|The CoolRunning 'Recycled Runners' programme has been ceded to Shoes for Planet Earth, please visit their website.|
Check out this video clip describing the programme, on Weekend Sunrise.
We're pleased and proud to have worked with an organisation that's as passionate about doing something valuable and useful with used running shoes as we are.
Please support their efforts, and donate your runners through Shoes for Planet Earth.
For contact and programme details, visit their website.
Most runners do their sport to keep fit and have a positive outlook on life. Many of them are keen on looking after our environment and in helping those less fortunate than ourselves. It has long been a concern to me that so many pairs of running shoes are worn thrown away as rubbish when so many people in the world have to go barefoot and could still make use of the shoes.
CoolRunning is a non-profit organisation that used to collect old & discarded running shoes from Australian runners and pass them on to needy runners (+ others) in the Australia and Pacific region.
You can help Shoes For Planet Earth by passing on your old shoes or asking to receive the shoes they collect.
- Recycled Runners was a part of CoolRunning Australia
- Donate shoes
- Donation Locations
- Receive shoes from us
- Donation history
- Recycled Runners resources incl links
- Spread the word
- Thanks supporters
- Pairs distributed = 1089 pairs
- Pairs available now = approx 80 pairs
- Complete Donation History
- May-2009 - Donations and shops
- Feb-2009 - SMC going well + write up in Runners World Mag
- Nov-2008 - Big donation + AFAP arrangement + Sydney Marathon Clinic location
- Jan-2008 - Still Going
- Feb-2007 - Thinking outside the shoe box
- Jul-2007 - Kitchener woman has lot of sole
- Sept-2006 - Sneaker drive runs well in Micronesia
- Apr-2006 - Article in Runners World (AUS) about Recycled Runners
- Jan-2006 - Coburg Harriers (VIC) get behind Recycled Runners