Back to DIY Pages
This page is for the Melbourne Marathon (and related events) on Sunday 11 October 2009
Race Information and Cool Running Pages
Official race page
Cool Running Forum and Threads
CR forum for the event
CR thread about event
This Wiki page
to be added: link to thread about post race drinks
to be added: link to thread about cheersquad
Entrant List and Goal Times
If you are so inclined, you can list your goal time so that other Coolrunners can find those who are running at a similar pace.
Don't forget to wear your CR gear so you can enjoy the adulation of the cheer squad
- List your name and goal time here. Please put them in order of predicted finish.
That way we know who to look out for and when.
- Haile (hoping for a low 2:03) CR cap - DNS!
- Paula (on the comeback. 2:20?) ran incognito. just took it easy.
- Deadcat (2:49:xx)FAIL 2:51:19... bring on the Canberra Marathon
- DontStop (2.55 would be nice)
- rohan (3:01/3:02 specialist) 2;53;02... almost a 5minute PB.
- Oscar Zarate (3:05 - dreaming about under 3:00) and I DID IT!!! 2:59:37!
- Grechy (Will settle for anything around 3.05ish)
- RobCos (sub 3:10 and qualification to Boston) finished in 3:07:46, knocked 11 minutes off my PB and qualified for Boston.
- OslerBoy (ditto RobCos) finished in 3:08:33
- sfGnome (<3:20 - please...) - What a day! 3:14:06 PB
- Antil (on track for <3:20) CR cap - Failed! 3:27:14 Has to wait until Canberra
- windcrusader (<3:20) Crosbie Crew top, bib 1022, linebreak neutral shorts woo hoo, 3:18:49
- Johnso (<3:20) Bib 918 - Nailed it! 3:16:52
- pbig (3:20s) - 3:12:24, unexpected (ever) PB!
- BostonCalling (Sub 3.30)Bib-441 - 3:26:33, very happy. Boston qualifier next year!!
- twardrop (Sub 3.30) Bib 2912, CR cap
- Kathymac (Sub 3.30) Bib 568
- MattO (3:30s) Green R4tK top, MM/CR Cap Bib 2458 - 3:33 so yep, got it
- Drummo65 (3:30s) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Scratched. :(
- Donbob (3:30) It God Dam Hurt But I Got It 3.25.06
- mikey_a (3:30) CR cap - Done! 3:25
- Otisr (3:30ish - must beat Sydney pd) CR visor - down from Newcastle - say hi.
- Tiger Boy (probably somewhere between 3.30 and 4.00, training hasn't been good enough to think about anything better, and it may well be worse. Bib no. 74, probably wearing CR cap and Richmond Harriers singlet.)
- ChickenRun (3:40ish) 3:30:16 and still grinning like an idiot about it
- TechGirl (3:40ish) Yay - managed 3:35:27 :-)
- Crazygirl (3:40ish) CR cap Not quite 3:48...went out too hard. Will have to pick another to try again!
- Trailblazer777 (dreaming of 3.30-4ish) CR hat Trailblazer777 on it 4.11 my 16min toilet stop was the reason I didn't PB...1.47 Half split was pleasing
- RedClubbie (goal 1 - make the start, goal 2 - finish, goal 3 - sub 4hrs) Yep 3.45 couldn't be happier
- GrizzlyBear (sub 4 hours - hopefully!) wearing CR cap
- Nicstaar - (goal 1 - finish, goal 2 - as close to 4 hours as possible) wearing CR visor Ecstatic - 3.53, can't wait for the next one
- Frankie (Happy to finish) Wearing Coolrunning Tri top and bib no 642
- Baz777 (all I want is redemption after last year's abysmal effort) bib 2875; CR tri-top
- Wombatoutofhell (What Baz said! Would be happy with 4:15 given my lack of training) CR singlet, CR cap and bib no 2822
- PeterPan (Will attempt to run just ahead of the 4:30 bus, but, due to lack of training and a bad knee, I'll be happy to finish. CR cap)
- PavementWarrior (hopefully hold on to 4.30 bus for 4.30!) - Bus went out too fast for me ... so I kept it in sight and went ahead of it and ran out too hard (2.07.33 HM)! Bus caught and went straight by me at 38km and I held on for 4.30.16! Heh
- alisonjc (around 6/6.5 hours)6.18 *BEAMS*
- Mrs Wombat (happy to beat the cut off time!)
- Brewer 1. enjoy the run, 2. even splits. 1. had a great day out, 2. 10:00 split exactly, closest ever
- Soy Latte. sub 4 hours. but the way I am feeling, just to finish. bib no 3226
- TFive . who knows, hardly any training ..... 3.30s
- bruncle (would like a PB, but don't like my chances of breaking 80 mins again this year)
- jasegroom (aiming for 88:00)
- Coogee1979M 99:48 and also to achieve the three goals in my signature
- kbryant (13076) - 1:49:59
- M12 Approximately 1:34:59, but will take any PB
10 Km Run
- List your name and goal time here
5 Km Run
Hezza (sub 30) - 27:45
Mrs Hezza (sub 30) - 27:45
Hezza Junior (sub 22) - 16:41
Darten (aiming for 35)
5 Km Walk
- List your name and goal time here
Cheer squad members
Post Race Drinks attendees
- Mrs Wombat
- Brewer made it to the pub in good time
- Grechy (only if I have a good race otherwise I will spit the dummy)
- trailblazer777 I was there briefly
- MrD (where abouts is it??)
- Davo (possibly)
- soy latte
- Coogee1979M might make an appearance