CoolRunning Sydney 5km Challenge
From CoolRunning Australia
Revision as of 07:32, 25 June 2007 by Joggerkev
Back to The Bay Run
- When - generally last Saturday of each month - read the CoolRunning Thread to confirm.
- Where - Start at Drummoyne Rowers Club on Henley Marine Drive, Drummoyne. Opposite Brett Park. Near Iron Cove Bridge.
- What - 5km run around Iron Cove bay with handicap starts (you decide your own handicap). Usually the fastest runner does a countdown and you go off what pace you think you might do or want to push for.
- Time - Meet just before 7am, first runners - the 30min group start at 7:05am, 25min group at 7:10am, 20min group at 7:15, 15min group at 7:20am etc. Listen to the starter who will be calling start times.
- Contact - none - just front up. No fees.
- Terrain - car-free path. Maybe a few walkers and the odd cyclist.
- Route Maps here and here
- All welcome - so long as you can run or walk 5k.
- Generally approx 30 runners turn up. The course has yellow markings each km and finishes the other side of the bay. At the finish (self-timed) people have a quick chat then jog back, but you needn't stay. Sometimes there may be a social pancake happening back at the start.
- More on the CoolRunning Discussion Thread