2 replies to this topic

#1 nathaniel2518

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:54 AM

After a few years of niggles turns out they all seem to stem from tight hammies  & weak glutes especially the left - not surprising. I've been working with a physio to try and get my glutes firing (my left is way weaker) and nothing seems to help. I do get achillies tendonitis and am forever doing calf raises. I also run on the outside of my feet -  another thing that was suggested recently may make it harder for me to activate my glutes. i also sit all day so my arched back posture may add to all this.

i've been doing exercises to isolate my glutes and hammies for over 6 months with virtually no effect. it is really frustrating as my regular 20-30kms a week seem to be getting harder and slower. any advice would be great.

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 claudicles

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

I had the same issue and a trainer at my gym suggested doing single leg squats when cleaning my teeth. It has gotten to the point I find myself doing them habitually and often without really planning it. I do get some weird looks at work. It seems to have worked though. I also avoid lots of hills as that seems to flare it up still.

#3 Sub17ParkRun

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

Single leg squats, Single-leg bridges and hamstring curls.