Back to Tasmania
Tasmania’s capital city, Hobart — shaped and defined by ocean, river and its majestic mountain backdrop — is an intriguing blend of heritage and lifestyle, scenery and vibrant culture.
- January - Cadbury Marathon and Half (Athletics Tasmania) (and unofficial site)
- February -  Hobart Run the Bridge - 10km
- May -  Hobart City to Casino - 7 & 11km
- September  Ross Marathons - 10km, half and full marathons.
- October - Burnie 10km
- November - Point to Pinnacle 21km, from Wrest Point Casino Tasmania to Pinnacle of Mt Wellington 1270m
Places to run
- Hobart Rivulet Track
- Queens Domain
- Mt Wellington Pipeline track starting at Ferntree (opposite the tavern)
- Risdon Brook Dam
- 4 good runs from Hobart CBD are detailed here (inc. maps): http://www.therunningedge.net.au/#!__event-calendar
Running Clubs & Groups
The Running Edge have ~40 min group runs every Wednesday at 5:45pm leaving from 73 Murray Street Hobart.
- Hobart Athletics Track  Members only. :-(
Places to buy Running gear incl. shoes
The Running Edge, 73 Murray Street Hobart CBD. Ph. 6324 3844. 
Medical & Doctors