CoolRunning Cairns 5km Challenge
From CoolRunning Australia
This is a weekly 5km handicap challenge.
Details for the 5K Handicap Challenge
- What - Social Run with the Cairns Roadies. ALL welcome. You don't have to be a memeber to participate. Entry Free.
- When - Each and Every Wednesday Night.
- Where - Start at Northern End of Muddy's Playground on the Esplanade (corner of Esplanade and Upward Street). Parking available at the tennis courts.
- What - 5km run along the Esplanade path with handicap starts (you nominate your time).
- Time - Register at 5:25pm, check the countdown clock and leave on your nominated time. You are responsible for recording your time when you get back.
- Nitty Gritty - No fees. Everyone is welcome. Complete the the waiver/entry form and write your name on the results sheet. Include your nominated time. After the race, record your time.
- Organiser - Lorraine Lawson (phone 0450 324 637)
- Terrain - Flat. Run along the Esplanade walking path, turn right onto the concrete path and follow the road (run on the cycle path or dirt footpath) to the turnaround point. Return along the cycle path back to the start. You'll cross two side roads leading into carparks. LOOKOUT for cars. The Esplanade is busy this time of the evening with other walkers, runners and cyclists on the paths.
- Route Map - click here
- Run or Walk. 3K, 8k and 10K run available too - maps provided.
- To other DIY Pages