Places to run in Darwin
From CoolRunning Australia
Back to Darwin
- Darwin's Cycle Paths includes map
- Walking and Bike Riding paths around Darwin
- Nightcliff foreshore bikepath onto casuarina beach to lee point is a good run.
- There is a bikepath to palmerston from casuarina
- If you are staying in the city, a recommendation is to run along the Darwin Esplanade just on dusk. There is a walk way along the length of the Esplanade which you would incorporate into a longer run around the CBD (4-5 kms).
- You could do a couple of circuits around the CBD to add distance or extend you run from the CBD down to an area called Mindel Beach where you would pick up a bike track that takes you along the shoreline to the East Point Reserve. (9-10 kms from the city).
- The run out to East Point is an absolutely fabulous run to do during the dry season with the best sunsets you could imagine. The Darwin Runners Club has some of their runs in this area and you might be in luck when you are in town.
- Run around Palmerston is good.
- Running parallel to Casuarina Beach on a nice sandy track then coming back on the beach.
- More discussion on CoolRunning thread