2846 replies to this topic

#1 vat

Watchless. Repeat, watchless.

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts
  • Sex:Male

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:26 PM

Walking back after my curtailed long run yesterday (Sundau) I spotted a young lady wearing a Coolrunning cap, heading west on Victoria Road, Gladesville, past the Gladesville Hospital, at about 10:30.  Who was she?

Anyone else seen Coolrunning gear in non-race settings (Bay Run obviously excepted).

Support our Australian advertisers:

#2 Amjan

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

Hi Vat_Man - mystery solved. That was me, and although I was very cheered by the sight of another coolrunner, I was a bit embarassed to be spotted having a bit of a shocker! I had meant to run from Annandale to Cheltenham, but the combination of the heat and a wedding the night before meant that the big run turned into more of a stroll...

#3 vat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

No shame there - my Gladesville-City loop (in via Victoria Rd, out via the North Shore) came to a similar inglorious end about 3km short.  Suspect I was a bit optimistic with the 15km I put in on Saturday...   :o

#4 Springer

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:10 PM

I spotted a fully 'cooled-up' runner (ie singlet and cap) at about 9.20am yesterday morning heading up the Pacific Highway (just past the bridge)into North Sydney.

I was driving but didn't feel too guilty as was coming back from a very hot and sticky 26k with the Striders.

#5 Sueruns21

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:08 PM

I spotted a female runner in a cool running bra top on new year's day at Coogee Bay at about 630pm. Who was that?

#6 vat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 10:09 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Springer:
I spotted a fully 'cooled-up' runner (ie singlet and cap) at about 9.20am yesterday morning heading up the Pacific Highway (just past the bridge)into North Sydney.

That would have been me!

#7 PJ

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:00 AM

Amjan, you ran the day after getting married!? Have you defined a new level for dedication, or was the experience that bad that you had to run away?

#8 Amjan

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:48 PM

Thank you PJ, that made me laugh, although may have made another coolrunner a bit queasy. No, it was definitely not my wedding. Being a guest was quite enough

#9 queen_bee

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:52 PM

... spied this morning.... a cool runner (plus two mates) doing hill reps up the killer Lilyfield Road... looking good guys!

#10 Mister G

Kosciuszko Deprivation Syndrome since 2005

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:23 PM

quote:

... spied this morning.... a cool runner (plus two mates) doing hill reps up the killer Lilyfield Road...  

Yeah, that would have been me in the CR singlet, being left for dead by Luke Skyrunner and Will Ward.

Queen_Bee, you should have stopped by and said hello, given us an excuse to have a few more seconds for recovery between reps....  ;)

#11 Tracey

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:14 PM

I saw a Coolrunner in a Coolrunning singlet and Coolrunning cap running lengths of the beach on the soft sand of Samurai Beach, the legally nude beach up at Port Stephens, he was wearing his cossies too, they were black with Speedo written on the back of them. Anyone care to come forward.   I waved out to him but he either was too embarrassed to wave to a nude person or I must have been too far away - this was about five days after Christmas Day.

Bye for now.

#12 Uncle Dave

1000-club gold-rated CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:42 PM

Spotted: One female in coolrunning singlet a couple weeks ago in the backblocks of North Rocks. I hope you had a flick knife or a can of mace concealed beneath your coolgear; people are often killed here for a lot less than a coolrunning singlet!

#13 bendigo

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:52 PM

Tracey,

Did you participate in the Samurai Beach Nude Fun Run, and if so, what strategy did you adopt to identify yourself as a CR?

A couple of us on here took part in the Big Rivers Nude Fun Run at Echuca, but only caught up with each other by chance, as neither of us went for the black texta "CR" on the left buttock!

Cheers,

Rob  :rolleyes:

#14 queen_bee

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:08 AM

Mister G, I would have only I was on my bike on the way to the pool, not on my feet. I think I was looking for the morning inspiration - it didn't come up with the sun as per usual!
Will cheer you on next time....

#15 Kelvin

Too busy running to think of a witty title !

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:45 PM

I do know at least what happened to some of the wrong colour Coolrunning Caps - they ended up with the Gold Coast Road runners as it matched exactly some of their uniform, when i was up there last month and saw all these people in CR Caps (and didn't realise they were the incorrect coloured ones), thought i must have wandered into a CR Cult !!
Kelvin    :)

#16 Jogger

CoolRunner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:13 PM

Kelvin - you have already  .... you ... will ... be ... assimilated....

#17 vat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:38 PM

[zombie]Join us...[/zombie]

Actually, just on the miscoloured cap thing, someone mentioned they saw a heap of the orange CR caps in a clearance bin at the manufacturer (forget the name, over near Taren Point).

#18 PJ

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:18 PM

Resistance is futile Kelvin ...

The only sightings I get of CR gear up here is me in the mirror as I head out for a run...

VERY COOOL  B)    B)

#19 Tracey

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 02:41 PM

Bendigo

I did not compete at the 2003 Samurai Beach Fun Run for a couple of reasons, mainly because the weather wasn't that crash hot, in fact it was lousy.  The second reason was because I had a lot on at work at the time and it was a little difficult to get away, November is always busy for the firm I work for.

Though I did compete in the 2002 Samurai Beach Fun Run, great weather that weekend.   I didn't produce any startling performance - just enjoy the feeling of running naked.   It is a weekend I really enjoy!

I didn't adopt any sort of strategy to identifying CR's in 2002 because at the time the "thing" of identifying CR's wasn't a big thing.   But would be happy to put CR on my buttocks so people can "see" me.

Anyone wanting to train with me on "the beach" for this years event just leave your details here and your gear in the car.

Bye for now.

#20 quackbaa

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:20 PM

Vat_man - that was me who mentioned seeing the miscoloured caps at Hot Designs in one of their clearance bins.  They used to be at Taren Point but their factory, and small store, have moved to a small set of shops in Kirrawee (Putland Close, behind Kirrawee High School).  Having seen the orange I was glad Kevin held out for the true colours - much better look.  

Hot Designs always have a bit of gear on sale - discontinued/old designs mostly.  Most of it is for cyclists or swimmers but there are usually some running singlets and shorts available - just not all sizes.  Not sure when they are open for retail - most times I have gone on a Saturday morning and if there's someone there they are usually happy to sell something.  Of course I've only been there once since they moved to Kirrawee.

As for seeing Cool Running gear outside of races - I have seen a CoolRunner a couple of times who must work in the same building as me (old GPO in Martin Place).  I have just been rushing off for one reason or another and haven't stopped for a chat.

#21 RMC

all day and night that's a long run..

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

Tracey.
Training for nude running. Now there is a topic to start. As for identifying a CR on the butt, maybe one letter on each cheek with a smile in between.

C  :)  R

#22 wobbly man

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:39 PM

Cool Running singlet man (with white cap) - seen setting off around the Tan today at about 12:30 -I thought I could catch up and say g'day but my legs couldn't better your pace.  <_<

#23 Fish

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:59 PM

Wobbly Man,

That would have been me enjoying the rain and drizzle.  I get out around the Tan on most days, so be sure to say hi next time you see me.  I usually go a little bit slower on most training runs but was feeling a bit guilty for the amount of alcohol and junk food consumed over the past few weeks!

Fish

#24 PurplePete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:03 PM

Very smooth looking Cool Running singlet man (he wasn't even sweating) - seen today in Sydney, jogging past Mrs Macquarie's chair with two others, at 12:30pm. Was going to say hi, but was feeling so hot I couldn't speak !!   :P

#25 Jogger

CoolRunner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:51 PM

whilst everyone is spotting others out running - don't forget to send in the odd photo of yourself or others wearing the gear - I will then post them on this page with the other ones.

There is a nice one of Action wearing his cap midway between sydney and Hobart!

#26 JodieR

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:26 PM

A good test of the caps by Action - if it didn't blow off whilst he was sailing to Hobart, then it should be great for hi-wind runs.  :D

#27 bendigo

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

Tracey,

Perhaps we could make the commitment and buy a cap, as I don't think that would compromise the "integrity" of club uniform.

Cheers,

Rob  :)

#28 PurplePete

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:50 PM

depends what colour the club uniform is. It may clash !!  :)

#29 Stu Mac

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:35 PM

Club runners don't always wear their club colours when they train, do they.......

Obviously there must be a time for CR Gear....

:)    :D    ;)

#30 astro

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:56 PM

quote:

don't forget to send in the odd photo of yourself or others wearing the gear  

I can think of a photo of a particular Coolrunner at a non-race event, in fact at a non-running even, wearing Coolrunning gear . . . Perhaps Mr Tiller knows which one I am talking about? Though I noticed it hasn't been posted on the page . . .  ;)     :D

#31 RunWolf

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:20 PM

Hi Tracey
I just had a look at your profile and note that your 10km PB is under 40mins, my goal for this year is to run 10km under 40mins.  If taking my gear off and running up and down the beach a few times gets me there, count me in!  :o  
Just so that this post is in keeping with the subject, I'll add that I'd be happy to wear my CR Tri-top while cycling to the beach.

#32 vat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:33 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Li'l Elf:
I can think of a photo of a particular Coolrunner at a non-race event, in fact at a non-running even, wearing Coolrunning gear . . . Perhaps Mr Tiller knows which one I am talking about? Though I noticed it hasn't been posted on the page . . .    ;)         :D  

That wouldn't involve red wine and gravity, would it Li'l Elf?  Man, I shouldn't have left that gathering early...

#33 Don Juan

veryCoolRunner

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:27 PM

That must have been me:    :unsure:   I was draped in a cool-running top that night in question. The lighting conditions and visibility were poor outside as well.   B)  

I'm confident that Mr G. and Amjan can corroborate that as reliable eye-witnesses.

#34 yeti

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:55 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Tracey:
Though I did compete in the 2002 Samurai Beach Fun Run, great weather that weekend.   I didn't produce any startling performance

Are you really sure your performance didn't startle someone ?  :D  

quote:

Anyone wanting to train with me on "the beach" for this years event just leave your details here and your gear in the car.

A bit far for a training run, but when is the race on ?

Yeti

#35 Tracey

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

Yeti- In the 2002 Samurai Beach event I didn't push it, little unsupported if you know what I mean, I was just out to have fun and enjoy the atmosphere.

The race is on around mid November every year, to the best of my memory it has always been on a Saturday.

See   www.freebeach.com.au   for more info about the carnival day itself - there are some pics there too.

RMC - ha ha ha, he he he.   Sure if that is the sort of thing that pops your cork.

Bendigo - I will be happy to get a hat, the guy that I saw on Samurai Beach had one on and it looked good, will put it on my birthday wish list.

Lonewolf - that 39 mins was done a few years ago and one child ago, haven't been near it for ages.

Bye for now

#36 bendigo

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:37 PM

For the keen Nude Runners, a scan thru the race calendar will show last year's events.

I have recently emailed the series organiser to get this year's dates posted ASAP so that you can all start training and planning the weekends away.

I believe the first for the year is in South Aus in March sometime, although most of the Nude Beach Olympics have sprint races included    (Maslin's Sth Aust on Jan 18th if you're keen!)

I'm sure the colour of the hats will be fine - anything looks good with a tan (except those ugly scars where a melanoma has been removed).

By the way, it is acceptable to train in other than race gear!

#37 laotze

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:50 PM

I was up in Albury on the weekend, and Saturday morning running down from the memorial hill, wearing my coolrunning cap,when 26 milescaught up with me and introduced himself.

So the Coolrunning gear is like a not very secret identifying sign.  Had I not had my Coolrunning cap 26 miles would have shot past me with no more than one runner's greeting to another.

This was my first non- event coolrunning encounter, and it was a buzz.

I even quickened my pace to keep up with him while we chatted, which not doubt contributed to my right calf tightening up badly a kilometre or so after we parted.

Soon CRs will be everywhere...that wasn't an orange CR cap I saw in the Rover images from Mars was it?

#38 26miles

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:39 AM

The coolrunning gear definitely stands out. I spied  Awiseman heading up the hill in Albury and chased him back down. I often try to catch up with other runners while running and the cool gear makes it easier to spot and have a chat.

#39 Rich H

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:06 PM

Passed a CR singlet while I was huffing and puffing in the opposite direction by Pyrmont Bay outside Star City this morning about 7:15.

#40 Jimboy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:09 PM

Looks like I will have to travel to Sydney to get spotted.  <_<

#41 Mister G

Kosciuszko Deprivation Syndrome since 2005

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

Spotted this morning- runner wearing CR singlet heading west on McPherson St, Meadowbank about 7.45am, whilst I was cycling east on the other side of the road. I called out "Hey Coolrunner" and he waved in acknowledgement, but I didn't see his face properly. Thought it might have been Uncle Dave or MPHaz (similar height and hair colour) but I don't think they're anywhere near Meadowbank.

Who was it?

#42 Tracey

CoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 12:23 PM

Coolrunner spotted.   Warringah Road, Frenchs Forest / Forestville - last Monday pm 26th January - smack on 4pm - virtually opposite the Crown of the Hill bottleshop - runner was heading east wearing a Coolrunning Singlet - I tooted my horn after passing him (somewhat belatedly) - but dunno whether or not he heard me or knew the toot was for him.   Who were you?

Tracey

#43 Tuttle

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:18 PM

Jim Beisty,
Nope, I'll keep an eye out for you here in Newcastle.  And I might even be spotted around Cooks Hill/Merewether/Bar Beach in my flash new CR singlet, too.
Cheers,
Tuttle

#44 Don Juan

veryCoolRunner

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:37 PM

Mr G & Tracey,

either that was me or Uncle Dave has slowed down.   :P  
On Monday did the Striders Middle Harbour picnic run with a couple of short-cuts, a great run. Tracey, I didn't hear the horn but thanks anyway. I tend to block out traffic noise on the highways. Mr G., I was going home after a few hills from the river to top Ryde.

#45 DRFC

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:27 PM

Hi,

I would have been the CR spotted by Rich H in Pyrmont on 12 January.

I was also spotted by a cyclist on Pittwater Road, North Narrabeen as I was heading north on 24 January at about 7.00am.

#46 Rooster

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:56 PM

Another siting - Coolrunner spotted running/ tackling hill at back of North Narrabeen. Wearing Coolrunning shirt and I think a camel back. I commented on how great the shirt looked!. Coolrunner please identify yourself......

#47 Rev Shankly

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:11 PM

Spotted 27/1 roughly 12.30ish  running through the Botanic Gdns, 1 lovely lady with a lovely smile, apologies that there wasn`t even a grunt "Go Cool Runner" just a small wave....no excuses but I`ve just got back from extended holiday in the UK and am struggling with the heat!!  Posted Image

Or more correctly the lack of training over the last month....

Rev

#48 JodieR

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

I spotted a guy in a CR cap running along miller st across falcon st, North Sydney/Crowie yesterday (tuesday) evening at about 5pm, running towards cameray. White shirt and black shorts (bike shorts i think)

#49 Gasher

veryCoolRunner

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:59 PM

Hi Rooster
You are very kind,I was struggling by the time I saw you. I was on the way back from my long run to Dee Why.
Good to put a face to a name   :)  

Gasher

#50 vat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:34 AM

Other half spotted a Coolrunner heading south near Top Ryde on Thursday (29/1) morning at around 8:10 - vague description was 'older fellow with blondish greyish hair' - apologies in advance - she was on the bus at the time.

Don Juan?