180 replies to this topic

#1 Drewster

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Whether it be blinding me during night running with over the top bright lamps or scaring the crap out of me during the day by ringing a damn bell when they are nearly on top of me... (they're a re a few other things but that'll do for now).... mostly, mostly, not all, but mostly cyclists on running paths "annoy" me.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

This thread has potential.

#3 BogFrog

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Moderator, please remove this thread before it becomes more cyclist hate

#4 Davo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:21 PM

Maybe the cyclists think that joggers annoy them. I don't know. As an ex-racing cyclist (many many years ago), we always saw joggers/runners as sort of cousins. Even now on the road I'll salute them, and they'll salute back. I rather like them.

#5 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

View PostBogFrog, on 09 December 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Moderator, please remove this thread before it becomes more cyclist hate

Gawd... Give people a chance.
Itís a discussion forum FFS.
If you donít like this particular thread then donít look at it.
I like 99% of cyclists personally.

Edited by undercover brother, 09 December 2018 - 09:29 PM.

#6 BogFrog

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:07 PM

I was, on the whole, being facetious ("joke" being that so may threads and posts get baned or removed as they decend into threatening violence), but yeah, get that it didn't translate well from brain to fingers.

On the fraction, I am kinda tired of explaining on various different channels and pages why cyclists do certain things. But I guess I need to continue explaining so others may understand...

#7 NavyDiverJB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

Finally got a bike shed at my kids school. I tried lock their bikes to the fence once or twice several years ago. I was asked not to as other kids would want to ride to school!  The are a menace riding- Allowed on the foot path until 12 years old here in Vic. I have been running to school with them and pushing two bikes home for years. On the bell scary bit- I don't have a bell on one of my bikes and sing or whistle which is possibly a lot more frighting to the runners and walkers if I am ever on a shared trail where bikes are allowed.

As a runner I do not see many issues with bikes. Dogs on the other hand are a menace. Trying to trip me frequently :)  The mobile phone zombies are pure fun when they freak out as we pass them running or on a bike :Cowboy:

#8 Davo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

Many years ago, the adolescent son of one of my workmates was killed when he was riding his bike along a shared path, and a jogger turned straight in front of him, without looking behind, and brought him down.
Who was at fault, the jogger or the cyclist? Maybe a bit of both. The jogger obviously for not looking round; the cyclist for not ringing his bell.
I'd sooner be startled by a bike bell (after all, it ain't an atom bomb is it!) and have the chance to get out of the way, than the alternative.

#9 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

Actually, there are dickheads everywhere - some are cyclists, some are drivers, some are peds...... some are even runners (some manage dickheadness in multiple modalities!).  Sometimes dickheads and just dickheads, but at other times it is a matter of understanding the other's perspective.   On the bike I've had people whinge at me for not ringing my bell and in other (very similar) situations whinge at me for ringing it.  No win situation.  Or having to explain why you claim the lane when coming up to a round-about.  Perhaps hell is indeed other people.  Hmmmms.

#10 DrinksRunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

BogFrog I got a cycliq rear camera the other day, my christmas present to myself.
Am pretty happy with it. But hope i dont need to use it for a accident.
I popped it on my sons bike to test it out on the weekend, and jogged behind him round city park.
Surprised how good the quality of picture is.

https://www.pushys.c...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by DrinksRunner, 10 December 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#11 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Great thread!  Feel the hate. Let it run through you.

Despite bells being required by law, it seems installing one has too much affect on aerodynamics for some.

#12 BogFrog

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

^^^ DrinksRunner, I have one already but not so happy with it - battery life while light is in use is poor. Night vision is poor too

I have a bell on my bike but it's useless. People ignore it, don't hear it cause they have phones or music in their ears, or if they do hear it, jump out of fright - generally straight into my path. My voice is much more effective...

#13 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:42 AM

Pleased to see the sky hasnít fallen yet.

My usual comments on such threads relate to simple physics.
Apologies for the generalisations (obviously it depends on many things) but...

A car hitting a cyclist or pedestrian at 60kph is very very bad (for the cyclist or pedestrian).
A cyclist hitting a pedestrian at 40kph is pretty bad.
A pedestrian hitting another pedestrian at 15kph isnít usually that bad.
All of these involve real humans.
...and for completeness a cyclists head hiting the pavement and creating a clunk noise is much much less bad if they are wearing a helmet.
For those too silly to wear such a protective device I wonder about the brain we are trying to save in attempting to protect it through legislation.
Although we do need more organ donors.

For the record bad drivers shit me to tears more frequently than bad cyclists.

Edited by undercover brother, 11 December 2018 - 09:42 AM.

#14 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostBogFrog, on 10 December 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I have a bell on my bike but it's useless. People ignore it, don't hear it cause they have phones or music in their ears, or if they do hear it, jump out of fright - generally straight into my path. My voice is much more effective...

For not being heard there is the AirZound (an air horn that can be mounted on bikes and actually a bit louder than the average car horn).  Probably best saved for special occasions as it is a bit "aggressive" for general use.

#15 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

^^^I wouldn't mind an airhorn just for when I am running! Be good to scare the shit out of the unleashed dogs that I have to frequently deal with, and even the leashed ones being let to suddenly dash from one side to the other on their stretchy leads while their owners wander along with shit plugged into their ears like they are the only f#ckers in the world out doing their activity and have full and exclusive entitlement to use the whole terrain and ignore any safety rules.

#16 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

^ I thought you already had an airhorn?

#17 Davo

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

View Postundercover brother, on 11 December 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

^ I thought you already had an airhorn?
Best post this year! :Applause:

#18 Davinator

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

^^^ I also like the lifehack for preventing swimmers ear.
Although you would have to clean thoroughly afterwards or you would think everyone was trying to con you.

#19 NavyDiverJB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

View PostAndyP, on 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Great thread!  Feel the hate. Let it run through you.

Despite bells being required by law, it seems installing one has too much affect on aerodynamics for some.

"Brakes and bells- All bicycles must have at least one effective brake and a working bell (or similar warning device)." (vic law) I wonder if singing is considered similar or a crime against humanity? The Lycra is certainly a crime against humanity :)

Honestly the only bike I have with out a bell is a time trail bike and it is impossible to put a bell on the aero bars and blade type bar. I have Ding Dings on the others promise. I go so slowly past any walker due to the frequent habit of people to turn their head to see where the noise of the bell or my singing or chatting and wandering off on a crooked and inconsistent path. Running or riding mostly running- I find the number of people or groups of people who move from a straight and easy to pass line to "a jump to the right" into my path. Never hit anyone happily. It always amazes me. Often seem the movement taking people from the left hand side to cross over and off the track to the right hand side. Bet I am not the only one to notice that. It does make me slow down when ever overtaking and remind myself people do the funniest things frequently. On a 10 km fast run last night I came far too close for comfort with the jump to the right habit. I was puffing like a steam train and more than 7 people turned and wandered right turning to look. In several places there is a speed limit of 10kph on shared paths for that reason I guess. Cairns foreshore is one place I chuckled at the running speed limit and wondered if it is enforced.

#20 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostNavyDiverJB, on 12 December 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

"Brakes and bells- All bicycles must have at least one effective brake and a working bell (or similar warning device)." (vic law) I wonder if singing is considered similar or a crime against humanity? The Lycra is certainly a crime against humanity

Ok.  Got me interested.  s258 of Road Safety Road Rules 2017 (Vic) has failure to have lights or proper equipment (ie bell) down as around a $200 fine.  No fine specified for the lycra, though there are lots and lots of other things you can be fined for on a bike (many of which are standard for all "vehicles").  See attached from bottom of p5.

What gets me is how hard it is to get a dangerous driving offence by a car/truck against a bicycle to stick.  There is some really good video out there now but I sometimes feel that you need to have serious property or personal damage before the law will take action.  Even a phone call or a caution may be useful in stopping dangerous behaviour becoming damaging or fatal.  Same with the giving space to cyclist rules in some other States - not really well enforced is my impression.  But, as long as bells are enforced we can breathe easy, right?

Attached File  Finestable1Nov201820182019.pdf   228.57K   1 downloads

Edited by Stej, 12 December 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#21 NavyDiverJB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

View PostStej, on 12 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

"Brakes and bells- All bicycles must have at least one effective brake and a working bell (or similar warning device)." (vic law) I wonder if singing is considered similar or a crime against humanity? The Lycra is certainly a crime against humanity

Ok.  Got me interested.  s258 of Road Safety Road Rules 2017 (Vic) has failure to have lights or proper equipment (ie bell) down as around a $200 fine.  No fine specified for the lycra, though there are lots and lots of other things you can be fined for on a bike (many of which are standard for all "vehicles").  See attached from bottom of p5.

What gets me is how hard it is to get a dangerous driving offence by a car/truck against a bicycle to stick.  There is some really good video out there now but I sometimes feel that you need to have serious property or personal damage before the law will take action.  Even a phone call or a caution may be useful in stopping dangerous behaviour becoming damaging or fatal.  Same with the giving space to cyclist rules in some other States - not really well enforced is my impression.  But, as long as bells are enforced we can breathe easy, right?

I'll ask a mate who is a police man to put the state budget in the black by booking all the Tri Girls and boys with no bells. Not sure if I have ever seen a bell on any ironman type bike. As mine is for sale I am safe. Just one little stray to the DARK Side for me was fun but enough for me, I love running to much to spend that much time training for 180km fast rides :)  I still think running is the toughest leg of any tri distance. Its also my favorite and no bells required :)

Fines or no fines me in lycra is never ok. That also goes for my speedos - Very sorry all! Hope your not eating!

Edited by NavyDiverJB, 12 December 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#22 BogFrog

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

^^^ Oh, but that IS what they have been doing in Sydney! Booking bikes for not having bells, booking cyclists for not "coming to a complete stop" at stop signs (stop sign before turning left into a bus lane where no buses can enter but from behind you, a track stand is not a stop apparently - you must unclip and put your foot down), booking cyclists for going over 30km/hr in Centennial Park at 6am on a weekday...

I feel safer already

#23 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

It really all just comes down to a bit of common sense and curtesy really. I think most people must have some awareness of where they should be on a pathway, but choose to be ignorant. If everybody just used their brains a little, and thought about others, then it would make for a much nicer experience for all!!! I dont think cyclist would ever want to hit someone, and I hope that no runners or walkers would want to put someone off their bike. I would also hope that motorists would be aware of how vulnerable cyclists can be and that cyclists would make sure they were obeying the rules that are there to keep them safe as possible. [though, guess there is no protection from the deliberate dickheads with a sense of entitlement] Thing is, none of us exclusively owns the roads or pathways. They are SHARED. We all pay our rates and taxes to be able to use them, so no one has more rights than anyone else. Not hard to be a bit considerate, it might save someone an injury, or worse!!

ps. Ha ha about the foghorn comment. I just have to be a little careful letting go full bore in public, lest I shart.

#24 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostBogFrog, on 12 December 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

^^^ Oh, but that IS what they have been doing in Sydney! Booking bikes for not having bells....  I feel safer already

Yep.  But don't worry I have found the perfect bell for you below.  Excellent for casual riding and also for races as your competitors will fall off their bikes laughing.

Attached File  frogbell.jpg   42.55K   0 downloads

View PostSkyChariot, on 12 December 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

ps. Ha ha about the foghorn comment. I just have to be a little careful letting go full bore in public, lest I shart.

It's not a foghorn, it's a froghorn.  Tee-hee!

Edited by Stej, 12 December 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#25 Davinator

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

SMH survey today had a question "Are male cyclists too aggressive on roads?" Wrong question, and any angry ants are in the wrong weight division against cars.

Possible sub-thread: I don't cycle like Frank.

#26 DrinksRunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

IN Tassie most cyclists are on the road and ones that are on shared pathways ring their bell and there is no problem.
When I was in Brisbane and going across pedestrian bridges, that was a bit dangerous with bike commuters heading through near peak hour - on way to/from work. But other than that it felt fine.

Most annoying thing for me is Tourists/walkers on paths up the gorge as they have trouble giving way, lack of awareness that someone might want to go past and that they should not take up the entire pathway..
The answer for me is to try and avoid those paths as much as possible except for bad weather days.

Everyone is just in their own bubble and not thinking about others.

#27 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

^^Yep, there are signs everywhere on the shared pathways down here, but some people are so much in la la land, even the regular path users, that they still wander all over the bloody things, walkers, joggers, cyclists, dog walkers. It aint hard just to stay on the left, and be courteous toward others.  'Are male cyclists too agressive on roads......' There are some bloody agressive motor vehicle drivers out there too! You will get dickheads in cars, you will get dickheads on bikes, dont think you can label who is worse. I was on the bus yesterday, and the bus was just pulling out of a bay, to merge back into the traffic. There were two lanes going in that same direction. Some dickhead, decided to swerve from the other lane, and beat the bus into the left lane, put his foot down, then swerve back into the other lane again. The bus driver had to quickly brake, and nearly put some people out of their seats. He hit the horn, and the stupid dick in the car stuck his hand up out of the winder and gave him the finger as he swerved his way along. Extra traffic on the road at this time of the year, seems to bring the worst out of a lot of people. I have seen so much bad behaviour and aggressiveness, and I am usually on public transport or on foot. Another dick head dd a dangerous uturn in the middle of Corrimal main street the other day, squealing tires as he went, into peak hour traffic. Think he just thought that all the cars around him would somehow levitate to give him priority. Dont know how there was not an accident there. Just luck I think.

ps. froghorn eh stej. I have been told I sound like many things when I have farted before, but never have I been told that I sound like a frog.......though once my mother told me that I sounded like a cane toad being run over slowly by a truck.

#28 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

After making that post yesterday, I went via the shops on my way home, and ended up having a confrontation with a cyclist on the footpath, who near ran over an elderly couple. It had been raining and the paths were wet and slippery. He came flying around the corner and skidded his rear tyre, nearly wiping out a couple of elderly people walking just in front of me. They got a real fright! I had a go at him. And he stopped, threw his bike on the ground and got in my face! This kind of shit doesn't intimidate me, so I got right back in his face! Dont poke the chariot!!!!!

#29 Seano

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostStej, on 12 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

With regards the making charges stick bit.
A few months ago I was driving my motorised scooter. (it's a semi proper one capable of 70+km/h)
I took a line on the road where the right hand tyre of the cars were driving.
This was to be assertive, as i sensed the driver behind me encroaching on my space. (Which you are pretty sensitive to on a bike)
I was driving the 60Km ph speed limit & keeping 3 seconds between me & the car in front. (& there was a huge line of cars ahead)

So, the car behind me overtakes me on the left!
That is, we are both in the same lane.
There is no space left of the white line & there is a gutter.

I could have scratched her ear as she passed me, she was that close.

How many rules has she just broken?
I can think of 3 pretty quickly.

I rang up the police when I got home, gave them the number plate & make of car & told them what happened. (I would give a decent description of the lady to given how close we were!)
There was kind of a pause on the line & the officer said words to the effect of "Yeah but was there an accident?   So, why are you ringing exactly?"
Eventually the officer begrudgingly agreed to make a "file note" if anything esle happens with this driver/car in future.

Nothing to see here, play on!

#30 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

^ dashcam!
or in this case scooter cam.
xmas is coming up...

#31 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

^^ frustrating.  Sadly it is often the same result even with good video evidence.  Actually having good video evidence and getting no action would in some ways be even more frustrating.  Not sure if it is a resourcing issue for the police or courts or whether it is a difficulty in getting fines or convictions to stick when going to court.  Perhaps they could at least take some of the more egregious examples and take some action.  Sighs.

#32 Clockwise

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:08 PM

„Yeah, but was there an accident“

That person must be joking. Then you could anything unless there is an accident without being fined. (That said: police has always looked the other way when I did something illegal. Or shouted a reminder without attempting to stop me. (Coming from a country where helmets are worn by MAMILS only I still tend to forget... also there is this one stupid corner where going via the footpath keeps me alive.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 Simlin

Reports of my demise are Fake News.

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:52 AM

As a runner who commutes by bike 160k a week...I feel safer on the road then the shared path...not just because of the other walkers, joggers, i-zombies and dogs, but also the sticks, tree roots, slippery wooden bridges and narrow stretches of path.

I will only use the shared path (read Torren's Linear park as I live in the NE suburbs of Adelaide) if it is out of peak times (i.e. no bike lanes or clearways) and I am feeling particularly leisurely (i.e. no kids activities or other parenting duties to get home to).

#34 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

^^I know a few cyclists around here that prefer to be on the roads than the shared pathways as well. Same reasons. Yet, they constantly get abused for being on the roads when there is a nearby cycleway....probably by those same dog walkers, I-zombies and the like that make riding on the pathways dangerous.

#35 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

Nut with no tolerance for shared pathway at parkrun this morning. We start of the side of the path and run the first couple of hundred meters on the grass until the mob thins out a bit, then we merge onto the left of the path. Most runners are pretty good at keeping left, as we dont have exclusive rights to the pathway. As bikes come up behind, or approach from the front, we always yell out bike! to alert other runners around us. This was the case this morning, just a few hundred meters into our run. Heard someone behind yelling out bike, so I yelled out bike, and there was plenty of room for the guy to ride past, but no, he was riding past yelling out abuse and to 'get out of his way!!' And a merry Christmas to you too, arsehole!!!

#36 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

Finally this thread is back on topic.

#37 Robert W

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

Cafe hoggers, when you go to your favorite cafe for your morning coffee and a group of 20 odd bike riders get then en masse just before you, not happy.

#38 NavyDiverJB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Do pram pushers hogging the cafe qualify Robert? I cannot get into one near my work at times. If I could get a seat I could not get to it due to the huge prams blocking any access :)

One the grumpy bike nazis. They get up the noses of bike riders as well promise.  

On Police ( I love them but honestly) Telling a police officer is useless. Demand they take a statement from you and then they have to investigate. If you do you will find they use 1980 technology and the shocking systems they use explains why they are very reluctant to look at   legitimate  complaints. I found out when a idiot tried running over my kids on a pedestrian crossing.  He was honking and abusing us for daring to be on the clearly marked crossing. Rang and was blown off, went and was blown off. I resorted to asking to chat with the police Sargent before they took a statement. The idiot was charged.

#39 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

A male cyclist went past me yesterday. He was very big and hairy, and was wearing very tight white bike shorts and obviously no underwear on as I was treated to a big hairy bum crack.

#40 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostNavyDiverJB, on 04 February 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

On Police ( I love them but honestly) Telling a police officer is useless. Demand they take a statement from you and then they have to investigate. If you do you will find they use 1980 technology and the shocking systems they use explains why they are very reluctant to look at   legitimate  complaints. I found out when a idiot tried running over my kids on a pedestrian crossing.  He was honking and abusing us for daring to be on the clearly marked crossing. Rang and was blown off, went and was blown off. I resorted to asking to chat with the police Sargent before they took a statement. The idiot was charged.

Interested.  Did you have an independent witness willing to give a statement or video footage of the incident?

View PostSkyChariot, on 04 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

A male cyclist went past me yesterday. He was very big and hairy, and was wearing very tight white bike shorts and obviously no underwear on as I was treated to a big hairy bum crack.

Usually you would not wear underwear with bike knicks.  Black is the most popular colour for a reason.

#41 NavyDiverJB

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostSkyChariot, on 04 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Arrrrg  Sorry. I try to ride in the dark as much as possible. My crack is covered if I am on a bike promise :)

Re Police Statement. A willing witness (or two ) is really the only way to get out of He said- He said or She said, She said or any variation. One on one disagreements assuming one is dishonest seldom got any where at any forum. Getting police to take a statement  usually needs them to see a wining position if the other party is going to lie. Domestic Violence cases are happily now dealt with far more appropriately. Police are busy. I am sure many of the systems they use are partly the reason they do not have time to be extremely helpful which I am sure is frustrating for them as well. At a court recently I think about twelve police officers waited for several hours meaning they were not out doing ( I was not in trouble promise)

Not sure but I assume a large % of our police are off line due largely to shockingly inefficient IT and legal processes and systems. Given Governments shocking track record of IT systems fixing the issue likely be sadly expensive and not work. Gosh that sounds sad.

Have a great day all.

Edited by NavyDiverJB, 05 February 2019 - 09:29 AM.

#42 Sub17ParkRun

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

Cyclists that form pelotons and take up most of the road and have a  bad attitude. They are arrogant and annoy drivers.

#43 BogFrog

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

View PostSub17ParkRun, on 05 February 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

Cyclists that form pelotons and take up most of the road and have a  bad attitude. They are arrogant and annoy drivers.

So, is it just the cyclists that form pelotons and take up most of the road and have a bad attitude that annoy you, or also the cyclists that form pelotons and take up most of the road and dont have a bad attitude?  Just seeking clarification...

#44 Sub17ParkRun

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

The cyclists with bad attitudes that form pelotons take up most of the road, slow traffic down. There are cyclists running pedestrians over, there are cyclists going through the red lights and there are cyclists that punch car mirrors.. The cyclists should obey the road rules and be held accountable for their actions. It is cyclists that are to blame for most accidents with cars on our roads.

#45 AndyP

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:26 PM

Cyclists are to blame for most problems in society.

#46 undercover brother

the banned bigot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

^ I thought that was Donald Trump.
Trumpís fault!

The vast majority of bike v car accidents are caused by the car.
Well, the driver of the car.

Edited by undercover brother, 06 February 2019 - 08:34 PM.

#47 riffraff

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Until cyclists can pedal 60kph up hills they will always be a road pest.

#48 BogFrog

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:55 AM

View PostSub17ParkRun, on 06 February 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

The cyclists with bad attitudes that form pelotons take up most of the road, slow traffic down. There are cyclists running pedestrians over, there are cyclists going through the red lights and there are cyclists that punch car mirrors.. The cyclists should obey the road rules and be held accountable for their actions. It is cyclists that are to blame for most accidents with cars on our roads.

Bzzzzzz  it is drivers of cars who are at fault in most car / bicycle accidents.
I am one of those cyclists who sometimes cycles in a peloton and takes up most of the road. Maybe you should think outside of your square and ask WHY the cyclists are doing what they are doing. Look around and ask yourself why.  Often it is safer for the cyclist - to avoid a hazard, a car door, a close pass etc

And yes, there are arrogant d!ck in cars, in shoes, on bikes etc

#49 riffraff

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:09 AM

Pelotons, mob mentality, share the rage. safety in numbers, have a chat three abreast, bugger the rest of us.

And I haven't even mentioned fat rolls and lycra......yet.

#50 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

UCBs post above.....I didn't know that Trump road a bicycle???