Things that need to be said about the Olympics....Suggestions, Constructive Criticism, and the like.

652 replies to this topic

#1 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just thought a general thread to vent and/or make suggestions for improvement might be useful...  
I'd love to read others letting theirs rip here...

Edited by rohan, 29 July 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

To kick it off.
Just been watching some equestrian 'action'.

Equestrian events....
Can they be replaced by sheep dog trials?  More practical and interesting.

And why must every Equestrian commentator sound poncey?

#3 loubee

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Ha ha Rohan, I was thinking the same about the Equastrian commentators.

I'm wishing I had Foxtel so I don't have to put up with Karl Stefanovic for the next 10 days.

#4 johnnyboyrun

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Channel 9 excessive cross promotions!

#5 mgi11a

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Was trying to watch the womans hockey this arvo, with the camera on the opposite side to the sun on a watered playing field the glare made it extremly hard to watch.

#6 thomo

Left knee serviced. Walking wounded

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I always find it annoying watching the rowing and in the background are the numb numbs riding their bikes along the road next to the course.

If they are coaches or officials it would be a bit hard to see over the far side, unless there are numb numbs on that side to.

#7 frankenstein

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postrohan, on 29 July 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

To kick it off.
Just been watching some equestrian 'action'.

Equestrian events....
Can they be replaced by sheep dog trials?  More practical and interesting.

And why must every Equestrian commentator sound poncey?

My daughter's fiance said (of the dressage) "Anything that you can do while wearing a top hat is not a sport".

#8 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

View Postthomo, on 29 July 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I always find it annoying watching the rowing and in the background are the numb numbs riding their bikes along the road next to the course.
A bike crash in the rowing might add some interest.

#9 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Also on the rowing.  There's singles, and doubles, and quads and eights.  Perhaps they could try 16 in a boat too?

Cycling used to do tandem racing and got rid of it, but they should bring it back to take home some more medals.

#10 Rico

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

I've always wanted them to include an event that would truly decide the greatest athlete: the random decathlon.

It would be 10 events, chosen randomly from all the non-team sports that were part of that games.  The athletes would have no idea what they are until that day.  It might be weight lifting, dressage, marathon, single sculls, rythmic gymnastics, double barrelled skeet shooting, 10m diving, greco-roman wrestling, 4000m pursuit cycling and table tennis.  Or it might be 10 totally different events.

It would reward the true all round athletes with a lot of natural aptitude.

#11 meinmuk

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

So what proportion of your brain do you have to remove to get a job on the Ch 9 commentary team?
Karl has obviously played it safe and gone the whole hog....

#12 Ames43

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

On rowing: what on earth does the cox in the 8s do? All the other boats manage to keep rythym and go straight.

And on swimming: just how many cobwebs do the commentators have to blow out!?

#13 bocko

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hadley's commentry in the swimming is dreadful. He doesn't seem to rate Rebecca Wilson's views and poor Susie O'Neill doesn't seem to be gelling with the other two either.
Always wondered if swimming is the biggest con in sport anyway - the only thing that ever deviates in any event is the time they swim?
Dive in, up a lap, back a lap (repeat this a variable amount of times, depending on the event) and look up at the clock...................

#14 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostRico, on 29 July 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I've always wanted them to include an event that would truly decide the greatest athlete: the random decathlon.
That is pure genius.

View Postbocko, on 29 July 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Always wondered if swimming is the biggest con in sport anyway -
They get to con a lot of medals.... freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, medley, relays etc.  How many ways can you get from one end of a pool to the other?  At least they didn't get dog paddle and noodle races into the 'lympics.

#15 Rossignol

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postjohnnyboyrun, on 29 July 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Channel 9 excessive cross promotions!
I'm guessing channel 9 can only show so many minutes of Olympics. Hours of their live coverage is Karl or Grant talking in a studio.

BBC is pure Olympics. At the moment there are 14 different live streams here. Definitely worth finding a UK proxy.

---

Bring back art! Anyone know where to find copies of poems?
http://en.wikipedia....e_Olympic_Games
http://en.wikipedia....Summer_Olympics

Edited by Rossignol, 30 July 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#16 clanrunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Get rid of the soccer. Unlike other Olympic sports, the best at it aren't competing. Instead it's a nonsense reserve grade competition that doesn't belong. I'm guessing the revenue from the tickets (it gives people who live in other cities a better chance to say they've been to an Olympic event, hence sells well) is the reason it stays in.

#17 run2work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

The same ad over and over....

On Channel Nine, there is the ad featuring the young woman running a loop in the farm paddock (to the commentary of Cathy Freeman winning the 400m at Sydney in her head I imagine), finishing then looking up to see Cathy or a vision of her. No words are exchanged just meaningful looks, but in the heart warming moment you know that the young womans life is changed forever. Quite a good ad the first time or two, but ... now already we are sick of it

So now while our family watch the ad we make up spoken words for Cathy and the young woman;

Young woman, "Excuse me, it is Cathy Freeman isn't, but what are you doing here?"
  or "That's it, no more running, I'm seeing things"
  or "Hey, Dad, there is an intruder on our farm"
  or "She's herrrrre" (reference to movie Poltergeist)

Cathy, "My car is broken down, can I use the phone?"
  or  "Your running style is terrible"
  or  "If you build it, they will come"  (reference to movie "Field Of Dreams)

r2w

#18 cjr

almost a 1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Swimming in general.

They should make track and field like swimming with an equivalent number of medals, ie  have 4 different methods of propulsion for each distance eg run, running backwards, skipping and crawling, then a medley of all of them and various relay combinations.

Then we could have an athlete winning 8 gold medals for the media to fawn over

#19 ChrisMac

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postcjr, on 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Swimming in general.

They should make track and field like swimming with an equivalent number of medals, ie  have 4 different methods of propulsion for each distance eg run, running backwards, skipping and crawling, then a medley of all of them and various relay combinations.

I tend to agree, and whats more, I particularly arc up about sports that have weight categories.  Weightlifting has 15 gold medals on offer for pretty much the identical competence: hoisting a heavy thing over your head.  Compare that to the Triathlon, with only two golds to show for it.  So you get a gold medal for lifting the most weight... for a light guy.  Why end it there?  Gold medal for basketballers under 6 feet tall?  Dare I say it.. Gold for Marathon in the non-East African Category?  The weight categories aren't even consistent.  The martial arts sports have different weight categories.
Equestrian opens a strange door into animal assisted sports.  Losing two competitors because their horses were lame indicates the actual athletes are the horses - otherwise the Games should provide random horses to the humans.  Although wearing a top hat shouldn't preclude a sport from athletic status, as I'm convinced Gebrselassie in his prime could have won the marathon in full length ballgown, heels and tiara.

#20 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

cut out anything with subjectivity or where they compete (or is it perform?) to music. Rhythmic gymnastics, ice dancing and syncronised swimming are very artistic and I enjoy watching them but I cannot see how they are sports. They would be better done in concerts in venues like the Opera House.

Even sports without music but purely require judges to determine the winner are borderline in my book- gymnastics, diving, lots of the equestrian events. I know judges play a fairly big role in most of the fights as well, however it is generally far more obvious who wins in boxing, wrestling, etc.

I enjoy a paddle in a pool, lake, river or down at the beach; however if humans were meant to swim fast they would have gills, flippers, fins, scales and tails.You may argue that if humans were meant to run they would have four legs and look like cheetahs. Humans are in fact one of the fastest animals at long distance running.

Keep the sports with great depth and contests like basketball, athletics, European handball, soccer (but make it 100% open to all ages) and volleyball.

#21 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postcjr, on 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

...umm we have the 'walk' events. (which I would like to comment further on, but....)

#22 halfwaydown

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Beer Mile

#23 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostLong Arms, on 30 July 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

cut out anything with subjectivity or where they compete (or is it perform?) to music. Rhythmic gymnastics..... and syncronised swimming
Or at least make them join the 21st century and allow men to compete.

#24 halfwaydown

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

And I'm not sure why Egg n'Spoon, Sack, Wheelbarrow & Three Legged,  four universally recognised sporting events involving speed, skill and dexterity, events that every child is expected to train and compete for are abandoned in adolescene for 'grown up' sports which dump all the elements of skill and dexterity in favour of just running in a straight line - I mean how difficuly is that! =@

#25 cjr

almost a 1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

cut out anything with subjectivity or where they compete (or is it perform?) to music. Rhythmic gymnastics, ice dancing and syncronised swimming are very artistic and I enjoy watching them but I cannot see how they are sports. They would be better done in concerts in venues like the Opera House..

Agree. What is so special about those anyway - why not ballet and the other 50 types of dance

And the Olympics just haven't been the same since they stopped giving medals for poetry and town planning, not to mention the medal for medals

http://en.wikipedia....rt_competitions

#26 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postrohan, on 30 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

cut out anything with subjectivity or where they compete (or is it perform?) to music. Rhythmic gymnastics..... and syncronised swimming
Or at least make them join the 21st century and allow men to compete.
Glad I am not the only male who wished he could give it a crack. I have been correographing some brilliant streamer tossing routines  then performing them at home with my 2 year old daughter

Edited by Long Arms, 30 July 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#27 OurDogScruff

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I've never heard a time in the swimming, or any event, being commentated as 47 and 6.  For 47.60.  56 and 93.  39 and 34.  And so on.  Perhaps this is some pre decimalisation form of commentary, I'm not sure.

Why have multiple channels and show the same program?

#28 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostChrisMac, on 30 July 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Gold for Marathon in the non-East African Category? .

You did say " dare I say it"...unlike swimming, it is not a first world sport restricted to facilities, coaching etc...everybody can run. Some may even 'dare to say' that triathlon was invented for first world to win some 'running related' event.

#29 langswm

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

.....and on the "constructive" side of things......how good are those hockey players. Unlike some team sports (football etc), the Olympics are the pinnacle for these girls. The speed and skill of those women (and all credit to tke kiws's yesterday) is something to behold.

#30 ChrisMac

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostColin, on 30 July 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

You did say " dare I say it"...unlike swimming, it is not a first world sport restricted to facilities, coaching etc...everybody can run. Some may even 'dare to say' that triathlon was invented for first world to win some 'running related' event.
Correct!  The Winter Olympics is still a fantastic show piece of all the talent money can buy, but the rich list stranglehold on summer sports is starting to weaken.  A lot of developing countries are showing up in rowing this year, which is great.

#31 Tap32

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

All these blokes swimming in bike shorts.
What's happened to budgie smugglers?

#32 Pasty

CoolRunner Admin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

We need to combine the channel 9 commentary and the shooting events.  
Moving targets would make a good spectacle.

#33 tonedbutt

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostPasty, on 30 July 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

We need to combine the channel 9 commentary and the shooting events.  
Moving targets would make a good spectacle.

Agree!!!!  Channel 9 shouldn't be allowed to broadcast goldfish races after the appalling hash they made of the rugby world cup.  And it's time Ray Warren grabbed his Scotch bottle and went out to pasture.  He's not even very good on the footy any more.

#34 halfwaydown

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Kick of every Olympics track & field opening the week with an ultra - one lap of the track then off to run around the car park for the next seven days - allowing them back in for one lap of the track every morning to start the day's events then back to the car park until the closing ceremony when they get a finishing lap.

Also a barefoot 5,000 and 10,000 metres would be good.

#35 cakeboy

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Note to Ray Warren: it's Lieston Pickett...not Liesel Pickett

Why do they give a gold medal to the heat swimmers of the 4X100ms girls but not let them get on the podium ?  Seems a bit cruel.

Was anyone else not cheering when Vino won the mens road race?  (apart from team GB)  I hate to see drug cheats come back and win big races. Once a cheat always a cheat.

#36 Harryo

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

I love the events that we only see at the games - archery was sensational, table tennis is skill+, ladies hockey fantastic.  Weightlifting is quite interesting too.  In Sydney I bought lots of cheap tickets - the highlight for me was handball - skill, endurance, power, great tactics and exciting play.

I agree with a few of the gripes above = Ch9 is crap - thats why we have Foxtel, Pasty had a great idea :Smug: .  We never get to see the marathon in full, this year we should see the full ladies and mens events without interruption. The only issue is that the mens is on the night of C2S, I hope my apartment has Fox.  Did not enjoy Vino winning the road race.

Overall I love it.  By the time the athletics starts I'll be hooked.  The phone app is good - I have all my favourites logged and will get a reminder.

Love the Olympics

harry

#37 youngrunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'm with you Harry, I love the Olympics and just enjoy it in the purest form.

If I am going to vent it will be about the negativity in the media, from Liesel been to fat to the sudden doom and gloom because we didn't win the 4x100m mens relay - despite we won the womens when weren't expected to. Australia won't win everything and it can be disappointing but enough of the 'they blew it' attitude - if they get beaten on the day that's sport.

That said, the sport has been great, swimming and cycling been great, looking forward to the triathlons and marathons in particular. Sad to see Paula Radcliffe have to pull out of the marathon.

#38 MG4R

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

It would have been great if Channel 9 actually split the coverage between Gem and their main channel. But as said before, they must be limited on what they can show. Might have to invest in Foxtel for Rio.

#39 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Verbal mush and crimes against language.  "They failed to execute."  Execute what? Execute whom?  Is there an Olympic beheading event that I have missed - perhaps at the Tower of London?  That'd rate well and get everyone into the hometown feel.  Also, murder of nouns e.g. "I hope to medal.", "I tried really hard and managed to podium."  Say what?  Mush, mush, mush.  Ok, I'll just shut up and watch the sport.  Or maybe I should pop down to the shops and buy my Swisse, because I'll feel better (Olympic style) on Swisse.

#40 rohan

rassum brassum msblsssl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

and remember that shop has been a noun and a verb for a long time.

#41 Unlikelyrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

The only thing I have to say is I have no interest in seeing Lebron James at the Olympics, or any other highly paid sportsperson either (Roger Federrer, Bradley Wiggins, the list goes on).

A move back towards the amateur days wouldnt go astray.

Edited by Unlikelyrunner, 30 July 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#42 iRonnie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Maybe venting could be the next new Olympic "sport".  Plenty of untapped potential on CR.  Keep training fellas and grals.  You just might win a medal and make CR mods really, really, really proud.

#43 clanrunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostUnlikelyrunner, on 30 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

A move back towards the amateur days wouldnt go astray.
And have most of the best sporting talent go elsewhere, turning the Olympics into a second-string comp? The supposed glory of the amateur was a load of rubbish to begin with, designed to keep sport for the rich. No surprise that so many sports have now rejected it.

I take your point about the basketballers and tennis players though. The Olympics should be the pinnacle. The pinnacles for tennis, basketball and soccer aren't at the Olympics.

#44 ChrisMac

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postyoungrunner, on 30 July 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

That said, the sport has been great, swimming and cycling been great, looking forward to the triathlons and marathons in particular. Sad to see Paula Radcliffe have to pull out of the marathon.
Paula must be the unluckiest Olympian that never was, besides our own Derek Clayton, I suppose.  At 38, she should have been peaking for this race.  Hopefully she will come back for the Commonwealth Games.

#45 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostStej, on 30 July 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Verbal mush and crimes against language.  "They failed to execute."  Execute what? Execute whom?

From a (former) foreigner's perspective that is just in line with Aussie vernacular.
eg
"Things are fraught "...with what?
"It is so agggravating" (instead of irritating)
" The marathon is the best event for mine " (in my opinion)

So they are just addressing the audience.

#46 danish

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

If that were the case wouldn't there be be dozens of black athletes dominating triathlon, cycling and swimming already? Plenty of pools and bikes available in the US, UK and Canada, countries whose athletics teams are dominated by their black populace. Perhaps people of African descent lose their thousands of years of genetic advantage by spending a few generations in the 1st world?

Nothing like a good dollop of white guilt

#47 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postdanish, on 30 July 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

If that were the case wouldn't there be be dozens of black athletes dominating triathlon, cycling and swimming already? Plenty of pools and bikes available in the US, UK and Canada, countries whose athletics teams are dominated by their black populace. Perhaps people of African descent lose their thousands of years of genetic advantage by spending a few generations in the 1st world?

Huh??? For them to dominate would they first have to participate??? Have you seen the participation rates in those countries you mention?

Anyway...nothing to do with OG.

#48 speedmeup

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hows about something like the "ski jump" aka eddie the eagle, but on a bicycle .. down the ramp and let her go ! .. yeeha ! . . I'd watch that event for sure.. . might even give it a go myself (after a couple of beers for courage).

#49 Rico

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Definitely agree there should be a 100km trail ultra.

Instead of 200 weight divisions each getting 3 gold medals for weight lifting (snatch + clean and jerk + combined s/c&j) there should be space made for powerlifting (squat + bench + deadlift), since this is more widely recognised and competed in.

Horses should stay because everything from the ancient Olympics should be continued and that used to include a chariot race.

The first few modern Olympics had tug-of-war and holy shit I would love to see the people that would compete in this using modern training, nutrition and drugs.

#50 mytym

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

From a parochial Australian fan perspective:
Multiple combinations of essentially the same event in swimming is fantastic, purely because it's Australia's strength.  I'm not interested in watching countless replays of the same gold-medal winning performance, nor do I care to see every medal ceremony.  They won gold...great!  Let's move on.  I don't want to see every minute of the qualifying team sport matches either.  Just show me the knockout matches.  I also don't want to turn the TV on and hear, "Well it's been another successful day for Australia", only to find out they are referring to silver or bronze medals.  Gold medals are all I'm interested in.  I don't care how many PB's you've broken, how many world championships you've won or how many world records you hold, as a fan, the Olympics are the only event you need to succeed in.

From an impartial idealogical perspective:
As others have said, if winning Olympic Gold is not the pinnacle of the sport, it shouldn't be included.  If the layperson cannot easily distinguish the winner of the event, it shouldn't be included.  If the equipment used is not the same for all competitors of an event, it shouldn't be included.

Reply to this topic