• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 alokin123

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

i have a bulging disc in my lower back L4/L5/S1. Has anyone had this before and made a recovery? Its been over 4 weeks now and i can still feel the pinch in my back when doing certain movements and there is a lot of mixed information on how to recover from this injury. I've been seeing the physio but i had to come back to work when i was at 80% and i feel i have gone backwards

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 Stej

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

Yes.  L4/L5 disc bulges are very common.  They are also fairly individual.  One person's experience of a disc bulge is not going to be the same as another's.  The best thing that I have found is to back off activities that provoke the adverse symptoms (if possible) and keep up some gentle activity (e.g. walking rather than running).  I also find that some easy rocking type exercises (from side to side on your back) and gentle back extensions (cobra pose) helps me when I get symptoms.  I also avoid sitting for long periods.  I think the key is self-management and adjusting activity when symptoms flare up rather than finding a perfect cure.  Your injury and experiences may differ.