From CoolRunning Australia
Back to Sydney Suburbs
- Parramatta is one of the oldest suburbs in Sydney but in recent years has been swallowed into part of "the concrete city".
- More about Parramatta from Wikipedia
Runs through or from Parramatta
- Parramatta Lake is only 2km from Parramatta CBD - it has a number of bushwalks (download the map here):
- She Oak Track - Distance: 1550 m Easy walk along the lake edge that loops back along the bitumen road through She Oaks, majestic Sydney Red Gum and Blackbutt.
- Banksia Trail - Distance: 2450 m Moderate walk (uneven surfaces). This trail wanders along the eastern edge taking in views of the lake. Highlights include Old Man and Hair pin Banksias under a canopy of Red Bloodwood and Grey Gum.
- Lake Circuit - Distance 4200 m Moderate walk (uneven surfaces). Displays of wildflowers abound Autumn to Spring, a small rainforest remnant can be enjoyed at the rear of the lake, and, encounters with native birds and animals are ensured.