How to manage our gear orders
From CoolRunning Australia
- These instructions are written for the person managing gear orders.
- Obviously this is a rough description of how it works now, but we are open to change and other ideas as the situation suggests.
When You Get An Order
CREATING THE INVOICE FROM THE ORDER
- You will receive the orders via the CR mailbox (log in details to be given separately)
- Start by opening the Google Docs link, once in there open the 'Cool Gear' document, and one of the existing invoices.
- In the CR mailbox, gear orders will be labelled 'To Do - Gear'
- Any email labelled 'To Do - Gear' will have at least one order, but may have more than one as gmail will consolidate all gear orders from the same day into one chain of emails. You will need to be careful about this in case any of these get lost!
- For each order you will need to go to the Cool Gear document, and the 'What's Left' tab (at the bottom) to ensure that there is stock to fill their order. If we are out of stock please see process below.
- The next step is to open the email and select (to the right of the email) the 'Create a Document' link, this will open a new document with the text of the order in it.
- From the existing order, copy the CR logo and return policy, go to your new document/order and paste the CR logo and Returns policy over the Register Now logo and the paragraph immediately below the logo. This will leave the person's address and order details.
- Then select 'File' 'Rename' - this will bring up a small window to save the invoice under a new name. The naming convention we use is simply 'gear - PERSONS NAME'.
- Then print the invoice.
- You may or may not want to add a personal note, handwritten or typed, particularly if there has been a donation.
PACKING AND SENDING THE ORDER
- You will have a pile of envelopes, if you run out please buy more (cheaper as a 100 pack) and then send the receipt through to Kevin. Alternatively you may want to organise with Kev for CR to buy them up front. It is up to you what is easiest/most manageable financially.
- Each envelope should have the CR Address stamp stamped on the back.
- Go through your invoices and address the envelopes.
- Fill the orders from the stock.
- Take to post office where they will weigh and charge the best postage rate. Again keep the receipts which you can then scan and send to Kevin to reimburse.
- We suggest on the website that we will send gear out within 2 weeks. If you can keep on top of it once a week or so the job will be very manageable!
Out of Stock process
- If we are out of stock of an item email the person and offer them a choice of waiting, trying another size, swapping to something different or a refund. We can do all of these. If you need to refund someone just send Kevin an email. Post the parts of the order that we do have.
- In the Cool Gear document we keep a list of people who have ordered but not had their order delivered. As soon as the new orders come in, this is the first place to go to fill the outstanding orders. Delete these orders when filled.
- To get some more stock filled, have a look at the current stock levels and think about what you might need. Email Kevin/Ellie to tell you how to go about making another order.
- If you have been updating the stock levels with each order you should have no problems with stocktake, if you are unsure whether you have kept it up to date you may want to do a stocktake each month or so - if stock is running low, or we have run out then we should put in a top-up order.
- Photocopy receipts and send to Kevin – he will arrange for reimbursement.
Faxed and Orders thru the post
- Kevin will scan and send through on the email. It will be tagged 'Gear - To Do' and you can process as per usual.