Pain In The Domain
From CoolRunning Australia
Revision as of 14:23, 3 June 2007 by Joggerkev
- When - every Tuesday lunchtime from 12:50pm to 1:30pm
- Where - corner of The Domain closest to the NSW State Library, Sydney CBD
- What - A series of sprints from about 50m, average 150-200m, longest 730m(ish) in a 6k fartlek session. Elapsed time approx 26-32 min.
- Contact - none - just front up. No fees.
- Terrain - grass & road, flat and hills, even stairs .
- All welcome - so long as you can run 6k ... and there are plenty of short cuts!
- Number of groups vary from 4 to 6 depending on how many turn up & speed. Go with what ever group takes your fancy - the earlier the group, the faster it will be (in theory). There is a leader for each group, that rotates depending on who turns up. Each group leaves the start at about 1min gaps, group 1 being the fastest - can be a very tough run depending on how hard you run your sprints.
- Group 3 would suit a A 40min 10k runner
- Group 2 completes the 6km in about 28mins, including jog recoveries
- Group 1 completes the 6km in about 26mins, including jog recoveries
- There are 14 sprints, the lengths vary a little depending on who is leading each group, but give or take a few metres are:
- 150m (path flatish)
- 200m (grass down then up)
- 90m (grass up)
- 130m (grass down)
- 150m (flat path)
- 100m (grass flat)
- 170m (grass very up)
- 130m (flat path)
- 730m (flat path waterfront)
- 75m (stairs!)
- 140m (grass flat)
- 235m (mainly up grass)
- 200m (path steep uphill)
- 200m (path flat/up)
- for a total of 6k.