Toes on left foot suffer more than on right?

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave_D

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:32 PM

So this is a bit of an out there question, I used to wear asics, but got measured and I have been wearing Brooks Ravenna since series 4 and now on Ravenna 9, It appears now that my left foot toes are taking a battering, with blisters, both blood and normal and my toe nails also. Yet my right foot is hardly suffering at all. My shoes are an 8.5 and have run about 800 kms in them, not as much as I have in other shoes.

I have also notice the wear on my left shoe is a lot worse than the right shoe, it seems very strange to me, and would appear as if my foot striking has changed?

Attached is a picture of my shoes underneath and you will see the substantial difference in the wear.

Would appreciate any input has anyone else suffered with these issues.

Thanks

Attached Files

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 SkyChariot

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

Maybe they just aren't the right shoes for you. Perhaps try going pack to the brand you were wearing before, and see what happens. You haven't had any injuries in the meantime have you, that would cause you to be landing heavier on one foot than the other?

#3 DrinksRunner

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

sometimes people can have 1 slightly larger foot than the other.
and different shoes can emphasise the difference if they are a little small.
800km is a lot of kilometres to do in a shoe you are not that happy with..

#4 Dave_D

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

Hi there,Thanks for the replies, I am looking at other shoes now and hoping to get chance to get measured properly as I was quite a few years ago, I am taking for granted this series has just changed slightly, and it is only now  that the shoe is starting cause the issues.

View PostSkyChariot, on 27 May 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

Maybe they just aren't the right shoes for you. Perhaps try going pack to the brand you were wearing before, and see what happens. You haven't had any injuries in the meantime have you, that would cause you to be landing heavier on one foot than the other?
I have worn Brooks Ravenna since 2011, but on that subject of injuries did have a bit of plantar fasciitis in my right foot a few years ago this is after I was properly measured for my shoes. Maybe over compensating??

Edited by Dave_D, 29 May 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#5 SkyChariot

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

See what happnens in your new shoes. Sounds like your foot is sliding around and you are getting hot spots. Maybe if it continues think about your running form, and has it changed any since the bit of plantar fasciitis that you had??

#6 rambo

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

I have a similar problem with my shoes, Brooks Glycerin, outer side of left shoe wears down considerably before the rest of both shoes. I put it down to the left leg being slightly longer than the right.
I was also getting blisters and a blackened toenail on the 2nd toe of my right foot as the shoes got older, I put this down to the uppers of the shoes shrinking slightly as they aged.
Fixed this problem by going a half size bigger and haven't had the problem since (4-5 pairs later).
I change shoes about every 800-900km.

#7 claudicles

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

I get sore bits in my feet in different areas but I figure they are not exactly the same. I have had comments that it is odd that both of my feet are the same length as most people have a slight difference. I have gone up a half size twice over the years to make my toes more comfy. I also notice more problems beyond 800km in any shoes I have tried, except Hokas. They wear out faster.

#8 Stej

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:04 AM

Time to try some different shoes.   You might also be able to play around with different lacing and socks (thinner - like Steigen sock for example).  Annoyingly there is version-to-version variation within a brand and model such that v4 to v8 may suit then something subtle or not so subtle is changed in v9.

#9 riffraff

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostStej, on 01 June 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Time to try some different shoes.   You might also be able to play around with different lacing and socks (thinner - like Steigen sock for example).  Annoyingly there is version-to-version variation within a brand and model such that v4 to v8 may suit then something subtle or not so subtle is changed in v9.

Along with the sometimes subtle differences between exactly the same brand, model and version. Quality control.