As we move into the new millennium AURA is well situated to adopt a higher profile within the running and general community. The new committee is developing plans for the next phase in AURA's growth and it is appropriate that a special mention must be made of the stalwarts who have guided the club to where it is now, Geoff Hook, Dot Brown , Tony Rafferty to name a few. It is only with the involvement of dedicated members that AURA can reach its full potential.
The new committee has agreed that there is tremendous room for growth and has set itself the following agenda for the next twelve months:-
- Undertake a survey of members needs and the benefits that they see AURA providing and use this as the basis of a new membership drive.
- Solicit corporate sponsorship and negotiate specific member benefits through sports shops etc
- Gain increased involvement of interstate representatives to committee meetings
- Build a stronger relationship with Ultra running groups nationally but with particular emphasis on the existing organisations in Queensland and Tasmania.
- Undertake a planned approach to developing the image and profile of Ultra running within the running and general community.
- Open up the Committee and AGM to more interstate representation and input through conducting teleconference meetings.
In order to achieve these objectives, a number of sub committees have been established and are starting to work on developing plans that will help our organisation and the sport to grow.
I would invite members to contact there state representatives or members of the executive and discuss ideas and opportunities and especially to become more involved on the committee a number of vacancies exist principally in Tasmania, ACT and Queensland.
Your input will be invaluable to the committee as we plan for the future.