|Please bookmark this page as http://www.coolrunning.com.au/southside|
- President: Bob Fickel by email at email@example.com or Postal address: PO Box 744, Sutherland NSW 1499 or phone (02) 9523-6325
- Asst. Secretary: Bruce McCredie (02) 9524-8332.
- Training Details: Alternate weeks - short or long:
- short 400m, 800m, 1500m & 1 mile
- long: track 3km & 5km,road: 7.5km & 10km
- When: Every Thursday all year wet or fine, Short Distance Start 6.10pm, Long Track & Road Start 6.20pm.
- Location: Sylvania Waters Athletlic Field, Belgrave Esplanade, Sylvania Waters, Sydney, NSW
- Race Entry: $3
- Membership Fee: $10 per year - 1st Oct-2008 to 30-Sept-2009
The Southside Masters Club is an organisation for runners and walkers. We meet every Thursday evening come rain, hail, shine or public holidays. The only time we don't run is if Christmas Day falls on a Thursday.
Download the programme for details of events (below), entry and membership fees. The two bridges run of 14km is only run during daylight saving months. See the route of the map for the bridge run. We also have a 3 km and 5 km walk
We have a cumalative point score series that run over a three month period, ie Jan to March, April to June and so on. The first four place getters in each event at the of the series, win a gift card. First prize $50, Second $40, Third $30 & Fourth $20.00. If two people finish on equal points then prize money is shared. To take part in the point score, the competitor has to be a financial member. However, we stress, you don't have to be a member of the club to participate & run.
We have runners/walkers of all ages including children with ages ranging from 7 to 75, gun runners to plodders so that nobody will feel out of place. Peter Dell is our handicapper & point scorer.
The club organises about 3 free BBQ a year which are great social get-togethers.
Once a year we have the 'Bob Molloy Handicap'. Bob was our treasurer for many years as well as a fierce competitor and, in his memory, we hold this event. We have 3 heats of 3km track races and a final. You have to run two heats to qualify for the final, which is a staggered start. The winner usually gets a gift voucher of $50, the perpetual trophy as well as a personal trophy and gift cards for second and third.
Bob Molloy 3Km Memorial Trophy
- Results from final run 29th November 2007