Back to Victoria
Geelong is the largest regional centre in Victoria and is located approx 75 kms southwest of Melbourne on Port Phillip Bay. It is the gateway to the surfcoast and Great Ocean Road. Being home to many of Australia's best runners including Craig Mottram, Lee Troop & Mark Tucker, it clearly has much to offer the running community.
Key Races 2006
- Sheepwash Classic Fun Run (8km & 4km), Barwon Heads Primary School, 10am (5254 3216 w), Easter Saturday
Places to run - Geelong
Places to run - Surrounding Areas
- Ocean Grove?
- Jan Juc?
- Aireys Inlet?
Running Clubs & Groups
Places to buy Running gear incl. shoes
- The Athlete's Foot (website) - Shop 32 The Plaza, Geelong Market Square Shopng Cntr. (03) 5229 0334
- Rebel Sport (website) - 118 Gheringhap St Geelong. (03) 5222 5088
- De Grandi Cycle & Sport - 419 Moorabool St Geelong. (03) 5221 5099
- Paul's Warehouse (website) - 107-113 High Street, Belmont. (03) 5241 3251
Medical & Doctors
- Northern Physiotherapy 86 Melbourne Rd Norlane 3214 Ph: (03) 5275 3676 Fax: (03) 5274 2026
- Corio Bay Sports Medicine Centre 283 Latrobe Tce. Geelong 3220 Ph: (03) 5221 8822 Fax: (03) 5229 4847 email: email@example.com
- Latrobe Health Centre 94-96 Mc Killop St. Geelong 3220 Ph/Fax: (03) 5223 2370 Great place for a massage
- Procare Sports & Spinal 38 Barrabool Road, Highton 3216 Ph: (03) 5243 3819. Osteopathy and Remedial Massage. www.pro-care.com.au
- Waurn Ponds Physiotherapy Clinic Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds Ph: (03)5245 7577