Guide to Runner Diets
Back to Australian Running Guide
In general, runners are just like any other segment of the population : some eat healthy and some eat junk food, and some eat food likely to help them achieve their best running and other eat food that hinders their performance.
It is quite possible to find elite runners that subscribe to every type of diet, and from reading the CoolRunning Nutrition threads, you can see that even in the segment of CoolRunners, that every diet is in evidence, so don't get the idea that there is only one type of optimal diet that will work for you.
The following is a list of links and articles that may be of interest.
- Distance Runners Diet
- The Runners Diet from CoolRunning USA
- Run the Planet Running Diets
- AIS Sports Nutrition Middle Distance Running
- The China Study
- ..lots more on Google ...
- Organic athlete
- Vegan Runners Forum
- Wikipedia page on Vegan
- What Do Vegans Eat
- [url=http://www.compassionatecooks.com/]Compassionate Cooks[/url]. Cooking DVD, info on cooking classes, plus AR info
- [url=http://www.randomgirl.com/recipes.html]Random Girl Recipes[/url]. a vegan who took the time to put all her favorite recipes on the web to share
- [url=http://www.theppk.com/]The Post Punk Kitchen[/url]. A vegan cooking show in NYC with excellent recipes
- [url=http://www.veganchef.com/]The Vegan Chef[/url].
- [url=http://www.vegcooking.com/]Veg Cooking[/url].
- [url=http://www.vegeats.com/]Veg Eats[/url].
- [url=http://www.vegancooking.com/]Vegan Cooking[/url].
- [url=http://www.veganeat.org/]Vegan Eat[/url]. a new site to submit recipes
- [url=http://www.vegan-food.net/]Vegan Food[/url]. Recipes collected from alt.food.vegan and more
- [url=http://www.veganmania.com/]Vegan Mania[/url].
- [url=http://www.vegweb.com/]VegWeb[/url]. tons of reader-submitted recipes
- [url=http://www.sydneycommunitycollege.com.au/cgi-bin/WebObjects/SCC.woa/wa/module?ID=CK2017E]vegan cooking class [/url]
- [url=http://zbveganrecipes.blogspot.com/]vegan recipe blog[/url]!