164 replies to this topic

#151 plu

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:49 AM

View PostVegie-girl, on Jun 20 2006, 11:40 AM, said:

Seeing as some of us are in the mood for debating, I would like to debate the statement below.
I think based on  this pic he's taken one too many tuna tins to the head.   B)

This photo was taken at 78km from the Calga drinks stop.  You can see Horrie in the background.  This was all part of the congo line where runners were passing and repassing each other with brief acknowledgements.  I guess wondering if this is the last time he passes me or can I get by again going through their mind.  

I suspect Brendan was just relieved he had a free hand as he had spent 77.5km with a water bottle in his hand and felt free since I had taken the water bottle ahead to fill it up so he could run through the aid station.

I was surprised to see Brendan do this as this part of the course was quite tough and they were all digging in.  

cheers  plu

Support our Australian advertisers:

#152 Virtual

I can be dying an hour after I can be flying. Gabriel Flores

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

That pic was taken with about 10 miles to go and I was feeling good.  Soon after this I was constrained by my hand bottle again. Need to practice with the hand bottles as much as possible, build up those arms!!

#153 Vegie-girl

Who says Nothing is impossible? Been doin it all my life

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:59 PM

View PostVirtual, on Jun 19 2006, 08:12 PM, said:

That pic was taken with about 10 miles to go and I was feeling good.  Soon after this I was constrained by my hand bottle again.
Aww, I was imagining you singing, I like Aeroplane Jelly   B)

#154 Dazza K

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

View PostVegie-girl, on Jun 20 2006, 03:59 PM, said:

Aww, I was imagining you singing, I like Aeroplane Jelly   B)

Sorry Vegie, that was a lot earlier.

I must admit, it made me cringe listening to it.

Cheers!

P.S. I'd much rather see a hijacking like this rather than a slanging match as we've seen above.

#155 Virtual

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

How can I sail like an aeroplane with legs of lead!  

btw. No soreness, it's all gone, must have got more out of MdS than I thought..

#156 Jogger

CoolRunner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,396 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:11 PM

All the posts about whether John Mergler's awesome run could qualify for a spot in the Australian team at World 100kms are over here

#157 Vegie-girl

Who says Nothing is impossible? Been doin it all my life

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Sex:Female

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:45 PM

Oi, who said I'm hijacking?  I consider Brendan's image to be a very serious matter.   :D
He's intrinsically linked to CR and the image he portrays is very pertinent given that when he wears the CR gear he becomes its ambassador to the greater community.  This image therefore reflects on all of us.    B)  

I bet he tried to snort one of those green lollies (refer to tim's report) which then became lodged in his brain . . . hence the 'unique' behaviour.  Could only happen to our Brendan.  Its ok luv, we know you're special.   :D

#158 Virtual

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

Save it for my 1000th post will ya.

#159 plu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

btw. No soreness, it's all gone, must have got more out of MdS than I thought..

Just came on to ask this very quection before the thread drops off for this year.

How have you all pulled up?  I am sure many, like mysellf,  would be interested.

Plu

#160 Horrie

keeps on keeping on

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:28 AM

I'm back to having the slight niggle on the inside of the left knee that I had before the run. The foot problem and the associated ITB pain have vanished. I am very relieved as I was getting worried there for a while. I've managed to run 30km since last Saturday. Its great to be feeling normal again. B)

#161 Spud

trailrunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:56 AM

Feeling good and recovering well, lots of sleep, good food and water.
I've been out for 3 runs since Saturday and progressively feeling better. Still I will not be rushing back too quickly, I know it takes longer for the endocrine to recover, so no speedwork (not that I do much  B) ) for a week or two.

#162 Louie de Fly

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hi
Still feeling sore and tired just taking it easy slow walk run of 8km on Sunday have just been for a run walk of 15km and plan to do 10-20km this afternoon if fine and 20km on Sunday
I have till the 23rd July for my next marathon Hunter Valley Run so will keep my long
runs at 20km with one run of 35km then one run of 20km before Canb Bush Mar and Cities Mar on 29-30th July
Should be back to normal next week

#163 terry

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

Good to see most are recovering well. Im having a bit of a foot problem that needs rest, nothing major.

Was hoping to have a go at 12 foot, I really needed to recover well and continue training to have a chance at finishing 12 foot, maybe next year

Might try to focus on a few marathons and build up for GNW 100mile ?????????????

#164 Twopennys

Attention to detrail

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

Sorry to drag up an old thread (by now) but I just resurfaced after flying out to NZ the day after PMC.

Can't work out how to update the results table on the Fatass page so for the sake of completeness I stopped my watch exactly 3k past the Brooklyn (as per G305) turnoff on the road bridge over the railway line at the Hawkesbury Waters Station - so I'm not sure if that counts as 59k or 62k as the last 3 k were off the "official course" - anyhoo at 62k the time was 8.12.

I'd had an rough few weeks in the lead up to this one so all in all I was happy with the 62k - frankly I surprised myself a bit by getting that far.

It was great catching up with Horrie, Truckie and Jan again and meeting Virtual and Hamburglar for the first time - also all the others I met whose names now escape me.

Big thanks to Kev, Plu, Gnome & the ubiquitous Jen_Runs who provided great support on the day.

Look forward to next years "down run" - you better be there Tesso  :blink:

Cheers, 2P

#165 tim

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

View PostTwopennys, on Jul 3 2006, 12:20 PM, said:

Can't work out how to update the results table on the Fatass page so for the sake of completeness I stopped my watch exactly 3k past the Brooklyn (as per G305) turnoff on the road bridge over the railway line at the Hawkesbury Waters Station - so I'm not sure if that counts as 59k or 62k as the last 3 k were off the "official course" - anyhoo at 62k the time was 8.12.

I have updated the results.