en route, and buying some lunch at Caves House. We finished in 13:50.

The track was in reasonable condition, although there was a lot of water about, with what are usually minor creek crossings or dry creek beds being wade-through situations. Weather was fine on the way to Jenolan, though the forecast thunderstorms hit soon after we passed Binda Cabins on the return.

The Coxs was armpit deep on the way out, but a few hours of rain brought it to chin deep for the return. We could just touch the bottom midstream and we did drift downstream a little as we crossed. The level would have been fine for race day with the added security of a rope, though I couldn't imagine the race being staged with much higher water.

Plenty of wildlife out there. I have never seen so many Eastern Grey Roos and Red-necked Wallabies while running the track. We startled a couple of lyrebirds at one stage, returned an errant Eastern Snake-necked Turtle to the Coxs, saw a few Cunninghams Skinks on the rocks above Caves House, including a mother with young, and found a Giant Burrowing Frog in Megalong Valley farmland.

I give it 4 stars!

Edited by Paul Every, 03 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#11 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

The regular (dare I say Official) FatAss 12FT will begin at the Explorers Tree at:
       7am Saturday 11th August, 2012

Count me in! :)

#12 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm in (for real this time). Anyone up for 12gate or even 12 botwgate? PS should we start a new 12 ft thread as this was the autumn edition and the real deal is just for the first buds of spring or the dead of winter perhaps.

PS no more whinging by me about a short leg as I've made some new you beaut roman sandles with a raised one for the short one. Itching to try them out on a long run.

#13 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

One thing I can promise you Wadaye is I WON'T be doing 12BOTWGATE.  Once in a lifetime special edition that one.  Planning on doing 12ft though - the sprint option.

#14 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Trailpuddin, 12BOTWGATE is a once in a lifetime special edition that nobody else may ever experience...though I'm such a sucker it wouldn't take much to talk me into it :)
12FT sprint sounds like heaven in comparison. I'm keeping my options open for now, but I'm certainly down for a 12FT of some form.

Wadaye, Let's stick to this thread. Two threads would be confusing.

Edited by RawAussieAthlete, 05 July 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#15 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Go for it RAA - it won't take much to nab the unofficial record so get in while the going is good.

#16 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Trailpuddin you've happily started something here with the 12botwgate and perhaps twice in a year would be a little too much for you but I'm hoping you are feeling like putting it on the calender for next year. (How would you rate it on a comparison with GNW160?). Until then it might be possible to keep the fire alive with a fresh attempt by RAA (RAA are you willing?) and me and anyone else mad enough to try. I imagine the hardest bit would be turning right onto the bouncing off the walls deviation for  a leisurely run to Kanangra Walls. I think this time I'll certainly bring a bivvy bag and a good head torch.

#17 Martin Dugdale

Trailrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

if I manage to get all my ducks in a row then I am  planning on starting at midnight with the objective of getting to caves house by daylight then return via Hellgate. will make a water and food drop on the black range at the trailhead. plan is to finish in 20 hours or less.

#18 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

Go for it RAA - it won't take much to nab the unofficial record so get in while the going is good.
Trailpuddin, "Won't take much" wasn't what I got from your race report :)

keep the [12FT_BOTW_GATE] fire alive with a fresh attempt by RAA (RAA are you willing?)
Wadaye, The mind is willing and the flesh is too, but before I can commit to the date, I need to finalise my flights to the US which should be around 12th-13th Aug.
I figure we should start Thursday or Friday night perhaps by 9 or 10pm. 6FT is easy enough to navigate in the dark, but I'd rather do the return from Kanangra Walls in daylight to avoid having to worry so much about missing sharp turns.

if I manage to get all my ducks in a row
Martin, You may do better with "pretty maids all in a row". They'll provide more motivation than ducks ;)

Edited by RawAussieAthlete, 08 July 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#19 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hahaha - good point RAA - Won't take much to do a better time then us but yes it will take some effort to get there. Wadaye - the GNW160 is a completely different type of challenge.  There is very limited single trail on 12BOTWGate so relatively easy underfoot.  GNW160 have a lot of difficult single trail.  12BOTWGate you are in isolation for long time where GNW you don't get the same wilderness experience.  Apart from the kms and elevation one of our biggest challenges in 12BOTWGate for us was significant sections of the course were unseen to both of us and we were unsure of water availability. Allison is probably the better person to ask about comparison with other runs because she's a lot more experienced than me.  At the time she said it was harder than doing Coast to Kosci unsupported.

#20 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Posttrailpuddin, on 08 July 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Allison is probably the better person to ask ... At the time she said it was harder than doing Coast to Kosci unsupported.

OMG!!!
Now I definitely want to experience it :)

#21 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I like the motivational maids Grant.

Depending on Grant's flight it may be that the 12gaters and the 12botwgate candidates could depart together, though certainly not likely to arrive together, speaking of which I am probably likely to fall a long way behind. Grant was so far in front on Hellgatebotw that I couldn't even see his footprints and I actually started to worry for a while until we bumped into each other on his return journey on the ridge just before Kanangra.

Thanks Trailpuddin for trailblazing this one for us. It certainly is a nice time in the wilderness especially towards Kanangra. Six Foot Track seemed like the autobahn with all the motorbikes and quadbikes and all. I loved the Kanangra waters, it's a great delayed reaction weight loss regime of water + giardia etcetera ... talk about probiotics.

PS I'm certainly bringing a snake bite bandage this time - and I'll be keeping more than an eye out for those two gnarly snakes which got all excited on Hellgatebotw, one by sidewinding and the other by reversing off the path. I was quite impressed. Snake bite management plan - apply bandage, lie down and wait.

#22 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postwadaye, on 08 July 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Snake bite management plan - apply bandage, lie down and wait.

Could be a 12 month wait out there, Wadaye!

#23 Martin Dugdale

Trailrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

i think there is much more chance of finding snakes in winter than motivational maids but you never know your luck

#24 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Iperb probably a good idea too. We had a spot messanger with us. Yes should be a snake free zone in August but you never know. A warmish day, protected sunny spot. It won't be moving anywhere fast. You should be able to outrun it.

#25 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Having to jump a snake which comes into vision right beneath the feet brings to mind the life saving advantages of being as light as possible. Since I'm usually the sweeper I'll keep the IPERB idea in mind especially since they're available for loan for free from the Katoomba police.

#26 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

So it looks like, subject to changes the starting times at explorers tree are
6ft track out and back - Sat 11th @7am
6ft track out and return via Hellgate gorge with Martin - start evening friday 10th approx midnight
6ft track out and return via Hellgate with Bouncing off the Kanangra Walls out and back start (subject to confirmation by RAA) Friday 10th @ 5am start

#27 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Confirmed starting times at explorers tree (in chronological order) are:
- Fri 10th Aug@5am: 12BOTWGATE (182km?) (6ft track out and return via Hellgate Gorge with Bouncing off the Kanangra Walls out and back) (26hrs before 12FT start, 19hrs before 12GATE start)
  Known Starters: Wadaye (Dan), RawAussieAthlete (Grant)
- Sat 11th Aug@12am (midnight): 12GATE (126km?) (6ft track out and return via Hellgate Gorge) with Martin (7 hours before the 12FT start)
  Known Starters: Martin Dugdale
- Sat 11th Aug@7am 12FT (90km): 6 Foot Track out and back
  Known Starters: Trailpuddin

Edited by RawAussieAthlete, 20 July 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#28 wadaye

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Just getting over the flu but still in for the joy ride starting 5am at explorers tree thursday

#29 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

You mean Friday don't you Wadaye? I'm planning an earlier start. I haven't been doing any hill work lately so expecting the trip to take a bit longer than usual.

#30 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Maybe that's Wadaye's flu talking.
I thought we were making for a Friday 5am start.
I think it was a typo, but I can make it for Thu 5am if Wadaye meant what he wrote.
I don't fly to LA until Mon :)

I figure 12BOTWGATE is about 172km sticking to the trail out and back to Kanangra. Do you agree Trailpuddin?

#31 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'd reckon so but I've got a bit of a reputation for underestimating distance.

#32 Martin Dugdale

Trailrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

ducks all over the place, legs still cactus = dns on friday :(

#33 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Martin.
You'll have to settle for the crazy tales we'll post of our experiences :)

#34 EverReadyBunny

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Here it is. Another 12 foot track and somehow I was able to snare a late entry.

It's going to be fun, it's going to be great, it's going to be ... well FREEZING.

Can hardly wait.

#35 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wadaye and I got an early bird entry....which meant we started 1 day early.
It snowed the night before at Black Range!

We started at 7am intent on doing 12BOTWGATE.
I was recovering from a bruised heel which I reinjured on a rock coming down Nellies Glenn (in the first km).
I hobbled with a limping run/walk until a couple of km past pluvi before deciding that I needed to turn back while I could still make it.
With a bruised heel and hobbling, my calves were getting super tight and I was experiencing all sorts of niggles, none of which were good.
I headed back to Wadaye who was over an hour behind (after stopping to sunbathe...which beats hobbling any day!).
Coming off the flu, Wadaye was doing it tough and had resolved to walking the rest of the way, so we headed back to the tree together.
I did an 8FT (60km total) and Wadaye did a 6FT (45km total).

The weather was glorious; a perfect sunny day with very little wind.
Coming back from the Cox's in daylight was a new experience for me. It's much more scenic than in the dark!
We were only in the dark for the last 90 mins, finishing at 7:40pm, a total of 12 hrs 40 mins.
Not bad for a leisurely hobble through the mountains!

We didn't carry an EPIRB but we did register our outing with Katoomba Police station which worked out well as they gave us an update on the men's 200m and the bathroom facilities were convenient and clean.

I hope everyone's journey today is fondly memorable, and more pleasant than my hobble :)

- Grant

Edited by RawAussieAthlete, 11 August 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#36 trailpuddin

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear about the aborted trip but sounds the smart move.  Our little out and back was good fun and it was lovely to be able to climb into bed at the end of it rather than be out there all night.  Have you set a date for your next attempt?

#37 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'll be in the US for 2 months. Next attempt may not be until Hellgate 2013. We'll see...
Your unofficial record is still on safe ground for a while, trailpuddin :)
I'm glad you had an enjoyable day on the track and back.

#38 joeward739

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Allison Lilley, Kirrily Dear and I completed the 12 Foot Track 2012 in just under 15 hours ... here's my race report ...

I woke up early at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep, somehow my body knew I had a HUGE day ahead of me.

Allison and I drove down together and met up with Kirrily at the start of the 12 Foot Track. It was bitterly cold but we we were ready for an adventure !! :-)

Allison and Kirrily are both much more experienced runners and this was my first 12 Foot Track so I was hoping they would cut me some slack ... WRONG !! ... I was still putting my iPhone back in my bag after taking a photo at Explorers tree, when I looked up they were gone ! ... all I could hear was Kirrily's voice in the distance saying, "Hurry up princess !"

I eventually caught up with my new ultra runner friends and the kms ticked by very quickly. Breathtaking scenery and great companionship were a welcome distraction from some of the tricky parts. It was great to see the way the track changes throughout the day, watching the wallabies laze in the afternoon sun and then the big finale when the stars come out at night, the southern cross above our heads as we crossed the wibbly wobbly bridge at the Cox's River. I had my first snowball fight in Australia and learnt never to look back on the trail in case medusa turns you to stone ha ha !

It was great to see so many animals out on the course. We saw wallabies, joeys, kangaroos, owls, possums and 2 wombats ! ... Some of the larger kangaroos scared the bejesus out of me during the night sections so I'll take some emergency vegemite with me next time just in case ;-)

The run was pretty comfortable until the last 1.5kms climbing up out of Nellie's Glen, wow that climb is ridiculously tough, especially after running 89kms ! ... then at the top Kirrily and Allison forced me to walk straight past the car and brave the biting wind to finish at Explorers tree ... it wasn't the grandest finish but certainly one of the most satisfying

Kirrily and Allison told me that very few runners join them for more than one ultra adventure ... a bit of me can see why, they set a tough pace and there is zero tolerance for hanging around but I have to say, it's only been a couple of days since the run but I am looking forward to the next ultra adventure already, thanks guys ! :-)

Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo

Attached Files

#39 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Nice race report Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo!
I look forward to your next report, because it's clear that you'll be back for more! :)

#40 joeward739

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

thanks Raw Aussie Athlete, I'm gonna have a crack at sub 13 next year, it's such a beautiful trail :-)

#41 greenpointgeckos

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi ,
Was wondering if anyone is doing this run in august 2013.
Would be keen to give it a go.
Cheers GG

#42 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this year as I'll be flying from the UK to the US while you're all out having fun.
Best wishes GG, I'm sure you'll love it.
I'm sure there'll be others to join you.

#43 Kaos

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've got this down for 10 August 2013, is this correct? Somebody going to start a new thread for this year?

#44 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

12FT is always the day before the City2Surf so people can do both :)

The official 12FT start is definitely:        
            7am Saturday 10th August, 2013 at the Explorer's Tree, Katoomba.

This thread has the generic title of "12 Foot Track" so I don't see any need to make a new thread.
I'll be in the UK about to head to the US at that time, so unfortunately I'm going to have to take a year off from 12FT :(

I look forward to reading everyone's race reports for this epic Aussie bush run!

#45 RunMikeyRun

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I am keen to give 12ft another go, last time I had RawAussieAthlete for company as we dragged ourselves up Nellies at a very late hour.  This year I may have a few mates along for a run, although I have sold it on the basis that there is a bus from Jenolan.

#46 Martin Dugdale

Trailrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

after a very disappointing 6ft and a visit to Dr Bob I am about to schedule a visit to a cardio specialist for a stressed echo cardiogram.
if I am then ruled fit, then I will show up. tis now in the lap of the gods

#47 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostMartin Dugdale, on 08 June 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

I am about to schedule a visit to a cardio specialist for a stressed echo cardiogram.
if I am then ruled fit, then I will show up. tis now in the lap of the gods

Sending you healing thoughts from Thailand, Martin!

#48 joeward739

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Went out for a run on the 12 Foot Track on Sunday. My first solo 12FT, training for an attempt at GNW250 in July.

It was wet and muddy out there but still breathtakingly beautiful and the rain gave me a good excuse to catch up on my TED and APM podcasts.

One thing that makes the 6FT stand out from other trails is the amount of wildlife you get to interact with. I saw kangaroos, wallabies, wild pigs, bush turkeys, possums and all manner of birds. The grey kangaroos are HUGE and can be quite intimidating, especially at night when they suddenly hop out of the dark but I will never get tired of running with kangaroos, they are such strong and noble looking creatures. How could anybody want to eat them ??

The first leg was pretty fast, I managed to get to Jenolan Caves House in 6 hrs 20 minutes but a bit of faffing around there stopped me finishing under 14 hours ...

Lessons learned

1) Don't carry so much water back up the hill from Jenolan Caves. Half fill hydrapak and then refill at the campsite.

2) Leave some food at Cox's River Campsite. This is a good drop off point and a great place to stash some food for the return journey.

3) Charge Garmin

4) Charge iPhone and possibly take spare iPod device for podcasts on the return leg

5) The snack bars at Jenolan Caves cafe aren't very good so take some extra muesli bars to stash at the campsites

6) Nellie's Glen has always got more stairs than I remember.

Total time - 14 hours and 12 minutes

Here's the first 84kms before my Garmin died ... http://connect.garmi...ivity/332370628

Two photos attached are the wibbly wobbly bridge (it never gets any easier !!) and the spot at Jenolan Caves where I met my future wife Emma Attached File  1013902_10151713674955915_1954831250_n.jpg   124.36K   25 downloadsAttached File  1003780_10151713675075915_2109200806_n.jpg   91.05K   28 downloads:-)

#49 RawAussieAthlete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

Nice work Joe.
How about "Stash everything but a small water bottle before descending to Jenolan Caves".
If the faffing around had anything to do with your future wife, I think that was a solid investment :)

#50 joeward739

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostRawAussieAthlete, on 26 June 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Nice work Joe.
How about "Stash everything but a small water bottle before descending to Jenolan Caves".
If the faffing around had anything to do with your future wife, I think that was a solid investment :)

Thank you my fellow Ultra Vegan. That is a bloody brilliant idea RawAussieAthlete !! ... I will definitely do this on the next run !!

I think the faffing was more to do with trying to find some decent food from the cafe. I wish they had some muesli bars WITHOUT yoghurt on them !!

Regards to all of the Food N Sport community, see you at GNW100s in November ! :-D