Places to run in Toowoomba
Back to Toowoomba
- Prince Henry Drive loop
- Redwood Park
- Jubilee Park
- Picnic Point loop
- The Range Hilly 10k
- Airfield Loop easy 5k
- Dalby Bound Flat and as long as you like
- Peachy Forest
Run Summary - A very enjoyable run through the cities botanic gardens. The gardens are at their famous best in the spring months but are stillmost enjoyable at all other times. The course will take you through the early setlers village and other historic landmarks.
Run Distance - The Gardens tracks loop through a number of areas and the 5k distance is a combination of the various loops. The run route details below will tell you where you can shorten the distance by 1k or increase it up to 8k
Topography - The course is over tracks used by the general public and as such is fairly flat - the 8k extension provides the opportunity for some hill work mid run.
Water Stations - There are water fountains in many locations - there is no need to carry youir own water.
Facilities - The Gardens are very popular with the public and with the public swimming pool sharing the same carpark there is showers and change facilities available at the pool for a $2.00 fee. The gardens cafe near the main gate is a great spot for a post run cool drink and rest.
Run Route Details - From the main entrance in Main Street head to the path that is clearly marked "Early Settlers Village" - this path is well defined and it is 600m to the village, at the village turn right and follow this path, follow the signs to the rose garden. At the rose garden you would normally turn right and follow the fence loop around the back of the rose garden - those wanting to take the shorter route turn left and pick up the fence loop in 100 meters.
- Start at the bottom of Toowoomba Range at Withcott.
- Find the end of Table Top Road where it joins the Warrego Highway. Along Table Top Road is a good place to park the car.
- Cross the Warrego highway here. There is a break in the concrete barrier in the middle of the road.
- Run up the Warrego highway along the road for about 500m. The two car lanes will divide about here.
- You will get to a park which has picnic tables. Go downhill into the park and you will see signs to the track.
- There is a (horse?) track that goes from here up the range to Toowoomba. It is about 2.5km to the top of the range.
Topography - Very hilly!