CoolRunning Western Sydney 5km challenge
From CoolRunning Australia
Revision as of 02:22, 9 November 2011 by Ray Coyne
This is a monthly 5km handicap challenge - see the discussion thread on CoolRunning for details on the time and place of the next run.
Back to DIY Pages
- When - Second Saturday of each month - read the CoolRunning Thread to confirm.
- Where - Nurragingy Reserve, Knox Rd, Doonside. Meet near "Wren" picnic area: see maphere.
- What - 5km run around Nurragingy (you decide your own handicap). Or you can choose to do the short 2 km loop or the longer 3 km loop. Or just come to eat and cook breakfast.
- Time - Meet by 7:10am, aim is for everyone to finish @ 8:00am - Go off your own watch to figure this out.
- Contact - Ratdog - just front up or keep an eye on the CR thread
- Terrain - Shared Pathway - very rare to have others out, but sometimes encounter dog walkers and the occasional car.
- Course since the park doesn't open till 7am, I put out the markers for the course; it consists of a large loop with 2 out and backs and a short loops with 1 out and back. The map is in this post on the CR Thread
- All welcome - You can run or walk 5k or cheer on those that are...prams & Jnr CRs most welcome!
- Breakfast after for those interested at location, consisting of tea, coffee, pancakes...