CoolRunning Perth 5km Challenge
From CoolRunning Australia
Revision as of 05:39, 6 September 2008 by Joggerkev
Back to DIY Pages
- When - generally First Saturday of each month - read the CoolRunning Thread to confirm.
- Where - Adelaide Uni Running Loop. The corner of Jerningham St & Mackinnon Pde, North Adelaide.
- What - 5km run around the 2.2km Uni Loop running track with handicap starts (you decide your own handicap).
- Time - Meet before 7am, usually the fastest runner does a countdown and you go off what pace you think you might do or want to push for. First runners - the 35min group start at 6:55am, the 30min group start at 7:00am, 25min group at 7:05am, 20min group at 7:10, 15min group at 7:15am etc. Listen to the starter who will be calling start times.
- Contact - none - just front up. No fees.
- Terrain - car-free un-sealed path. Maybe a few other runners.
- Uni Loop The Uni Loop is a 2.2km running track that has markers every 200m. The start of the run is at the 1600m marker (clockwise) as we run anti-clockwise and the 5k consists of 600m plus 2 laps.not yet added and not yet added
- All welcome - You can run or walk 5k or cheer on those that are.
- At the finish (self-timed) people have a quick chat and walk (200m) to a cafe on Melbourne St but you needn't stay.