Terms & Conditions of Use
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 CoolRunning Sports Company
All rights reserved
This website is owned and operated by the CoolRunning Australia Inc. Set out below are the terms and conditions on which CoolRunning allows you to access the Site. (The "Site" is defined as any distinct webpage that is part of the coolrunning.com.au domain). By accessing the Site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out on this page. You should be aware that these terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. If you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, you must exit the site immediately.
As you would be aware, CoolRunning is a website that is written by runners for runners and therefore, some of the articles may be subjective, and not necessarily objective or fact. We do try (very hard) to present information that will be useful, truthful and accurate to the majority of runners, but there will always be things that slip through the net. Sorry, but we cannot take responsibility for this. The reader is cautioned to always make contact with the organisers of events to confirm the specific date/time/cost or other requirements as these are always subject to change. Further inclusion of events, advertisements, running or otherwise, does not suggest any recommendation on behalf of CoolRunning.
CoolRunning Australia cannot be held responsible for any mis-represented or inaccurate views/data/information. The information contained in the Site has been obtained from various sources, including CoolRunning, and third parties including sporting associations. Such information is intended to be used by you for information purposes only. Of particular note is to always seek medical/professional guidance before following any advice given on our forums.
Nothing in the Site is intended to constitute any offer, in any jurisdiction, for the sale or purchase of any securities, nor is anything contained in the Site intended to be relied on by visitors for any investment decisions. CoolRunning makes no representations or warranties about the suitability of the information contained in the Site for any purpose whatsoever, nor does CoolRunning warrant that information contained in this Site is free from any error or omission. By accessing this Site, you agree that CoolRunning, its subsidiaries, related bodies corporate, related entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents, consultants helpers and/or volunteers are in no way liable to you, or to any third party claiming through you, for any loss or damage whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential damages) resulting from the use of the Site. To the maximum extent allowable by law, CoolRunning disclaims all warranties with regard to the information contained in the Site, including any implied warranties as to fitness for use or merchantability.
Indemnity and Release
In accessing this Site, you release the CoolRunning Parties, from any claim relating in any way to your use of this Site and you indemnify the CoolRunning Parties from and against all actions, proceedings, claims and demands against any of the CoolRunning Parties by a party claiming loss or damage as a result of your acting other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Copyright & Fair Use Statement
All information contained in this Site (whether in the form of text, graphical images, software, advertisements, logos or otherwise) is subject to a claim of copyright by CoolRunning or the lawful holder of those rights. All rights are reserved in this regard.
You may only use or reproduce information contained in this Site for your personal, non-commercial or educational use provided that you
- refer to "CoolRunning Australia" (by name) and include our logo and web address (www.coolrunning.com.au) in any such reproduction.
- You may not charge any fee for the use of, or use for commercial gain, any information contained in this Site; except with the express written consent of CoolRunning.
- Under no circumstances are you to use any information contained in this Site for any purpose which is prohibited under these terms and conditions, is unlawful, or which contravenes the rights of CoolRunning or any other holder of rights in such information.
The Site may contain links to other internet sites from time to time. CoolRunning has no control over the material contained in any such linked website. The fact that such links exist does not constitute any recommendation, endorsement or approval by CoolRunning of the information contained in any linked website. Should you choose to visit any such linked website, you do so at your own risk. None of the CoolRunning Parties are liable for any consequence of you visiting any such linked website. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Interactive Facilities - YOUR Commitment
From time to time, the Site may contain interactive facilities which allow you to send information to CoolRunning or to other third parties. As an example, this maybe, but not limited to, email, web forms, messageboards. If you participate in any interactive facility, you:
- represent and warrant that any information provided by you is not owned by, or confidential to, any third party;
- represent and warrant that your provision of such information will not expose any of the CoolRunning Parties to any liability, whether civil or criminal;
- grant to CoolRunning a perpetual licence to use and disclose any such information provided by you to any person or entity for any purpose, which may include the publication of such information on this Site;
- waive any rights you have in relation to any information submitted through an interactive facility in favour of CoolRunning; - release and indemnify the CoolRunning Parties from any claim in any way related to the information provided by you.
Interactive Facilities - COOLRUNNING Commitment
- Although we do not have any obligation to monitor reader comments posted to any interactive facilities on the Site, which includes but is not limited to the Messageboards and Australian Running Guide, we reserve the right at all times to review them and to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We also reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.
- This site does not force a user to provide any personal user information and usage can be entirely anonymous, unless a user chooses to type such data.
- If a user chooses to enter such information, the Site promises to not disclose this information to any third party unless necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request ie we will disclose to the Police on request or anyone with a court order requesting us to.
- Statistics are captured regarding how many visits there are to each page on the site but these cannot be tracked back to any user specifically.
- Information is captured from the search engine regarding number of search terms and what serch terms are, and these cannot be tracked back to any user specifically.
- Users cannot participate in some interactive facilities which includes but is not limited to the Messageboards and Australian Running Guide, without being registered, but any user can read all content. Registration requires the user to enter a valid email address in order to receive their password but you can register an anonymous name with an anonymous "free" mail account eg Hotmail, Yahoo so disclosure of personal details is not required.
- The default option on the messageboards is to set a cookie to remember user-logon-name and password to save having to log in every time, but users do not have to set this feature should they not want to. This cookie is only saved on the user's computer and is not accessed or remembered "centrally".
Acceptance of these Terms And Conditions
If you do not accept any of these terms and conditions, you must exit the Site immediately.
For further information on all matters contact CoolRunning.