City to Surf old
From CoolRunning Australia
|Please bookmark this page as http://www.coolrunning.com.au/city2surf|
Next Race : 9am Sunday 10th August 2008
- Please note the official website for the race is really good and will answer most questions here: http://city2surf.sunherald.com.au
- CoolRunning has some active discussions about the race which will answer most questions not found on the official website : http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?showforum=24
- Please read here for Important transport information: http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=20004
- This year's City to Surf competition will start as usual at the corner of Park and College Streets, and go through the city, finishing at Bondi Beach course map here.
- Entry forms appear exclusively in The Sun-Herald newspaper commencing from end of May until race week. Interstate entrants who entered the previous year's event will automatically receive an entry form early in June, for all others please call 1800-555-514 for entry forms or further information. Please note that photocopied entry forms are not acceptable. It is possible to enter online from the race website with a credit card if you are over 18 years old (under 18s need a parents signature and need to enter with a paper form. Runners under 17 need to have parental/guardian consent. There is no limit on the number of entries and more than 60,000 are expected.
- For information regarding either seeded or preferred runner status for other details please contact the race office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CoolRunning Messageboards have a complete section on the race, and there is lots of info there about how best to run the race, what the hills are like, straetgies for getting to the front of your wave start, what time to turn up to the start etc, based on hundreds of runner comments.
- There is also a teams event - so you should check out the list of categories on the entry form.
- Note that you cannot enter on the day.
Other City to Surf Articles
- All-time City to Surf Personal Best page.
- Calculator to determine your possible time for the race given your time for any other distance.
- Official Webpage for 2003
- Dubbo Daily Liberal article
- Canberra Times article
- Fox Sports article
- Sydney Morning Herald article #1
- Sydney Morning Herald article #2
- News24.com article
- Nyangelo wins City to Surf
- Time to break my record, says Moneghetti
- Runner Comments
- Norma's conquests: after Bondi, she'll take Manhattan
- Entry Forms Now Available
- 2GB to broadcast City to Surf
- Official Webpage for 2002
- All results online
- Susie Power & Jussi Utrianinen Win
- Lurking Finn pops up to spring surprise at surf
- Official announcement about 2002 event