26 replies to this topic

#1 HillsAths1

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

With the Olympics less than 100 days away I have already had enough of Kitty Chiller.

As the Chef De Mission, I would have thought her role would be to put fires out, not fan the flames.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

she should tell kyrgios to get fricked.

#3 Reddog

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Haven't heard her opinion on Michael Diamond yet?

#4 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

just heard it.
a very sedate response.
should've told him to piss off too.

#5 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

kitty chiller - she's one cool cat

#6 riffraff

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

^ I have a little giggle whenever I hear the name.

#7 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostHillsAths1, on 23 May 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

With the Olympics less than 100 days away I have already had enough of Kitty Chiller.

As the Chef De Mission, I would have thought her role would be to put fires out, not fan the flames.

As a coach I thought you would have supported her...the OG is the highest representation of sport, an honour to represent the country not a right and dickheads are not required however great they are or think they are. For too long Australians have been let down by the buffoonery of so called sportsmen at the games

She should get more power. Her role is not to be a 'mate' like the others were at times, she is there to ensure that we perform in manners before performing on field.

There are more dickheads she should have a go at...the list is long

#8 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

if this is about her comments on Michael Diamond, she seemed fairly diplomatic re the topic of his recent misgivings. I feel AOC should give Diamond a go- we have all made mistakes. Alcohol abuse is unfortunately rife in this country. I have seen it with some of our top runners under my wing and it is not pretty. Let him suffer at the hands of the magistrate at the local level (may cop a year or two ban from driving) but let him train and compete if he shows remorse.

#9 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

alcohol, threats of violence and guns aren't a great mix.
in my experience...

#10 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostLong Arms, on 25 May 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

if this is about her comments on Michael Diamond, she seemed fairly diplomatic re the topic of his recent misgivings. I feel AOC should give Diamond a go- we have all made mistakes. Alcohol abuse is unfortunately rife in this country. I have seen it with some of our top runners under my wing and it is not pretty. Let him suffer at the hands of the magistrate at the local level (may cop a year or two ban from driving) but let him train and compete if he shows remorse.

Another coach supporting the dickheads? Are we that desperate for OG medals...Diamond does not have an alcohol problem, he has a dickhead problem, twice the alcohol limit , gets in fight with brother to extent that an AVO is applied for, driving around with a gun etc

I agree that Kitty Chiller should not be heard from. If the athletes behave like adults, her job would be dead easy

#11 Long Arms

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostColin, on 25 May 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Another coach supporting the dickheads? Are we that desperate for OG medals...Diamond does not have an alcohol problem, he has a dickhead problem, twice the alcohol limit , gets in fight with brother to extent that an AVO is applied for, driving around with a gun etc

I agree that Kitty Chiller should not be heard from. If the athletes behave like adults, her job would be dead easy
Colin, That could be one way to tag such "athletes" as Diamond. I have had a soft spot for imperfect athletes since coaching, always trying and hoping I could turn them around to a) help them become better people so they and those around them have a better life; B) they can reach their potential as athletes. I never gave up on two such men in particular. In the end, they gave up on me, one after 4 years of effort on my part and another, just 3 weeks ago after 10 years of effort on my part. Both young men became like sons to me and both became national champs and performed well. How does running 13.21 for 5km after drinking 4 beers in the hour leading up to it sound? Hopefully they can perform even better and I will never give up hope that they do. One is now with another coach so will have to depend on his generosity, time, effort, sponsor structure, etc. The other is not involved in running at all at this point in time. One big lesson I learnt in all this time is that we have to try to respect those who reach out to us for help. Will Diamond reach out for help- does he want help? Does he want to succeed in Rio? I hope so.

#12 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

his version of 'reaching out' involves firearms...

#13 Ultramouse

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

View PostLong Arms, on 25 May 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostColin, on 25 May 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Colin, That could be one way to tag such "athletes" as Diamond. I have had a soft spot for imperfect athletes since coaching, always trying and hoping I could turn them around to a) help them become better people so they and those around them have a better life; B) they can reach their potential as athletes. I never gave up on two such men in particular. In the end, they gave up on me, one after 4 years of effort on my part and another, just 3 weeks ago after 10 years of effort on my part. Both young men became like sons to me and both became national champs and performed well. How does running 13.21 for 5km after drinking 4 beers in the hour leading up to it sound? Hopefully they can perform even better and I will never give up hope that they do. One is now with another coach so will have to depend on his generosity, time, effort, sponsor structure, etc. The other is not involved in running at all at this point in time. One big lesson I learnt in all this time is that we have to try to respect those who reach out to us for help. Will Diamond reach out for help- does he want help? Does he want to succeed in Rio? I hope so.

5000m in 13:21? Isn't that Aus top 10 all time standard. Sure it wasn't a beer mile in 13:21?

#14 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

Colin, That could be one way to tag such "athletes" as Diamond. I have had a soft spot for imperfect athletes since coaching, always trying and hoping I could turn them around to a) help them become better people so they and those around them have a better life; B) they can reach their potential as athletes

You obviously know that Diamond is not an up and coming athlete , lost in his ways, and needing coaching help. He is a veteran Olympian and a supposedly mature guy.
Same with Kyrgios and Tomic, they are highly paid and view their status as more important than OG

How does running 13.21 for 5km after drinking 4 beers in the hour leading up to it sound? Hopefully they can perform even better and I will never give up hope that they do.
That doesn't necessarily indicate waywardness, unless the 5,000 m was an important event..otherwise that indicates awesome talent. I think that athlete spoke of his 'fattening up' time, but I don't recall that he was dependent on the grog

BTW, as a young fella, we shared a bottle of gin and some beers with some friends through the night and as dawn broke at the beach, there was this 'trim park' with a 1,000m circuit and I was dared to run in under 3min, which I did in about 2:50 I recall, but still remember that the biggest thing bothering me was that I was holding in a serious crap...

#15 HillsAths1

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

I guess my main concern is that Kitty is managing the process in the media and does not appear to be actually managing the issues with the related persons.

Arms I share your pain, when a talent moves on. I hope everything works out well for all parties.

#16 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostHillsAths1, on 01 June 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

I guess my main concern is that Kitty is managing the process in the media and does not appear to be actually managing the issues with the related persons.

I think she has only been in the media when asked to comment on the dickheads....but it is not her job at all to be working in advance with people like Tomic and Kyrgios when one isn't even interested and the other hasn't been picked by his sports body yet. ...her job only starts when they are in team...and then they have to behave.

#17 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Good article by Darren Kane in SMH today re Kyrgios opting out of Olympics

Saved himself...let's move on and follow the well behaved athletes now.

#18 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

Boring.

#19 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostAndyP, on 03 June 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Boring.

Apparently the Rio olympics organising committee expect the athletes to engage in a fair bit of boring as the number of condoms to be made available is a record number (or so I heard on the radio).

#20 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostAndyP, on 03 June 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Boring.
Article boring, Kyrgios boring, Chiller boring, the OP, me...???

Why the interest?

#21 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I couldn't read all of the article; it was too much of a wank.

#22 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Quite a short article actually and Darren Kane has a style you don't get on tabloids...

maybe twitter then for you?

#23 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Cld u keep ur posts under 140 chars pls? #tldr

#24 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

Forget twitter - you need a song:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

#25 Quinkin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

I think she has a good name for a Bond film, or maybe a B grade horror flick.

#26 Ultramouse

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

Sounds more like a box where you put naughty cats.

#27 Colin

Still dreaming...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Shitty Killer...

Gets rid of all the crap in the team

Reply to this topic