Welcome to Running and congratulations on taking the first steps towards changing your life! Whether you have taken up running to lose weight, to improve fitness, to relieve stress, to compete, or just to kill time, you'll find that the benefits are many.
- Beginning runner questions & answers - CoolRunning has a section where beginning runners can ask questions and get feedback - reading these threads will probably answer some of your own queries. (click here for more)
- Other runners "getting started" stories - You might think that its hard work starting to run, but its the same for everyone - here some stories about how others started off.
- The Couch-to-5K Running Plan - The CoolRunning USA beginner's running schedule has helped thousands of new runners get off the couch and onto the roads, running 5km in just two months. It has a good mix of walking and running (click here for more)
- First Steps - A patient and conservative approach to your new running routine will make your workouts easier, safer and, yes, even enjoyable. (click here for more)
- Where To Run - No matter whether you live in urban or rural environs, your running route is only as far away as the nearest open door. (click here for more)
- Basic Gear - One of the best things about running is how little equipment it requires. Check here for what you need and what you don't as a new runner. (click here for more)
- Where To Go from Here - After just a few weeks of running, you're no longer a beginner. As a full-fledged runner, where should you take your new running ? (click here for more)
- Doing a race - If you are thinking of doing a race, check out our guide to Racing Etiquette.
- Great Beginning Runner websites
- The Penguin - http://www.waddleon.com - The author John Bingham was just a regular guy who started running, but has found his forte in writing about it.
- The Serpentine running club (UK) have a neat beginners' guide also http://www.serpentine.org.uk/advice/begin/
- 100 Beginner Running Tips from Complete Running
- Beginners Schedule from Runners World UK